It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremists are wrong on both sides, the Middle of the Road is the answer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I grow so tired of both sides, the extreme right and the extreme left attacking the "middle of the road". Oh, it's so terrible, you need to take a stand. Oh, you can't get anything done in the middle, you have to pick a side and fight for it. Oh, the middle of the roaders are just idiots that don't know what we know.

BS!! The "middle of the road" is the majority. The "middle of the road" is the group of people who can think, who can feel, who can work together to move forward. The fringes on either end are destroying our country.

The extreme left wants a completely docile nation that does exactly what they are told and loves one another. The extreme right wants a, well, a completely docile nation that does exactly what they are told and hates one another. The only big difference is in the intention, the love vs hate. BOTH sides want everyone else to be docile and do exactly what they are told to do but with a different intention. Both sides are wrong.

I'm right here in the middle and I'm not a coward, I'm not an idiot, I'm not an extremist on either end. I see the value of owning guns, I see the value of following the laws, I see the value of helping my neighbor and I see the value of my neighbor helping me. The answers don't lie on the left or the right, the answers lie right here in the middle.

People in the middle aren't quick to anger, they aren't quick to lash out, they aren't quick to go to battle against one another because they know we can only move forward while working together. The middle always gets a bad name regardless of the situation and that bad name is never really descriptive of what the middle is.

If you're the middle child, which I am, you are the supposed trouble maker, the one that causes all the problems, the one that doesn't succeed in the stereotypes but that is false 99% of the time. The middle child is the most successful, the most well rounded, the one that solves the problems.
www.npr.org...
Middle children are the ones who are strong in times of stress, they make up 52% of the past Presidents of the United States, no, they don't get the "most attention" but sometimes, that's a good thing, not a bad thing. They set their own boundaries, they learn to survive without all the attention, they learn to succeed without all the babying and without all the expectations that are given to the youngest and the oldest. They are the ones who become their own person who really determine their own circumstances who are successful or unsuccessful on their own merits, not on the merits of who their parents are or are not.

When you look at statistics about, well ANYTHING, what do you look at? You look at the average, you look at the majority, you look at the MIDDLE, not the extremes. The extremes are often thrown out when looking at statistics because they are such a small percentage that skews the results from what they actually are.

If you want to define something, you look at the middle. It's the largest, the strongest, the most descriptive group that exists. The "middle of the road" is the determining factor of the road. The middle of a river or creek or stream determines the banks of it. The middle of your body is the most important part to continue life, it's where the organs are centered, it's where bilateral symmetry originates. The middle is the key.

mid·dle-of-the-road
1.favoring, following, or characterized by an intermediate position between two extremes, especially in politics; moderate.
2.of, pertaining to, or describing a type of popular music that avoids extremes of style and is catchy and tuneful enough to have broad appeal.
3.Also called easy listening. popular music having comparatively conventional, melodic qualities and hence having broad commercial appeal.

What's so "bad" about this?? I see nothing negative about it. Moderation, all things in moderation, that is the key to life. Extremism causes stress, it causes anger, it causes strife. Why would people want to live in constant strife and stress?

Yeah, I'm right here, in the middle of the road and I like it here. I can see both sides, I can see what's coming, I can see what's going. As people approach they veer to the left or to the right, they don't come barrelling right down the middle and flatten me, they have room on either side and they use that to pass on by without conflict and it never enters their mind. The middle of the road goes everywhere, it covers everything, it gets things done, it gives purpose, it gives clarity and it's not destroyed when the extreme left or extreme right is destroyed.

You can rant and rave about it, you can try to blame all your woes on it, you can scream, shout, cuss and cry, but the middle is always there, it's always strong, it's always the determining factor. Even if one side fell away completely, what's left would still be determined by the middle of that, not the extremes.

Face it, we're all average, we're all the "middle", we're all determined by the center of our existance. Whether it be the mean or the median, the "middle" is the most important part. Without it, the rest doesn't exist.

Even the human body, the heart is right there in the middle and a little to the left. God was no fool, nor was basic evolutionary development wrong.

edit on 15-12-2012 by NinjaKitteh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Both extremes need to stop and let us all move forward.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by NinjaKitteh

I agree NinjaKitteh. Don't have anything to add but a star and a flag for you!
Very nicely said!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join