It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Now, Some in The Anti-Gun Crowd Call for Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Following the horrific Connecticut school massacre that left 28 people dead this morning, Twitter began trending with people blaming the National Rifle Association (NRA) and the 2nd Amendment — and not the person with free will who committed the atrocity — for the tragedy.

Some people went so far as to openly call for the murder of NRA President David Keene and any NRA supporters.

GUN GRABBERS CALL FOR MURDER OF NRA PRESIDENT, Supporters in Wake of Mass Shooting

This is madness. I know grief can cause people to do things they wouldn't normally do. But is this grief, or opportunity speaking?

These people, mad that an insane monster killed 20 children, are now calling for the murder of other innocents. For what? What exactly will this accomplish? What if, then, the families of the new victims turn the calls of murder for the anti-gun crowd?

These people are just as dangerous to us as that fellow was today. They are no better than he.

/TOA
edit on 14-12-2012 by The Old American because: grammar

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Hypocrisy at it's finest.........

You know, my town here in Canada(which a lot of people seem to think is antigun for some reason), there are more guns than people. In 2012, there was a grand total of
0 murders
0 rapes
0 armed robberies

The worst arrests were assault(drunken fights outside the bar), and drug possession. One of the many reasons why I like living in the country.
edit on Fri, 14 Dec 2012 19:01:57 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I wonder how they would accomplish this task, guess they better go out and buy a gun. Oh wait...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The favorite past time of these folks, the blame game. Funny how the very people who get the most offended at events like this shooting are also the most likely to overreact. So much for civility.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
(The Pot calling the Kettle Black) Ironic is it not

This CT moment I am feeling is going to be another 9/11 in it's entirety. Or am I the only one feeling this

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Perhaps they will arm themselves with knives, screw drivers, chainsaws, machetes, straight razors, pitch forks, battery acid, ropes or just bad breath. The mindless, politically correct are on the verge of taking over my country.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
The more I read about these shootings the more I see a plan to disarm America.

The theater did not have the impact, the mall didn't do it, lets try a school or two.

When something falls into the arms of the Gun control radicals I don't think in terms of providence, I think in terms of a plan.

Watch, you need a few more in quick succession to get the point across.

P

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

And that is exactly what frightens me. Once the volume on the gun control issue goes up I suspect at least one more school shooting if not more. Ill educated outrage can be a very useful tool in the right hands.

edit on 14-12-2012 by Witness2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
What is the essence of America? Finding and maintaining that perfect, delicate balance between freedom "to" and freedom "from." ~Marilyn vos Savant, in Parade

“Man is a being with free will; therefore, each man is potentially good or evil, and it's up to him and only him (through his reasoning mind) to decide which he wants to be.” Ayn Rand

“Those who desire to give up freedom in order to gain security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.” Ben Franklin

Be careful what you wish for. You want people to give up their guns? Then what next? Our country was founded on freedom, it is already on the downhill slope, do we really want to just shove ourselves the rest of the way down?

These shootings are horrendous, but what most people are ignoring is that all the shooters are very troubled individuals. And another element to this...were any of them on meds? There needs to be a better system for the troubled.

top topics

join