It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Say goodbye to your guns America!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Put on a 10 yr prison sentence with a $250,000 fine and most will figure it not worth it. Add a voucher for $X for each gun during the "Amnesty Period" and the majority will turn them in before that knock at the door.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
Just got banned from GLP because I suggested intelligent gun control.In Australia we had three massacres in the 1990's the Government then banned automatic and semi-automatic weapons and bought back most in circulation.There has not been a mass killing since.

I see all the posters here that believe they have a divine right to blow little furry animals and beer bottles to kingdom come with 60 round magazine 600 round per minute weapons but this is 2012 not the 1950's society is a lot sicker and there are a lot more sickos and unless you get military grade weapons out of civilian hands this will happen again again and again.

I can buy lever action and pump action weapons with all the fire power I could ever need what I cannot do is arm myself like John Rambo and kill dozens in minutes.

Im sorry but if you want this to stop Obama is going to have to take on the NRA and outlaw rapid fire guns.

My cell phone can do a lot of damage,lol
Thankfully there are many among us who recognize that we're responsible for our own lives and our own happiness.
Our life is the result of choices we've made.
We don't blame others.
They can take my Guns with out a fight ill just get another & another
Everytime something like this happens i go out & buy more Bullets
Im not the only one the shelfs are empty....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

but why are we not banning tobacco smoking

Tax&revenue
Owning firearms is part of the Constitution
And that can not be Changed
These things will happen and harrowing as they are
You can not rip into the Constitution and change it without debasing the whole thing
Today we mourn those lost to the finger of a maniac
I hope all the families find peace in their loss

Cran

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Look to next Friday for Obama to announce new Gun Restriction Laws, then he will go into his Bunker and wait out the inevitable shootouts Country wide.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Just a quick question, why can it not be changed? So in a thousand years you still want that as your laws etc?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by ka0s69

Gun control is obviously coming and honestly i find it funny 99% of the time when people say they would fight to the death for their guns. You're going to feel very differently about that when soldiers and police come knocking at your door for them, most will likely hand them over as quickly as possible.

Modern military disarmaments don't back up your assumption. The huge coalition of NATO troops are still having difficulty keeping malnurished Afghans from getting arms and fighting over a decade later. If the combined might of NATO has difficulty keeping a country the size of california under control, what makes you assume the United States could do it on a population many orders of magnitude greater? There are 80 guns in America per 100 people. A 0.5% non compliance would still number in the millions.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

When Australia had its gun buy back people who had anything that even looked like a gun handed them back for cash and I know of people who had 6" barrels and cut them in half and called them firearms. Problem is that there are now more legally owned firearms here than before and even more illegal ones in the hands of possibly nutcases.

If the US government offers up cash for your firearms, take the opportunity and hand em back knowing that you cant keep things that go bang out of determined peoples hands for ever. You will get them back eventually but without the ones that hold 25+ rounds in them, here in Australia the maximum rounds allowed in a handgun is 10 which really isn't that bad.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

Which 3 massacres were they???

We Had ONE massacre by a certified Looney bird, that noone could believe could happen........this one Loon casually walked around and killed 35 people.
One of the MAIN problems, was that because Australia is such a relatively peaceful country, AND most people are desensitized by TV/movie violence, ordinary people could not comprehend what was happening.

Gun's sound nothing like that do on tv or in movies. They sound more like a childs cap gun that a full rifle.
This loon just walked up to people and shot them , as they sat there in disbelief. As in "who or why would someone do this?".
Not one person tried to fight him off, jump on him, throw a chair at him, stab him with a pocket knife/plastic fork or anything.....most younger people ran off and hid behind counters/tables etc...you know, like in the movies.. he simply walked around behind the counter and shot them.

Perhaps??????? If Australia allowed personal protection like the USA.....that least someone may have shot him in the leg or something....might have saved 30 lives.....

Still, you have to be brave/stupid/warped/angry to actually have to shoot someone......most people are untrained for that.

Gun control does'nt work in reality...it just disarms the innocent...the Criminals still seem to be able to locate a weapon, whenever they want.

And to show the absurd stupidity of the situation in Australia, someone last week walked onto a docked Navy Patrol boat, "overcome" (supposedly) the duty watch, and stole a heap of automatic Military weapons and ammo......

So much for gun control, so where have those rifles etc gone?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by thatonedude

Just because other countries have to be cowards doesn't mean we do.

How does not having access to a gun make you a coward?

Does owning a gun make you brave?........strange way of looking at things.
edit on 14/12/2012 by Argyll because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

But those kids didn't die, if the guy in China used a gun I bet those poor kids would have.

22 died in US and 22 injured in China

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

Actually (and that is the risk; that it can be changed)....the right "to keep and bear arms" is the Second Amendment to the Constitution. It is an Amendment....get it. It is not part of the original document.

edit on 14-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I see all the posters here that believe they have a divine right to blow little furry animals and beer bottles to kingdom come with 60 round magazine 600 round per minute weapons but this is 2012 not the 1950's society is a lot sicker and there are a lot more sickos and unless you get military grade weapons out of civilian hands this will happen again again and again. I can buy lever action and pump action weapons with all the fire power I could ever need what I cannot do is arm myself like John Rambo and kill dozens in minutes. Im sorry but if you want this to stop Obama is going to have to take on the NRA and outlaw rapid fire guns.
reply to post by anglodemonicmatrix

You know here is a scary little factoid. The people who commit these "massacres" are ignorant *#$@. Using a AR-15 because it look kewl. I would worry about the guy who can shoot and uses a lever action to drop people from a distance. AR's and other semi-automatic weapons have a greater chance of jamming, a case of pretty is as pretty does. The shooting today strikes me as another narcissist getting his attention at the expense of others. As so many people in the US want to be heard, some do it in the most evil of ways.

edit on 14-12-2012 by hangedman13 because: sarcasm

edit on 14-12-2012 by hangedman13 because: grammar gestapo

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Yuuuuppp...

Probably why the first shooting happened in Portland,OR of all places. What better way to get all the delusional hippies out in force to support an idiotic gun ban than to strike right at the heart of their headquarters. I really despise the right as well btw...before anyone jumps on me about that...
I can't believe how hard the lefties are sucking the @*$# of tragedy for the past couple days trying to further their agenda on gun control and making sure everyone knows how right they are about it. Every news site I've looked at is just pages and pages of comments about how guns er' bad under EVERY single article about the two shootings.
All I really have to say about it at the moment is...have you taken a look at America lately? Have you seen the insanity that American society has become? Perhaps maybe we should start there first...

HEY! I just had a great idea! Let's make a law banning STUPID!

Your welcome America, for I have fixed you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

I am not worried about the competent individual with a lever action he has on average 3-6 shots depending on calibre (unless its a 22) and is probably a responsible gun owner,what I would about is some antipsychotic drug affected sociopath in their teens or twenties that can arm himself with 15 round handguns and 100 round 223's or whatever and then go postal...but wait a minute you cant get those guns in this country so I dont have to worry about it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join