It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A World Of Cowards

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
We live in a world of cowards. A world that breeds hatred. I am absolutely dumbfounded and in misery of this place we live in. Our jobs as not just parents, but as human beings is to protect our most precious resource. Our children cant even safely go to school. What is wrong with us as a human race?

This is not the time to discuss gun rights and topics..This is not the time to side to politics, this is a time to realize what we have, hug our children a little tighter and tell them we love them. A time to stand up and protect and change the face of this miserable world. This day will always be remembered because of the actions of a coward. How many will be remembered because of the actions of heros.

My sympathies and extreme condolences go out to those effected on this shameful day. My heart breaks and bleeds for the children and families..Candles will be lit all over the world tonight for those lost, please join me in lighting candles outside to show a small glow of warmth on a chilled night of loss and heartache.

And finally....please stand up, go out of your way, make it your life mission to be a hero.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Amen to that. It truly has become a sick and sad world from when we grew up. I honestly fear for my sons future. My heart, thoughts and prayers go to all those afflicted by this horror. As a father, a neighbor, as an every day guy, my deepest condolences to the families. Such a terrible loss we have faced today.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by crkking
This day will always be remembered because of the actions of a coward. How many people will be remembered because of the actions of heroes.

I woke up with Wolf Blitzer talking about this on CNN. Made me sick. Not a good way to wake up. 5 minutes of that is all one needs to get the point so I changed the channel.

People need to start being more pro-active with these sorts of things and finding a solution to this sort of problem. Children are the most important resource we have. We need to keep them protected and educated at all times. I see a day coming when public schools are a thing of the past and school districts start taking measures to teach their curriculum to students in the safety of their own homes. A cross between home schooling and public education. If a district doesn't have the finances to provide computers to students, the vast majority of which own computers anyway, they can always set up a "host house" where a certain number of students can go and share the resources. Get the teachers to be "host parents", or something similar, so you know there's someone qualified to oversee everything. One of the main advantages to this is that everything would be on private property. Someone's house. City councils may have to create a brand new zone for these types of set-ups, somewhere between business and private, to where the legalities on that end are taken care of, but that would be a small price to pay IMO.

People might say "Well what happened today was an exception to the rule. No need to go to extremes" I don't care if it's an exception to the rule or not. 28 children victims are 28 too many. Or my favorite argument: " Don't let emotions rule your decisions" Sorry, but if you don't feel emotions about something like THIS then you're dead inside. People need to stop talking about what went wrong and start talking about what we can do to keep this from happening again. Something realistic that can implemented without too many rules and regulations getting involved.

Those sorts of things tend to bog things down anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
At least it has waited like three whole days for the barrage of politics to try and sway the minds of the people into believing or not believing guns are the problem. When they take the guns away, are they going to ban swords and knives, and eventually rocks?

top topics

join