It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love vs unconditional love.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
.reply to post by AthlonSavage

Lmao. And you think this describes me? You think you know me?

The only way you can know anyone is by knowing your self.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Lmao. And you think this describes me? You think you know me?

The only way you can know anyone is by knowing your self.

With all things considered, i take a leap and sometimes i land on my feet and sometimes on my face. I hope you can forgive me if i have offended you.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If you kept your feet on the ground, you'd live longer

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If you kept your feet on the ground, you'd live longer

You are completely right. I guess im short for this world.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Love is interchangable, unconditional love is not.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

If its on the level of form, its conditional. When there is no form, it is unconditional. If its between one and an"other" its conditional. If there is only one, it is unconditional. Reaching the formless is the most difficult thing possible because you have to look through all forms. That means the physical form of the person you love and even the personality of the person you love. In that case there is no "person" left anymore but the true reality the true nature the true substance of the person is revealed. And that is really what was so enchanting about the person all along- the little glimmer of the formless that shines through the form. So you may love a particular form more than another or you may not care much for a particular form but TRUE love is not on the level of form, its not love of one form for another form its of a completely different nature that cant be spoken of with words because words represent forms. If you want TRUE love- look through all forms.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by emeris

It is me. Love is the only thing that makes sense.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
To direct your love to another place other than yourself, is like anchoring yourself to a physical "thing" or physical "body" (if it's a person) which can come and go, and which will at some point be "break" or "die".

Loving yourself, will give you an endless supply of happiness... and since you will be happy and in love (with yourself) , you will have no reason to be unkind to others, so it will transform you in a sense.

(Not talking about loving your "body" , or your "beliefs/preference", but just showing a sense of affection/care/compassion for one's self...

edit on 19-12-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I dunno. If I love anyone, I do it right then, generally. If I have to think about it and come up with a reason, that's "like". I like people for reasons. I love them for no reason at all, or when I have reasons to not. That doesn't have to be sexual love either, that's lust. Now, it happens I love, like and lust after my old lady, so that's nice. I love my brothers. I love a lot of friends, male and female, and for not one of them can I tell you a "why".

If there's a "why" it's like. Like is good too. I like this guy because x. I like that woman because z. But it's not the same. I can love you and dislike you temporarily, or disapprove of some facet of your life. That happens a LOT between me and my brothers, for instance.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

(Not talking about loving your "body" , or your "beliefs/preference", but just showing a sense of affection/care/compassion for one's self...

Is being selfish and conceited harmful or good to ones spirit? Im trying to discern where the line is between affection/care/compassion for one's self and where those feelings become negative.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Probably the line is drawn when you treat without compassion. Even if you are staying focused on your self and your compassion/affection for yourself, that doesn't mean that others in your surroundings should be treated without it.

In other words....

to stay focused with compassion for oneself while at the same time having compassion for all that may be in your presence.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Do you consider it a difficult juggling act, being loving to self and compassionate to other? How well is practiced in reality? I generally see people focused on self lacking compassion. Mabey there are exceptions and you are on of the exceptions.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Look at yourself as if it were someone else and have compassion for that person. But ultimately you are not this "self" which is a particular temporary form. When you stop identifying with the form, the true self underneath that doesn't have any form starts to shine through. This doesn't mean though that on the level of form you don't look after and take care of the various forms that exist at this moment.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

I think it depends on how rigid the barrier between self and other is. If its very rigid then helping the other takes away from the time and energy and possessions of the self. If the sense of separation is not so rigid then helping the other really does seem just like helping the self because they are not really separate.

Now on the level of form there is obviously separation between "you" and the "other" but as you stop identifying with the form of "you" and the form of the "other" you start to see through the different forms and feel the one substance underlying them. So the FEELING of separation, the line between "you" and the "other" starts to fade.
edit on 19-12-2012 by emeris because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
here is my thought about love. each of us trying to define love for everybody, but at the end of the day love is something unique to each of us. no matter what we have our own ways of loving someone. since you have mentioned about unconditional love take a look at this article, it may interest you

www.worldtransformation.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join