Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Love vs unconditional love.

page: 1
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
One is real, the other is not. Allow me to explain.

Love requires reason. It requires analytical judgement of whether or not the object of love is loveable.

Unconditional love comes from a place in your being that precedes analytical thought processes. It requires no reason.

The self is that which is never what you define it as. It is not the subjective part of your reality because it is there before the subjective mechanisms have processed your experience. Unconditional love of all comes directly from the self and is unadulterated. Conditional love isn't love at all because it is felt after the subjective processing has taken place and the totality of the experience is diluted into an idealistic lust.

For truth seekers, unconditional love is the way to go because you can keep that as part of your experience and not have it faded by any false ideals or false beliefs.

Truth is always what is there prior to conceptualization, labeling, and judgement.




posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Love is a feeling. You can't force yourself to feel and emotion for everything, it is either there or not. Or if you do change your perspective, that doesn't mean that the underlying feeling will change.

The only thing that we can "DO" is action. To feel an emotion is not something that can be done, either the emotion arises or not.

We can allow things to happen,
We can take actions to help others,

but forcing an emotion is unnatural.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


To Me, Love is a melting place. Where all hardness dissolves, ceasing to block a positive flow of energy.

Maybe a bit simplistic. But it's my philosophy on Love and growth.....

Des



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I like your logic.

I wonder if unrequited love is already a part of us. Could it be a perons destiny to meet a person that they love? And that person does not have to do anything for you to love them? That would explain a girl I know.



posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme
 


Love may be an emotion, but it is one that is felt when there is acceptance. When judgement doesn't precede observation, that is love. Love isn't a means. It is a result. Truth is the means.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Love, to me, is more than romantic. It is what allows you to see the fullness of the world you see. It accents details. When you love all, you are comfortable with looking at it all. Fearless.

Of course, that is not to say that fear is bad or love is good. But once you realize that what is is what is and shouldn't be any other way, that is love. It's not about good or bad, it's about awareness.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
One is real, the other is not. Allow me to explain.

Love requires reason. It requires analytical judgement of whether or not the object of love is loveable.

Unconditional love comes from a place in your being that precedes analytical thought processes. It requires no reason.

The self is that which is never what you define it as. It is not the subjective part of your reality because it is there before the subjective mechanisms have processed your experience. Unconditional love of all comes directly from the self and is unadulterated. Conditional love isn't love at all because it is felt after the subjective processing has taken place and the totality of the experience is diluted into an idealistic lust.

For truth seekers, unconditional love is the way to go because you can keep that as part of your experience and not have it faded by any false ideals or false beliefs.

Truth is always what is there prior to conceptualization, labeling, and judgement.


Good post OP I agree with what you say, but I must ask:

Since you are conceptualizing unconditional love as 'that which is never what you define it as,' shouldn't we apply that outlook to your own definition you offer in the next sentence?



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


Love is felt when there is an acceptance, and embracing of what is. But if that is the case who is this "I" that is accepting things the way it is? Who is this "I" that accept my emotions, thoughts, and actions?

"I" is more like the silence behind it all - the silence from which all emotions, thoughts, forms, and actions arises.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
As human's our feelings and emotions are open to change and are fickle at best. Personally I feel that real love isn't just a "feeling" but is an act of our will....one that dictates that we don't rely on just emotions.

As for unconditional love.....I don't believe as human's it is something we are capable of.....not in the very real sense of the word anyway.....



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 





Love requires reason.


This is not the case. Love is a spirit. It touches my physical.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSubversiveOne
 


I didn't say love as that which is never what you define it as, I said the self.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


I think of it this way. Conditional love is local love. Love for your local tribe, your family, your friends, your ideals, your heroes, your values.

Unconditional love is non-local love. Undifferentiated love. Not limited to things that love you back, to things that give you pleasure, to people that stroke your ego. Spirituality is the process of going from a mere local love to non-local love.

edit on 14-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by smithjustinb
 





Love requires reason.


This is not the case. Love is a spirit. It touches my physical.


I mean who doesn't like coming home from working all day, turning on some soothing music, and letting love touch their physical?



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I apologize for writing this thread. I'm full of crap. This is one of those threads people right where they can't see past their mistakes and make things up to defend their statements.

Don't worry about love. Love isn't the end all be all of existence like I sometimes prefer to believe. The self is what is real. Learn about what the self can teach you. It teaches me the value of hate and fear and love. It is all a fun ride if we don't get attached to ideals.

The one who watches doesn't care about what happens. Therefore, the watcher is free.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I totally agree with you, but one is love and the other is not...

I believe there is only one love, and it is unconditional... everything else is like in my humble opinion. I think many people don't understand the meaning of the word love. They pimp it out and bastardize it until it is something barely recognizable to what it once was. They throw the word around and use it so often, that it's meaning is hollow now.

Society got into trouble when people started loving things and liking people. It should be the other way around.

Love (the real thing) is beautiful and (YES) Magical, anything else is a pale imitation that should be labeled "infatuation", "control", "like", or "lust".

Love helps you grow and get stronger.. it helps you become a better YOU.

I found love, and give thanks every day that I did



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 






I mean who doesn't like coming home from working all day, turning on some soothing music, and letting love touch their physical?


I think you have misinterpreted what i said completely. I am not dissapointed however because i should of expected such as answer.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by smithjustinb
 






I mean who doesn't like coming home from working all day, turning on some soothing music, and letting love touch their physical?


I think you have misinterpreted what i said completely. I am not dissapointed however because i should of expected such as answer.


What are you trying to say? Lol.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


There is a lowest denominator do you want me to tell you what yours is? I dont think its necessary for me to tell you what you already know.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage
 


No, I want to hear what you have to say.



posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb
 


You have a twin personality. One lives by conditional love and the other an unconditional love. There is some conflict between these two personalities and it is a manifesto of you writing style in blogs. In reality love to you is another devices of deception, subterfuge and whether this is right or wrong you feel justified to use it this way to combat any thing you consider evil. There is a risk with this approach which you are aware of and that you can easily become seduced by the devil, and then become the devil. Though at the end of the day i dont think this will worry you as i think silently you have already resigned yourself to this happening or happened.






top topics



 
4
<<   2 >>

log in

join