It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bend over, US

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
The sustaincampaign's message of anti- Semetism is cleverly disguised as anti-Zionism. For me at least I can see through it. They continue to see the "palestinian" conflict as a humanitarian disaster when actually the PLO is at war with Israel and millions of "palestinans" support the war and thousands have died for it.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Subtle hint by verfed there. Not surprising. Let me ask you something verfed, are you a Semite?

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
No not at all. I am Jewish although I do not practice any religion.

JB

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
OK, what I was driving at with the original question, why does the US still support Israel at the level it does? Someone mentioned france earlier in the discussion and all they have done is refuse to join in a war. For this they are no longer considered allies of the US, whereas Israel has attacked a US ship and had a considerable spy ring inside the US govt.

edit: nice link, just_a_pilot, explains some of the 'dirty work' Israel does.

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Chris McGee]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. Israel shares Americas values and morals. Israel is a target for the radicals just like America. America has a sizeable Jewish population in America aso.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Verfed, if israel is a democracy, then how is it a jewish state? if Judism is a religon, then what you have is a theocracy.

Id like to know, how is israel a friend after the attack on the USS Liberty?

www.washington-report.org...

And what about 9/11?

www.whatreallyhappened.com...

On the day of the 9-11 attacks, former Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu was asked what the attack would mean for US-Israeli relations. His quick reply was: "It's very good��.Well, it's not good, but it will generate immediate sympathy (for Israel)"

Yup. Friends indeed.

With "friends" like israel, why are we so worried about enemies like bin laden?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Israel is a better friend to the US then Syria or Jordan. I do applaude you for not hiding your anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish feelings. You layed them right out and I can at least be glad your not lying. Unless you are just secretly afraid of the Jews and are hiding it by pretending to hate them.

Also it is quite insane to think that I can have an honest debate with someone who thinks the Jews knocked down the towers. You probably think Holocaust didn't happen either.

[edit on 10/25/2004 by verfed]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
Israel is a better friend to the US then Syria or Jordan. I do applaude you for not hiding your anti-Israeli or anti-Jewish feelings. You layed them right out and I can at least be glad your not lying. Unless you are just secretly afraid of the Jews and are hiding it by pretending to hate them.

Also it is quite insane to think that I can have an honest debate with someone who thinks the Jews knocked down the towers. You probably think Holocaust didn't happen either.

[edit on 10/25/2004 by verfed]

NOW THATS RICH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And SOOOOOOOOOOO typical. The typical fascist response: If you have a problem with israels policies and actions, its not because their govornment and IDF behave like the Gestapo, nor is it because of their shifty Mossad and underhanded tactics and manipulations, not to mention questioable ties to 9/11 and sucking America into the Middle east to fight your enemies, no..............

Its because I must hate Jews! of course!

Try some sort of smear tactic that i havent come across, would ya?

And for your info, America actually had pretty good relations with Arab nations before we ended up as israel's blind and worshipful buddy.

Now, please answer my above examples. What do YOU have to say about the USS Liberty?

And what about those 5 nice israeli buddies cheering and high fiving one another as 3000 Americans burned to death in the WTC?

And what the hell does winning land in a war from Egypt and Jordan have to do with the way Palestinians are treated today, hmmmmm?

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Sorry dude you hate the Jews. You can't mask it. End of debate.........

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And you hate gentiles. especially muslim or Arab ones. End of debate.

And im not a dude.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The Arab nations were backed by the USSR historically....

Like when the Soviet Union invaded Afghanistan? Hell, Bin Laden went to the Saudi Royal family and thanked them for getting America's help in the fight against the Soviet Union.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Slayer]

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
In general, outside of humanitarian and other noble concerns, the US sides with Israel on most issues because, and this is my opinion or the way I see it, they serve as a usefull geo-strategic base for controlling that part of the world. i don't mean Dr. Evil 'I control the world, mu hahahahahaha' type stuff, but just regular old geopolitics. However, it looks like Israel, with its mediteranean coast control and access to the region, hasn't been particularly useful.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Verfed, many people have posted on this thread in order to pacify your radical israeli thoughts, not facts. If someone doesnt agree that the jews are the innocent angels of the middle east, then it doesnt mean that they hate jews. I don't like the muslim extremist, it doesnt mean that I hate every muslim. Everyone deserves to be critized regardless of there religion or nationality. Just accept it and pose a better argument than 'I cant talk to you because you hate jews'.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The way Skadi the Evil Elf writes her posts makes me think that to her Israelis are the dirt on the bottom of her shoe. That is the conception I get form reading her posts.

". . . You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth.

"Why is this? You know that Zionism is nothing less than the dream and ideal of the Jewish people returning to live in their own land. The Jewish people, the Scriptures tell us, once enjoyed a flourishing Commonwealth in the Holy Land. From this they were expelled by the Roman tyrant, the same Romans who cruelly murdered Our Lord. Driven from their homeland, their nation in ashes, forced to wander the globe, the Jewish people time and again suffered the lash of whichever tyrant happened to rule over them.

"And what is anti-Zionist? It is the denial to the Jewish people of a fundamental right that we justly claim for the people of Africa and freely accord all other nations of the Globe. It is discrimination against Jews, my friend, because they are Jews. In short, it is antisemitism.

The above quotes came from the lips of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Your anti-Zionism views are anti-Semetism. You cannot hide it!

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by Chris McGee

If these two countries were in prison together I think we all know how the relationship would go. Just one question, why?

[edit on 23-10-2004 by Chris McGee]

Please if these countries were people in prison the US would be the 350lb guy named bubba and Israel would be the 150lb soaking wet new guy.

Bubba might protect the new guy but only because he is his #%^$%.

[edit on 24-10-2004 by ShadowXIX]

It's true!

The fact is we support Isreal because of a few reasons. Politically, Jews have a lot of political and financial (who would have guessed
) power. Isreal was mandated by the UN, and we supported it. Isreal also is an ally in our war on terror.

However, though we may support them, I think that Isreal needs a swift kick in the ass the next time we catch them spying on us. They gave away secrets to Russia and China. The next time they do this, I believe we should cut their support money in half. The next time, we stop all aid.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Long live Mossad! What secrets could the Israelis sell to the Chinese that William Clinton already didn't sell them?

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Isreal was mandated by the UN, and we supported it. Isreal also is an ally in our war on terror.

I never thought you were a fan of the UN, but just for the record, Israel violated many of the UN's resolutions, so the point is kinda moot.

As for the second point you are making here... Netanyahu (spelling?) said after the 9/11 that the attacks were good, because the US will now better see the Israel's perspective on terror. He quickly corrected himself. But the thing remains -- Israel creates way, way more problems for the US then it's ever capable to help US in solving.

The US should only support Israel on the condition that it complies with the UN borders, otherwise there is nothing legitimate about this state.

And by the way, I don't think that Palestinians are some sort of angels. They are a vicious enemy. That alone does not justify the occupation though.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita

And by the way, I don't think that Palestinians are some sort of angels. They are a vicious enemy. That alone does not justify the occupation though.

unfortunately according to UN mandate it is decidedly ambigious.

Isreal may occupy the territory while it is threatened by surrounding nations.. however it has no right to claim the land for itself.

While palestinians attack Isreal, there is an arguable cause for west bank and gaza occupation. Whether or not this is the right way to approach the problem is another matter.

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Israel is not occupying "palestinian" land! Israel conquered that territory in 1967 in a war with Egypt, Jordan, Syria, and Lebenon. If anything Israel is occupying Jordanian and Egyptian territory. The "palestinians" were a people created by Arafat after the Six Day War with the goal of creating a "palestinian" state in place of Israel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join