It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China asks army to be ready for regional war

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by NotAnAspie

A U.S./Chinese War is extremely unlikely. What is a concern is the Chinese Communist Leaderships drive to maintain control and power over an ever increasing Western Styled Economy and General Populous.

The Communist Regime drastically miscalculated when it financed the U.S. Debt as for some reason they felt this debt would allow them to influence U.S. Policy. In reality it only weakened the Chinese Strategic Position.

In the event that China would start a war or invade a U.S. Ally...the U.S. would simply stop all payments of this debt as well as use the U.S. Military to block all shipments in and out of China. Since China has no ability of Force Projection as well as being Multiple Decades behind U.S. Military Power...there is very little China could do.

The U.S. however could bring the Chinese Economy to it's Knees in a matter of a week without ever firing a shot.

Split INfinity

Ok, you two aren't getting this and it's pissing me off.

STOP talking to me and quoting me as if you are trying to convince me that China is not going to start a war with America because I never said that and this is not what I think is going on here.

I partially agree with some of this.... except the part about them buying debt.

Our debt only got worse and instead of learning this lesson you are referring to, they just continue to buy more and more debt.

Yep, looks like you might be wrong on that point and that they actually do have other plans with that trend of theirs.

And NO... I did NOT SAY INVASION.

You gotta keep an eye on some brains.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

You speak as if I was talking to you. Pretty full of yourself are you not. I did not even think of your name when I posted what I did. Get a grip. The World does not revolve around you.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotAnAspie

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

I'm not really sure why you two are trying to make what we were talking about here (the Islands) about a Chinese invasion but seeing as how there are already multiple threads about this... it really does make you sound freaking paranoid.

I have no idea why BOTH of you went from us discussing their motives with the Islands, automatically to a Chinese lead invasion.

That is the thread title. This thread has nothing to do with Islands. I have no idea why you are clueless a Chinese invasion is being discussed in a thread titled 'China asks army to be ready for regional war'.

Then again you have been clueless about everything you have posted, so no surprise.

Not if you're quoting me. Don't you understand anything?

Why are you quoting ME when saying this? Do I have to explain everything to you?

You're right, you clearly never talked about China's military.

Opting for an invasion of Japan rather than trying to claim Taiwan which has already essentially been handed back to them under the table.... is no indication of lightening their stance.

As for the military display, playing humble is a favorable card for China in both military and space technology

Nope, not once did you talk about an invasion.

Why can't you figure simple stuff like this out?

Back atcha. Now like the last topic, I am done talking to you about this one as well. When you can have an intelligent debate and not resort to attempted character attacks while all the while showing your ignorance instead let me know.
edit on 24-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

You speak as if I was talking to you. Pretty full of yourself are you not. I did not even think of your name when I posted what I did. Get a grip. The World does not revolve around you.

Split Infinity

Then maybe you shouldn't have replied to me specifically.

Genius.

It hurts when you realize how ahead of yourself you just got, doesn't it?

I do NOT think America and China will fight but I DO think they are getting prepared for more than just a territorial conflict. I DO think if trouble was made over there right now, that it WOULD involve old world western interests... because the pattern has been laid before us. We have to be careful not to operate on past fears that lead us to conflicts over TYPE of government... supposedly.

Many of us right now are afraid of falling to communism and are doing everything they can to reassure themselves that changes in the economy are not taking place. Well, they are.... but that is not to be feared as much as war, so I say get over it. People need to quit talking about how much the US would stomp China. I seriously don't think they would because we had the best in Viet Nam and still just screwed everything up. We put in a puppet leader, people didn't like him, so then we off his ass so we can put in another and the whole world knows this now.

I don't give a crap what we have, we still don't make the best choices and so think people really do need to quit bragging. There's nothing here to brag about.

People need to WATCH it though.... People really don't know what's going on. Nobody does because it could change in the blink of an eye. You never know when politics will take a turn and everybody's eating their words... so I think people need to knock it off.

What do I get in response, people telling ME that a war between China and America is unlikely because China will get stomped? Real mature.

If that's what you think... whatever but you need to quit replying directly to me if you're not talking to me because I'm not the one all paranoid about it.

YES I think war could break out in the world on a large scale.
YES I think ww3 was foreseen and prepared for long ago. I'm certainly not the only one who thinks that.

Do I think it's going to go down like this.... I highly doubt it but still believe they are preparing for something big.

And if anyone starts talking about how weak China is and how great the US might is.... be prepared to catch hell from me with the alternative view.

Yeah, we got toys. That doesn't make us EFFECTIVE.

THAT'S ANOTHER ARGUMENT.
edit on 24-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

You are too funny. As I said...I was not even thinking of your name when I posted and for you to get so upset as if I was personally attacking you is laughable.

What is even more laughable is your obvious lack of understanding of how the Chinese Communist Party Leadership thinks. When that Chinese Admiral made a statement to the World Press which detailed how far behind China was Militarily to the U.S....the Communist Party Leadership almost had him arrested.

China is not a threat to the United States but it is a threat to other countries in the South East Asia Region. After the U.S. War Game demonstration the Chinese Military had to use every and all means to force the Communist Leadership into accepting the cold hard facts. Those facts being that China has ZERO chance Militarily of winning any Military Action that involves the United States.

Everything after that point is just the Communist Party barking up a tree.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I'm not really sure why you two are trying to make what we were talking about here (the Islands) about a Chinese invasion but seeing as how there are already multiple threads about this... it really does make you sound freaking paranoid.

I have no idea why BOTH of you went from us discussing their motives with the Islands, automatically to a Chinese lead invasion.

That is the thread title. This thread has nothing to do with Islands. I have no idea why you are clueless a Chinese invasion is being discussed in a thread titled 'China asks army to be ready for regional war'.

Then again you have been clueless about everything you have posted, so no surprise.

Not if you're quoting me. Don't you understand anything?

Why are you quoting ME when saying this? Do I have to explain everything to you?

You're right, you clearly never talked about China's military.

Opting for an invasion of Japan rather than trying to claim Taiwan which has already essentially been handed back to them under the table.... is no indication of lightening their stance.

As for the military display, playing humble is a favorable card for China in both military and space technology

Nope, not once did you talk about an invasion.

Why can't you figure simple stuff like this out?

Back atcha. Now like the last topic, I am done talking to you about this one as well. When you can have an intelligent debate and not resort to attempted character attacks while all the while showing your ignorance instead let me know.
edit on 24-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

yeah, put your cute little notches on your chalk board if that's what holds your world together because you should be embarrassed. Why would you think I would consider this "good material" from you when it's really just embarrassing.

We WERE talking about the conflict over the Islands between China and Japan. YEP... that's right.

And NOT an invasion of the US

WOOOOO HOOOO YAAAAYYYY *applauds*

You actually got it this time.

Oh, I KNOW I KNOW... This will automatically lead to US backed defense.

You're so predictable.

No, it won't.... and that is IF china invaded Japan, which again... I still highly doubt because I think it's concerned about territorial security and that's it's reasons for doing this.

I think China is doing well to state it's stance in light of fears of certain political stances but at the same testing it's waters and testing true loyalty and showing that it will take a combative stance if it has to.

That has NOTHING to do with the idea that China is going to invade the US. Has it ever crossed my mind... sure, with all the stuff going on these days and our own political transitions but i think they are more likely to just buy us up because of how the market is set up.

People get paranoid about these transitions and they start spouting a bunch of anti-communist rap and how weak china is.

These people are obsessed with keeping their blinders on tight... and I personally love reminding them of all the US war time failures. this makes people mad but they should have really seen it coming and should still keep their head and remember that our soldiers are not ten foot tall. So then they go on this antiChina proof hunt and this is the result.

NUH HUHHH!!

CHINERS NOT GUNNA ATTACK AMERICUH!!!!

That's how I envision people talking who are that obsessed with hacking on China because that is how they seem in their posts. Scared and obsessed.

It's embarrassing to be American sometimes.

edit on 24-12-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It's impossible to have any rational debate with him. He posts a wall of text without ever proving a single point. He tries to do with sheer volume of words what he can not do with clear concise statements, because his logic is faulty at every turn. I have learned to ignore him.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   

My Goodness! You are a testy little guy are you not?

You need to realize that this is just a debate. You are getting too worked up over your position as if it was life or death...it is neither.

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

You are too funny. As I said...I was not even thinking of your name when I posted and for you to get so upset as if I was personally attacking you is laughable.

What is even more laughable is your obvious lack of understanding of how the Chinese Communist Party Leadership thinks. When that Chinese Admiral made a statement to the World Press which detailed how far behind China was Militarily to the U.S....the Communist Party Leadership almost had him arrested.

China is not a threat to the United States but it is a threat to other countries in the South East Asia Region. After the U.S. War Game demonstration the Chinese Military had to use every and all means to force the Communist Leadership into accepting the cold hard facts. Those facts being that China has ZERO chance Militarily of winning any Military Action that involves the United States.

Everything after that point is just the Communist Party barking up a tree.

Split Infinity

If they almost had him arrested for disclosing this, then what makes you think he's actually credible?

Still smells funny.

Only an idiot would think China would leave themselves bare. It's not like they are strapped for resources. This argument is actually very naive and silly. You keep depending on political suggestiveness that is seldom as it seems and keeping thinking *I'm* the one with no common sense.

And the last time MAN.... Don't quote me or reply to my posts if you are not talking to me.

Is it SO MUCH TO ASK that you NOT try to be deliberately confusing when using a message board?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I would love to know what drives him to such desperate outbursts over a simple debate. Oh well...some people you just can't reach...so that's what we got here...he want's it...so he get's it. I don't like it anymore than you do.

LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

My Goodness! You are a testy little guy are you not?

You need to realize that this is just a debate. You are getting too worked up over your position as if it was life or death...it is neither.

Split Infinity

What in the world are you talking about now?

because I used caps when saying

NUHHH HUHHH

CHINERS NOT GUNNA ATTACK AMERICUH!!!!

You think I said that in anger?

YOU DO, don't you?

You're one of "those people"

I thought something was weird about your posts.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   

reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I would love to know what drives him to such desperate outbursts over a simple debate. Oh well...some people you just can't reach...so that's what we got here...he want's it...so he get's it. I don't like it anymore than you do.

LOL!

Split Infinity

Again... what outburst?

Apparantly you do not understand my deep repressed need to make fun of certain people and are also not an "it getter"

Your problem, not mine.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I've noticed quite a lot of anti-Chinese replies here. Worryingly, a few have been along the lines of "screw China, i'm sick of them, USA will crush them, how dare they" etc etc...

These islands have belonged to China for hundreds and hundreds of years and they have proved this. Japan took them during the war, by force. Japan has claimed they belonged to no one but China provided evidence against this. Japan's response has been "lol that doesn't meet our definition of owning an island". I don't care if Japan stole them during a war and USA decided to get involved and say they were owned by Japan - the fact is they have always been and still should be Chinese.

They are off the cost of China/Taiwan, with historical documentation dating back 700 years of China's use and ownership of the island. Japan takes them 100 years ago in a war. Explain how you can be against China in this issue?

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

LOL! WOW! You are really something! LOL!

OC is right...you really can't put together any conversation that makes sense or has any worth. I still have no idea why you are attempting to argue issues that have nothing to do with this topic.

I did read that you seem to want to make fun of my posts. Well...Good Luck with THAT! LOL! Unlike yourself I actually have a point to my posts and you will have to actually have some knowledge to be able to debate those issues with me.

Of course you can do what OC has described your replies as...being a wall of typed nonsense. I will agree you are good at that. It is unfortunate that you cannot just agree or disagree. But then again that just would not be YOU! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aveoamacus
I've noticed quite a lot of anti-Chinese replies here. Worryingly, a few have been along the lines of "screw China, i'm sick of them, USA will crush them, how dare they" etc etc...

These islands have belonged to China for hundreds and hundreds of years and they have proved this. Japan took them during the war, by force. Japan has claimed they belonged to no one but China provided evidence against this. Japan's response has been "lol that doesn't meet our definition of owning an island". I don't care if Japan stole them during a war and USA decided to get involved and say they were owned by Japan - the fact is they have always been and still should be Chinese.

They are off the cost of China/Taiwan, with historical documentation dating back 700 years of China's use and ownership of the island. Japan takes them 100 years ago in a war. Explain how you can be against China in this issue?

Your post is mostly true except Japan didn't take them in the First Sino-Japanese War. They took them in secret during the war but the islands were not mentioned in the Treaty of Maguan.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Whether China "owned" them 700 years ago is meaningless. They gave up any and all claims in the 1800's. That was the price for ending the war. The US did not decide to get involved, they were Japanese islands since 1895, the US did not get involved for 50 years. Again, historical documentation is meaningless as in the 1800's China ceded those claims, which means they no longer exist.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Whether China "owned" them 700 years ago is meaningless. They gave up any and all claims in the 1800's. That was the price for ending the war. The US did not decide to get involved, they were Japanese islands since 1895, the US did not get involved for 50 years. Again, historical documentation is meaningless as in the 1800's China ceded those claims, which means they no longer exist.

China never gave up the claims. The Japanese took the islands without asking anyone, issuing a declaration, mentioning in the Treaty of Maguan or anything of the sorts. In any case, it's stolen from China, and should therefore be returned per the clause right after the one about the First World War in the Cairo Declaration.

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by diqiushiwojia

We already addressed the Cairo Declaration. We are just going in circles here. They are not mentioned, and are pre 1900's. They were Terra Nullius. The only reason the Japanese did not incoorporate them sooner than 1895 was because they did not want to spart a war. You will not find them stating they were Chinese. They say they are NEAR the border. NEAR the border necessitates outside the border.

ETA: In 1953 China recognized Senkaku islands as being owned by Japan. OFFICIAL Chinese maps created after WWII list the Senkaku islands as Japanese territory. This was the case until AFTER it was found to be resource rich, then China said oh wait that's ours, my mistake.
edit on 27-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Whether China "owned" them 700 years ago is meaningless. They gave up any and all claims in the 1800's. That was the price for ending the war.

Not meaningless, this is exactly the point. They belonged to China and they were taken during the war. It doesn't matter if there is oil or not. Had it not happened, they would still belong to China. USA enforcing that they belonged to Japan obviously did not help. China has essentially been bullied out of those islands and you are for some reason trying to justify it. Just because they gave in to pressure and violence doesn't make it right. That's like saying any country taken over by the Nazi's during the war still belongs to them because the people gave up their right to the country at the time.

China bowing to pressure all these years is perfectly understandable, as is standing up and taking them back once they are strong enough. There is no debate here. Japan has no claim or right to these islands. I really hope China reclaims them, but it's messed up how they are being portrayed as the bad guys for this

posted on Dec, 27 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Since Japan did not have a national military force due to the Articles 7 of the Japanese Constitution in 1947, only the U.S. is bound by the treaty to protect them from threats such as North Korea and China.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join