It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vast New Spying Program Was Started in Secret on a Bogus Pretext

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
You see spying on every single citizen for no reason is not enough. Now they allow foreign governments to spy on every single citizen for no reason.

What is happening to our country? Do we even have a country any more?

I think we lost the war that no one wants to talk about. Our government has been taken over. I remember when the US passport actually meant something, I was proud to show it when I went on a holiday. Today holding a US passport means that you are a potential terrorist until you prove that you're not.

Why do I feel betrayed...

ACLU

The changes also allow databases of U.S. civilian information to be given to foreign governments for analysis of their own. In effect, U.S. and foreign governments would be using the information to look for clues that people might commit future crimes.

U.S. Terror Agency To Tap Citizen Files

Once the terms are set, Homeland Security is likely to post a notice in the Federal Register. The public can submit comments to the Federal Register about proposed changes, although Homeland Security isn't required to make changes based on the comments.

What would be the point to comment if they will ignore it?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I'd first started to read this and thought it just sounded like Echelon redux until I got to this part of your ACLU link.

In effect, the U.S. government is using information it gathers for its ordinary business to turn its own citizens into the subjects of terrorism investigations.

Meanwhile, all of this is supposed to be against the law. The Privacy Act of 1974 says that information collected by the federal government for one purpose is not supposed to be used for another. However, agencies are attempting to circumvent these rules by publishing boilerplate notices in the Federal Register. Sadly, that practice has become far too common.

Now that part IS new. I don't like this much at all..... So much for that whole presumption of innocence thing. I did a lengthy post on another thread on how East Germany did this with less technology at the time. The Western World rightly saw it as security run amok and bordering on Evil at the time. Now? We're doing the SAME THING with electronic versions....

Library Of Jars

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, lets see what the have done so far...

Spy drones over America.

A camera on every stop light.

Monitoring of all electronic media including facial recognition.

Backdooring businesses for private information.

Looking at private medical records.

Using a roadside sniffer to examine the contents of your vehicle.

I could go on....But it's kind of depressing.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
Well, lets see what the have done so far...

Spy drones over America.

A camera on every stop light.

Monitoring of all electronic media including facial recognition.

Backdooring businesses for private information.

Looking at private medical records.

Using a roadside sniffer to examine the contents of your vehicle.

I could go on....But it's kind of depressing.

Even more depressing when you think about what can other governments do with all that information.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
TORAL INFORMATION AWARENESS is alive and well in Amerika....
They were supposed to stop this practice, but the fusion centers and trapwire and echelon are going strong with survielance cameras multiplyinhg like rats...
All this is gonna be hooked up to ONE DATA BASE.....everything about you and everyone else will be stored in UTAH......

new topics

top topics

join