It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After Earth & Oblivion - Is Hollywood trying to say something ?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This isnt my usual thing to post, but I was very intrigued at these two trailers. In the coming of 2013 there will be two highly invested films coming out - 'After Earth', featuring Will Smith (a big face in Hollywood).. and 'Oblivion', featuring Tom Cruise (a huge face in Hollywood).

Both films have some simularities; they both have to do with previous destruction of Earth, when more advanced humans come back to the planet only to find its been taken over or 'evolved' by people or things with negative aspects and intention. Both relating to trouble for human kind.

Here is Will Smith's newest edition 'After Earth'. Seems like an alright film, but you will see there was a lot of time and thought put into the idea and making of this film.

annd.. Mr. Cruise with his new epic film 'Oblivion'.

Many of us on AtS know that Hollywood isnt a random business; the elites run it, they put the money into it.. they also leave MUCH subliminal messaging. Could they be saying something to us here? In the past couple years there has been ALOT of money and effort put into movies of Earth being destroyed, alien invasions etc.. and here there is the same thing.

- Skyline
- Battle of LA
- Avengers
- Distract 9
- Alien vs Predator
- Battleship
- Cloverfield
- Prometheus
- Transformers
- John Carter (loved it btw)

Just to name several..If you put all the money and time put into these recent films.. its in the hundreds of millions of dollars.. Why so many films relating to eachother? Now we have more..

Just a hunch, maybe those billionaires know something we dont, and make a story in motion to entertain the sheep. Could there be a subliminal message with all this Earth 'take over' stuff? Or is it just to entertain the sleepy sheepy?

Honestly would like to see both films, the Will Smith one didnt blow my mind.. but Oblivion deffinately caught my attention.. maybe I'll take a nap with the sheeep

Any thoughts ?

*edit* - Mods I didnt know where to put this.. just wanted to make sure it got some attention, move it where you feel necessary
edit on 13-12-2012 by LoveisanArt because: eta

edit on 13-12-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I am not sure what Hollywood is saying here, but both Tom Cruise and Will Smith have ties to scientology. I know they are a little goofy.
Watch for any galactic world overlord references. All hail Xenu.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Mnemicrsl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by LoveisanArt

I mean no disrespect and I follow what you are saying, but I think Hollywood knows how to strike a nerve and sell tickets. They depend on people like us who are willing to pay and try to pick out the meanings of small parts of their movies.
Or at least I hope so because this is not anything I want to see in my future.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I guess I don't put as much stock in Hollywood as you do. Tom Cruise is a total nut job so anything he says or does means next to nothing to me. I like Will Smith, but he is no idiot, he is going to do what makes money. I doubt it has to do with anything other than making money on the fears of the masses.... they are just good salesmen.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Is Hollywood trying to say somthing ?

Yes,

Give us more money.

That's all.

Hollywood has made money hand over fist by using our fears as humans against us in entertainment. Most notably sci-fi. This has been done every since they were able to make special effects back in the 20's.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The public is going ga ga over 2012 and Dec 21. Hollywood just reacts like they always react. First, they give people what they want. Second, they give it a day late, a dollar short and in duplicate no one really wanted that way.

Deep Impact and Armageddon are another pair of examples. I'd have loved those in very different times to release...but of course not. If one move is good, 2 or 6 or 10 must be better.

Thats all I think we're seeing. If it bleeds, it leads. That's the saying that drives news in the modern world. Just feed that concept steroids, and we have the picture for Hollywood IMO. When it isn't aliens or morphed humans killing the whole planet? It's the Chinese invading the nation in Red Dawn.

One would think America has an inferiority complex to beat hell if they went just by our movies.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Is Hollywood trying to say somthing ?

Yes,

Give us more money.

That's all.

Hollywood has made money hand over fist by using our fears as humans against us in entertainment. Most notably sci-fi. This has been done every since they were able to make special effects back in the 20's.

~Tenth

Hollywood doesnt make money, it IS the money in the "entertainment" world..

Are you excusing all the subliminal messaging in movies in the past couple decades, saying its just fear based? to make moeny?

9/11 was sublimanally put into MANY films before its event in 2001. My point here, is this the same case? Destruction of Earth. . those with the moeny and high-tech that we do not see (wonder why billions and billions of $$ goes to military/space projects) destroying earth and coming back when all is settled down (could even be a WW3 sublimanal?).

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa
I guess I don't put as much stock in Hollywood as you do. Tom Cruise is a total nut job so anything he says or does means next to nothing to me. I like Will Smith, but he is no idiot, he is going to do what makes money. I doubt it has to do with anything other than making money on the fears of the masses.... they are just good salesmen.

I dont put anything into hollywood lol.. its pretty nuts what a simple click of the mouse can do when surfing the web

This is not about you either, I dont know where the ignorance is coming from? You didnt have to reply or watch the trailers

But money and fear seem to be the common answer among you guys.. if someone brought the 9/11 subliminal up to topic prior to it happening; you would probably of knocked it off as fear + money too then?

edit on 13-12-2012 by LoveisanArt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

As conspiracy theorists.. you guys are excusing the FACT that the same people who run Holywood, run banks, auto industry, oil industry.. high people with big connection.. many here refer to them as elite bloodlines who run this "show" on Earth via money.

Those running Hollywood, dont need to make money because they have it all anyways. Hollywood is about messing with the spirit and mind of the followers, has nothing to do with money.. money is just the 'Boa constrictor', sucking life away from people. It has nothing to do with Hollywood or subliminal messaging lol.

If you have all the money you can fathom, do you think your purpose would be to makke more money or gain power and control over peoples minds because nothing is left to do?

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
reply to post by 1MrMarc

As conspiracy theorists.. you guys are excusing the FACT that the same people who run Holywood, run banks, auto industry, oil industry.. high people with big connection.. many here refer to them as elite bloodlines who run this "show" on Earth via money.

Those running Hollywood, dont need to make money because they have it all anyways. Hollywood is about messing with the spirit and mind of the followers, has nothing to do with money.. money is just the 'Boa constrictor', sucking life away from people. It has nothing to do with Hollywood or subliminal mesusaging lol.

If you have all the money you can fathom, do you think your purpose would be to makke more money or gain power and control over peoples minds because nothing is left to do?

I get it now, I'm still learning. Thanks for your perspective it makes me think more.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
If you put all the money and time put into these recent films.. its in the hundreds of millions of dollars.. Why so many films relating to eachother? Now we have more..

The reason why we have so many films similar to one another is probably related to one of the following ways:

a) The end of the world is the main theme, started with 2012 Movie, but each movie has it's own twist on the story
b) The end of the world theme stirs a lot of drama and emotional thinking in the audience
c) The writers of the scripts of these movies can't think of anything else better than the destruction of earth

d) And finally.....these movies are using more CGI effects to bring about the idea of future advances in technology (by either alien or human race) and their cause on the destruction of earth. As humans become more evolved, they use, consume, and destroy natural resources to get to become a Type 1 planet

Speaking of Type 1 planet, it reminds me of this video by Michio Kaku that describes transitional changes between a Type 0 planet (ie. Earth at the present) and a Type 1 planet (ie. where Earth is going into).

I believe these many listed movies are trying to show us what a Type 1 planet is like and are trying to prepare us for this change (with the exception of John Carter, that's just pure fiction and fantasy...for now
)

The movie which deal with aliens are either whacked out of concept (like Cloverfield...good movie btw), or very unrealistic (Avengers....but Stark Technologies a true possibility)

Battleship may represent a true alien race for a Type 3 civilization as well as Battle LA.
edit on 13-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Like most have said already Hollywood makes money for a reason and that to sucker us in which in most cases works very well.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Those movies are definitely going to be on my list to see......

Let's not forget about this one though.....

Pacific Rim

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Looks like advanced Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs an evolved Godzilla hybrid with the monster from Cloverfield and a Pitch Black hammerhead bat.

I gotta watch this movie now, how could I have missed it in my CGI sci-fi action flicks to watch??

Btw, I don't watch much tv so I don't get to see most of these movie trailers unless I YouTube for Official Movie Trailers.

Thanks for the heads up

edit on 13-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011

Looks like advanced Mighty Morphin Power Rangers vs an evolved Godzilla hybrid with the monster from Cloverfield and a Pitch Black hammerhead bat.

I gotta watch this movie now, how could I have missed it in my CGI sci-fi action flicks!

Precisely......I love these kinds of movies....reminds me of when I was little and watching Voltron. It's like Voltron versus Godzilla.....2013 is going to be a year of epic earth battle movies.....I am looking forward to it eagerly!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

I gotta watch this movie now, how could I have missed it in my CGI sci-fi action flicks!

Precisely......I love these kinds of movies....reminds me of when I was little and watching Voltron. It's like Voltron versus Godzilla.....2013 is going to be a year of epic earth battle movies.....I am looking forward to it eagerly!

That movie trailer was good...but it doesn't really depict what is happening in the actual movie itself.

You have to watch this second trailer:

It does feel like watching Cloverfield all over again but with much more "media attention" within the movie. The directors are trying to make it as much realistic as possible.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That movie trailer was good...but it doesn't really depict what is happening in the actual movie itself.

You have to watch this second trailer:

It does feel like watching Cloverfield all over again but with much more "media attention" within the movie. The directors are trying to make it as much realistic as possible.

Yeah..I watched that one as well...seems like they are saying the earthquakes in San Francisco are related to the alien portal opening in the ocean.....pretty cool relating natural disasters to aliens and doing it with them not coming from space but from the depths of the ocean.....I like the concept a lot.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Yeah..I watched that one as well...seems like they are saying the earthquakes in San Francisco are related to the alien portal opening in the ocean.....pretty cool relating natural disasters to aliens and doing it with them not coming from space but from the depths of the ocean.....I like the concept a lot.

I think if we go beyond thinking creatures and monsters there could be a metaphor for this monster.

First, Battle For LA showed LA being attacked by aliens or "terrorists" and LA was dessimated but US military saved the day

Second, Pacific Rim showing San Francisco attacked by a monster or "terrorist" and gets dessimated but is saved US advanced military

Third, Cloverfield showed New York attacked by a monster or "terrorist" and gets dessimated by the monster but the US military come to save the day

Fourth, Godzilla 1998 showed New York attacked by a monster or "terrorist" and gets dessimated by the monster and the US military come to save the day

Please tell me what these movies all have in common?

Btw, there is one more installment of Godzilla coming....in 2014! This time, it is showing San Diego getting dessimated by a Monster...no scenes showing military action (yet) But the trailer looks pretty cool!

edit on 13-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit date on Godzilla

edit on 13-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: added video

edit on 13-12-2012 by Skywatcher2011 because: edit note

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1MrMarc

new ways to excite our senses = a good return for their investment
njl51

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Sci-fi is not a new genre...of anything. It dates back hundreds of years...maybe even more.

Were those stories trying to tell someone something too?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join