It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loud cracking sounds, volcanic eruptions, ... ARE TECTONIC PLATES CRACKING ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I just hope that I am wrong and that those sounds have other origin, but you all have to admit since those sounds started a lot of volcanoes has erupted. I don't recall that there was so large number of erupting volcanoes before ( 10-20 years ago )

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tluna1

dirty ice.

that video is spectacular. imagine that kind of destruction happening to a populated area!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
reply to post by tluna1

dirty ice.

that video is spectacular. imagine that kind of destruction happening to a populated area!

Size of MANHATTAN !!!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDrakula

I am not sure if this is what you mean, I am not an expert but I found this picture resembling two plates cracking.

When A Continental And Oceanic Plate Collide
When a continental plate and an oceanic plate collide, subduction occurs. The oceanic plate sinks under the continental plate as it is denser. The crust carrying the ocean melts underneath at the subduction zone due to the immense friction and high heat of the magma, which is acidic with higher silican and sulphuric content.

The impact of the collision also causes cracks to form in the crust. The heat and pressure from the mantle forces the acidic magma to rise up these cracks. As the magma continues to rise up the cracks, it escapes onto the surface and solidifies, building up a volcano. Magma on the surface is now known as lava. Thus, an acid lava volcano is formed.

The converging of the oceanic and continental plate also cause deep oceanic trenches and fold mountains to form

Convergent Plate Movement

edit on 13-12-2012 by citizenoftheworld because: provided link

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
OP you are not the only person that is worried about this.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The X
OP you are not the only person that is worried about this.

OK. Video is funny but not in the way that you wanted to present it.

I am not asking stupid questions. As we know North American plate and Eurasian plate are moving from each other. It is possible that something big can happen in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. I think it's no coincidence that sounds are the most reported on both sides of those plates if you can check a picture on the first site.
edit on 13-12-2012 by LordDrakula because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

What the...?
Seriously? This guy is an elected official? My 9 year old could get his point across better than this guy.

This guy does not seem to be talking about plate tectonics. How is this video relevant?

It does seem to me that there is more volcanic activity and frequent larger earthquakes than in the past 50 years. Although, fifty years is hardly a blip in geologic time. I recall when I was young that it was rare for more than one or two volcanos to be so active at once. Am I wrong? Is the access of information today made us just that much more aware of events in other parts of the world?
edit on 13-12-2012 by Twilightgem because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Twilightgem

Here is one graph :

And here another :

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
So there are more eruptions?
I have been wondering what will be the effect of the high number of large earthquakes on the Asian side of the pacific plate. Will they slow down and then we will see a lot of shifting on the Americas side? I am not that knowledgeable about plate tectonics. I have only been paying more attention to Eq and volcanic activity for about 3 years.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Eldensword

Can you narrow down your location a tad( and no I am not coming to stalk you) so a few of us hardcore quakers can look into this a little bit.

This info is a cause for concern...... too me, anyway!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join