It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awaiting the Birth of the New Skeptics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I too have a prediction for 2012, namely the week of December 21st through , lets say Christmas.

When nothing predicted by those claiming to interpret the old sayings and writings, happens, which is a guarantee, I will be here. I will be here as one who never believed any of it. One who tried to tell you to calm the **** down and stop freaking out. One who told you to enjoy your life and not obsess so much over this 2012 thing. One who warned you to save your money and be wise. But I will not be here as one who gloats and rubs it in .I will be understanding and accepting. I will be one who welcomes you into my arms and offers you a kind word of compassion for you see, I too was once a sucker. I know what it feels like to believe something and act on it only to wake up the next day and .......NOTHING.

How else you do think I came to be a skeptic in the first place my lovelies ? If you don't know how I became the skeptic that I am today, you will find out soon. This month. Those of you who believe something big will take place. When it doesn't, you will then understand me the way I will understand you. We will have more in common at the end of this month than we have ever had. Something in you will click, and a realization will take place. You will be more than disappointed. You will be disgusted. With yourself for believing, with others who lied to you and took advantage of you. All that time, wasted.. All that money, for naught. A resolve will overcome you to never be a sucker for anyone ever again. And once you embrace that resolve, my friend , you will be reborn.

A Skeptic

I look forward to your Birthday.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

be skeptical all you like, but the data shows that the human race is in for some cold weather...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

Yes that sure says its the end of the world, spiritual wakening, nibiru, ......

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Very good skepticcon! I really liked your post and i can only hope those people choose life in realty as opposed to death in fantasy.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

it says none of those things... what it does say is that over the past 400,000 years, every time Earth has reached a high temperature/CO2 like we are currently living in, it is followed by thousands of years of cooling...

if you seriously think man has anything to do with that, you are fooling yourself...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

S & F for you.. that was just beautiful my friend.. i too am in on island and awaiting the arrival of the refugees.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
There's no point to this thread except an immature "I told you so! I'm so proud of myself for being smarter than you."

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

But he is going to welcome us into his arms after saying I told you so....

That changes everything......NOT!!! lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

He should feel proud for being one of the few people who see past delusions.

He should feel proud.... He is what ATS is all about...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I'm with ya, dude.

I've held the firm position that the 2012 "Apocalypse" is going to be real, in the sense that a lot of people are going to get their New-Age feelings hurt, on an Apocalyptic scale.

Sometimes I think I'm the only one who remembers that the poles were "definitely" going to flip on 5/5/2000...

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
I have been a skeptic on the whole Dec 21 2012 thing right from the beginning.

I'm a subscriber to the theory that if you know that the calendar is going to be the exact same thing every 26,000 years, why make two? Why not just use the same one over?

After all, we have 12 hour watches, because we know the same 12 hour cycle repeats itself twice a day. We can't even be bothered to make 24 hour watches.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The problem is there will ALWAYS be another date. 21st will come and go and that only means they got the date wrong by their thinking. I believe that people are already calculating a new date since planet Nibiru hasn't taken form in the last year or so.

We also have the other side that is suggesting it is an “awakening” or something else that is totally immeasurable or detectable, well unless you are one of the lucky ones. I see a whole new breed of new wave mystics on the horizon willing to lead us, for a price of course.

In the end I see nothing changing I’m sorry to say…

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

i clicked on this thinking you were expecting twins lol

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by skepticconwatcher

When nothing predicted by those claiming to interpret the old sayings and writings, happens, which is a guarantee, I will be here.

Ah, the old something/nothing binary. Its a favorite of skeptics. The lie goes like this - Either 'something' (something predicted by "those"... so we all just "know" what that "something" is) will happen or 'nothing' will, and we will all know which at the exact moment everyone anticipates that we will know. Watch the COUNTDOWN clock! Its a nice and tidy bit of flawed binary logic that appeals to the pathologically "skeptical" who live their lives behind a shield of willful ignorance.

edit on 12-12-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by kalisdad

No, Man has been producing more greenhouse gas than anything.... while Earth does have its ways of heating/cooling.. man is speeding the process of wiping us out.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
S&F

DENY IGNORANCE

(standing ovation)

Unfortunately, it will change nothing. They won't admit anything. There are more rabbit holes full of woo to fall into, and most people into this sort of garbage will just move on to the next New Age fable.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

this^ the goal posts will be moved and another date selected. (as is already happening with the 7 or 8 year window either side of this date thing) But what they hell, people can believe what they like, no point rubbing their noses in it when they're wrong. I certainly won't be jumping round saying "ner ner told you so". I shall get on with my life, and enjoy the next round of predictions. Whilst I don't believe them, I do like to read/watch stuff like this, so I've enjoyed this whole 2012 thing. (will be ending it in style, at bangface, gotta celebrate)

The precession of the equinox will still happen (or is that not on next friday?) so there's a good reason to celebrate. Not going to happen again for a bit. Turn it into something positive again, instead of all the doom and gloom we've been fed.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Of course....I would think...so lofty a soul such as yourself realizes there is a difference between a skeptic and a debunker. I am a skeptic. I think skeptic is someone that really wishes there was something special happening and just does not see it and a debunker just flat refuses to see it even when it is falling on his head.

I really do wish there was magic in this universe...that something wonderful and profound was right around the corner...but I personally see no evidence of that. I see...just another day. I so wish I was gifted like some of our fellow members...they see wonder at every turn...they see lights in the sky and shadows moving through the trees...I don't. In nearly every single circumstance...I have found a rational explanation. I am painfully technically minded and generally allow science and knowledge to answer my questions...and it almsot always does.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
My example posted earlier, on the Pole Shift on 5/5/2000, was a reference to the fact that the date is ever in flux.

When we're falling-down-drunk on December 21st, the habitually misanthropic will be scurrying away to await 99942 Apophis in 2036. I give us until 2015, before Apophis becomes the next Nibiru/Nemesis/2012 woo-woo "Cosmic Awakening" meme.

::yawn::

edit on 12-12-2012 by AllenBishop because: Smartphone Typos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join