It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Recognizes Syrian Opposition Body = More War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
It would seem we just can't help but want to get involved, and I have a feeling we will get very involved.

US President Barack Obama has recognized the main Syrian opposition group as a "legitimate representative" of the Syrian people. This brings the US in line with its allies, including Britain, France and several Arab states.

"We've made a decision that the Syrian Opposition Coalition is now inclusive enough, is reflective and representative enough of the Syrian population that we consider them the legitimate representative of the Syrian people in opposition to the Assad regime," Obama said in an interview with ABC.

And lets not forget to mention it's not our place to be backing anybody, especially when it makes us less safe.

Critics contend the coalition and the Free Syrian Army (FSA), which supports the opposition body, are closely connected with Islamists. The FSA’s newly elected joint command is estimated to be composed mostly of Muslim Brotherhood-linked commanders and excludes the most senior officers who defected from Assad’s more secular military.

“People here in Washington don’t seem to understand… If you do like the government in Cairo, then you will love the government that comes to power in Damascus. You will see a Sunni Muslim Islamist government, a Muslim Brotherhood-style government, that is absolutely intolerant, fundamentally hostile to the West,” retired US Army Colonel and military author Douglas Macgregor told RT.

The full article is here.
rt.com...

Yes, it is RT, but I think this is worth looking in to and discussing.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I don't understand why the West are so keen to help start what might eventually become the new Caliphate. It's not like it will end well.

I just don't get it.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
another thread was started on this several hours ago that i missed, if i knew how to link it i would. i apologize.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I don't understand why the West are so keen to help start what might eventually become the new Caliphate. It's not like it will end well.

I just don't get it.

the rise of the false caliphate

which would be a PUPPET of israel

thats the only way to ensure Isreals survival, and keep Shi'a Iran away!!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by khimbar

LOL. no it wasn't but thanks for linking that one. it's basically the same as this one and the other one though. i believe i'll go S&F both of them.

top topics

join