It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yay! Got my SAD light today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I hope this will work for my SAD. It's so debilitating and so many suffer from it every winter. Some suffer in summer. But it's a blue light that you put on for 15 to 45 min a day and it stops you from being down, exhausted, irritable etc.

About SAD:

www.mayoclinic.com...

Sad light therapy:
www.mayoclinic.com...

Hopefully this will get the word out and others who suffer can find relief. I got my light on amazon for 40 dollars. Some go up to 200 but it depends on budget, etc.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I suffer from SADD as well, and I do hope that your light therapy works for you. Even using a tanning bed (briefly) can be beneficial to our emotional health in winter or during DST (daylight savings time).. as well as vitaminD supplements.

Good luck with your light. Wish you well

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

I look at seasons in this way so i don't have that disorder.
Nature is awesome and you can find beauty in it in many ways.

Winter=snow,soup,snuggling up and feel good hearty food.
Spring=warmth is around the corner and flowers are coming up as well as seeing the blossoms in the trees getting ready to bring us some greenery.
Summer=bbqs,hit the beach,ice tea,cold beer and camping. (although I camp all year round)
Fall=the trees changing color,pumpkin pie,not being so hot from summer and anything you can harvest from what you did from spring to fall.

Seasons shouldn't make you depressive,they should make you happy.
There is good in all of them if you look for it.

If the poo hits the fan,then worry about the seasons.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The reason we suffer from SAD is because of the lack of light, basically. I love winter, love snow, love how it looks, love the crisp air - but the short days and 'always dark' but with sunlight for 6 to 7 hours a day instead of 10, it does wreak havoc on our bodies and then our emotions. It IS a legit 'disorder'. Mainly folk in the Midwest of the States, other Countries who are 'North' - like Norway, Sweden, Alaska, etc - tend to suffer from this. The brain gets confused and over produces or under produces melatonin and it really messes with the mind big time. Sometimes the same thing happens to 3rd shift workers as well. Being awake during the night and sleeping during the day messes the body and sometimes over all well being up.
Hope that explains it more.

new topics

top topics

join