It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barclays and mind control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
hello ATS, this is only my second thread and its not meant to be a big one or anything. I've been working on my two big threads for ages now and i keep doing rewrites and all that and i just wanted to get this out there to vent a little

Okay so this was actually going to be a reply to a thread by hefficide about various mind control techniques, it was a very well written thread and explained the whole thing very well i thought, unfortunately i couldnt remember the title of the thread and i felt like this would be a very good example of the various social engineering techniques hefficide outlined in it.

So i'm sure some of you will know that barclays is one of the most corrupt banks out there and are very major players in the game of removing our freedoms and reducing the inherent dignity of human beings as much as possible. So heres the advert:

www.youtube.com...

You'll notice how the guy talking on the advert sounds like a really nice friendly guy, you would probably go for a pint with him wouldnt you? "yes, always take your shoes off, health and safety" he sounds like the most normal, everyday guy you could ever meet doesn't he?

its all about the impressions we get, they get stored in your subconscious no matter what your opinions are, and most people arent going to be sitting analysing company accounts or business deals over the past 30 years or any of that are they? so the impression left by this advert is "oohh they sound nice" but its clearly not the guy talking on the advert who is the top ceo of barclays is it?

this advert has been precisely engineered to be what it is, to coerce the minds of the unsuspecting public, it is clear and blatant brainwashing when you know what to look for, and if you dont know what to look for, then you're pretty close to getting a barclay card right now arent you? haha

anyway thats all i really had to say, hefficide showed us screenshots from a website on his thread which explained 'social engineering' or sheer brainwashing in such a discreet way that i suspect most of the rookie initiates into the program dont even have an idea of what they are doing. I mean they clearly picked out every single word they used on that site so carefully that the actual goal of the operation was so ambiguous that they would probably win over a crowd if you came out in protest against them. Anyway the website explained the process, and i just thought this advert was a perfect example of how easy it is for things like quirky little words and personality traits to be used to seduce you into having thousands of opinions that arent even your own, especially when companies and governments have so much access to sooooooooo much information from surveys and statistics about you that just seemed like pointless research when you answered their questions. I mean just nielsen ratings alone provide such an opportunity for governments and organisations to learn the little aversions and attractions of their public and react accordingly, meaning that they can literally piece together a perfect matrix of illusions that cover every type of person and push us all further and further from the divine principle of existence, the conscious infinity of the truth.

think about it, like, the goth that 'just wants to be different' or the perfect little daddys slut, how many times over have their exact lives been lived, and in that time various forces have learned perfectly how to manipulate every sub-section of society, i mean dont even get me started on geordie shore, jersey shore, made in chelsea, only way is essex etc etc. you know what im saying here people come on :p

Thanks if you read this :p Love your neighbour.. Bye!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by simplyLOVE

Is this the Heff thread your referring to? US Government Social Engineering Exposed: OSD Human Social Behavior Modeling Program, page 1

I haven't gone through it yet, but will defiantly check it out.

What do you think is the line between marketing and brainwashing?

I think in marketing we should have a choice. Brainwashing the choice is already made for us.

With the advancement in technology and data gathering the line is getting blurred and if the government has a say, then we for sure are leaning more towards brainwashing than marketing.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Observationalist because: Added personal insight

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by simplyLOVE

Madisen Avenue. Tellus and sellus.
Old tv shows like The Dick Van Dyke Show and Bewitched had the main characters as advertising executives who
portrayed the advertising industry as good men who only used their creativity to promote their products rather than the slavering, baby eating rabid beasts that they really are.

Michael Jordan, the greatest b player to have come along and he sells us underwear. Get you started? No, don't get ME started.

Nice post simply...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
you know what the best form of mind control is, black mail

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I hadn't even heard of Barclays when one of their recruiters called me. I didn't like the sound of her voice so I didn't call back. Funny, those gut feelings.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Observationalist

Yes that is the thread. Thankyou.

And I agree, i think with marketing, the goal is just to get your product well-known enough that when someone wants a particular thing, they know where to get it, but i believe in absolute honesty when it comes to packaging information and all that. But there is also a lot lot of things like this advert where they use psycholoigical techniques based on a kind of mindset and vocabulary that they create, perpetuate and alter based on changing social hot buttons and all that. Which is exactly what heff talks about in that thread.

Thanks for the replies

join