It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next-gen US drone: now equipped with ‘death ray’ laser

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Is there another source with more information perhaps?
edit on 11-12-2012 by Pants3204 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by chrisrobitaille

The Predator C is real although not in operational service. The laser is real although in early testing still.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
HELLADS is a bit of overkill if you're after personnel. It's more an anti-missile/anti-materiel sort of thing. You don't need anywhere near that much power for frying up people on the ground.

It presents a bit of trouble making enough power to turn over a HELLADS in a drone airframe, too. That laser won't pump itself.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Yay toys!
I love the future...its so cool, and its always just around the corner.
X

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Gotta love ATS
people fall into several catagories.
1. If its not from mainstream media, its not true
2. If its from mainstream media its not true
3. People who just come to mess with the heads of others

So which sites can we believe?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Not this one. I come here simply for the amusement.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I find it disgusting these "children" make these blanket slandering statements knowing that the government is being run by corrupt individuals but they always blame the shooters. And the bail without intelligent debate on these threads which...on their end ultimately lose to simply insult.
I am equally amused that such temper tantrums are directed at us from a citizen of a former empirical state we rebelled from, calling us the bad guys when the original problem started from the Rothchild family.Money and its mechanizations are to blame.Not soldiers.

Back to purpose what about a small reactor and the FEL?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

I thought about that - FELs and CARMs are awfully heavy. I don't think you could pack either in a drone and get it off the ground. Which is why the AF uses heavy haulers to pack them around the test grounds at Kirtland.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
reply to post by CincinnatiReds

Actually, the reason many people "hate" America is because Americans go around the world killing people in large numbers, men wome and children, for complete BS reasons, and propping up dictatorships doing the same.

I, for one, have nothing but contempt, for the US military machine which, lets face it, is nothing to do with defence or protecting Americans, and everything to do with offence and murder in foreign lands for the benefit of the bankers and corporations (and a nasty little foreign nation that dictates US foreign policy).

Of course, American arrogance dictates that we all want to be like Americans and are jealous in some way. If that makes them feel somehow superior, then I'm afraid the place is even more effed up than I already thought!

No offense but as an American I feel like we sure have to clean
up many messes for many interests, not always including our own,around the globe.

And remember...America learned to do this from the greatest empire
of conquering and installing puppets this world has ever seen.
Maybe you've heard of this country, BritGuy?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join