It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Row over 'white as snow' Miss France

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

A black rights group on Monday slammed the latest Miss France competition for producing a "white as snow" winner from a field it claimed was unrepresentative of the country's ethnic make-up....

...Of the 33 finalists in Saturday's contest, eight were from ethnic minorities....

....The statement went on to express regret that "Miss France is as white as the end of year snow on the steeples of an eternal France."

More at source (France24.com)

Seems we can't even have an old-fashioned beauty contest anymore without it getting politicized. And here we see yet again another example "professional complainers" (minority rights groups) who are never, ever satisfied. I guess it's not sufficient for 8 of the 33 contestants to be minorities. France is an historically-white and majority-white nation so what is the problem here? More knee-jerk racism against whites. Lot of that going around these days.

And let's not overlook the hypocrisy. Imagine the outrage if some group expressed "regret" that a winner was, say, "black as coal."

Policial correctness is out of control in Europe, and threatens social stability. Is there a conspiracy of some sort afoot, or merely social hysteria?

edit on 12/10/2012 by FailedProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

...Of the 33 finalists in Saturday's contest, eight were from ethnic minorities....

sounds like a fair representation to me.....

honestly, when I think of French women(which I do often, lol jk, kind of), I don't think of them as being black.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Shoot my face and delete this please lol

edit on 10-12-2012 by Chinvenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Just exactly how white is " the end of the year snow" ...in not so sure it's all that white where I'm from....lol! There's usually a lot of salt and sand mixed into the snow banks by then....heheheheh.....( this is strictly a joke)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FailedProphet

I can't wait until every single person on this planet is the color of a band aid, so this crap will stop....

Des

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

I know right?!......unfortunately, then it will be religion separating us.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

That's funny.

But it won't be news worthy unless people make it so. Otherwise nobody is going to know or care what a black group thinks of the contestant unless everybody else makes a big deal out of it. I imagine when a black girl wins white groups have something derogatory to say about it but these groups are not usually seen as worthy of notice no matter what they say precisely because of their hateful views. Prejudiced people WILL say prejudiced things.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1

After it is finally proved or disproved and religion ceases to divide us, we will line up according to whether we have curly or straight hair. Curly haired people will hate the cafe au lait colored people with straight hair and vice versa. lol

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
So every country is expected to select minorities only for their beauty queens, not that I like the contests much, for all professional careers, they should have more than half the till jobs in all stores and more than half the security jobs outside stores, as we see more and more here, though they are not reflective of the largest group in the said country, OR ITS RACIST.

I THINK NOT! OPPOSITE IS TRUE.

PTB sure play the race card, because they want to do away with equality and middle class.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FailedProphet
Is there a conspiracy of some sort afoot, or merely social hysteria?

This happens with everything in Europe. In the Eurovision contests these groups go nuts if a country doesn't put forth an ethnic minority to represent them.

If someone has a problem with an ethnically French woman representing her ancestral homeland then they themselves are either racist or pursuing an agenda.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
They are just ignorant sour-grapes anti-white-bigots.

The world seems full of them these days.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Personally, i preferred the just closed thread as that had pictures!

Stupid story by a group that clearly hasn't thought it through. I sincerely hope we know get some white French people protesting that the North African entries do not have any white women French women to choose from - just to highlight the ridiculousness.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Strange as the woman complaining about my Holiday tree was too big. I told her I don't have a holiday tree I have a Christmas tree. She said no it's called a holiday tree as everybody waited because they knew it was going to get bad I told her if it was the 4th of July it would be a 4th of July tree and if it was Easter it would be an Easter tree but it's Christmas so it's a Christmas tree. Then she told me it has to go and I asked why my birthday tree had to go she gave me a dirty look and said F U to which I said Not a chance in the world. Everybody left and the tree still stands 30 feet tall

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I could be wrong, but most black people in France are from French colonial possessions and, unless Frenchmen were more prude and peace loving than their Spanish, English, Portuguese and Dutch counterparts, I'm going to go ahead and say that most Haitians, Martiniquans, Côte D'Ivoirians, Benin-ians (not sure about the national terms here) and various other Caribbean islands and West African Nations have French Genetic make-up.

Whether the French (or any other European ex- or neo-Colonial power, for that matter) like it or not, they are the ones who initiated the ethno-cultural shift in their sphere of influence with their actions. they set in motion the centuries-long dialog that created the "Mulatto," "Mestiço," "Patois", "Pocho", "Caboclos" and "Creole", people summed up nowadays really well by what I believe the Chicanos of the US Southwest call "ni de allí, ni de allá" - in between people who are not exactly pure representatives of the colonized, nor of the colonizer.

The problem is the disenfranchisement in places like France, that has lead to politically correct "hypercorrections" and government instituted affirmative action - which, at the end of the argument, boil down to State-sponsored racism (with a sunshine and rainbow packaging) and a blotched sort of quick fix, because the real resolution is too difficult to deal with...kick the can down the road, as we tend to say here when politicians avoid dealing with the fundamentals and focus on the symptomatic or superficial.

edit on 13-12-2012 by Sphota because: Spelling

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1

Then it will the hill people vs. the flat-landers. We struggle to ensure there is conflict. Look at some people the way they are. Always criticising their children and spouse, nothing is ever right or good enough. It's a very unfortunate human nature condition, a madness.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
8 out of 33 is 24%, which I think if probably a fair representation, if not more so, of ethnic minorities in France. It is difficult to know the exact make-up however, as French law prohibits collecting census data on race or religion.

new topics

top topics

join