It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theorists Could Be Silenced At 50th Anniversary At Dealey Plaza

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The Sixth Floor Museum has turned over plans to commemorate the 50th anniversary of JFK's murder to a special "50th" Committee, comprised of Dallas city leaders, and, while they claim the event will be "open to the public", they also have stated

We want to mark this tragic day by remembering a great President with the sense of dignity and history he deserves.

and

“I don’t think we know yet what will take place. It may be simply a moment of silence,” Longford said of the 50th anniversary commemoration. “It will absolutely not be a festival. It will be a dignified and appropriate commemoration.”

I understand the need to commemorate the life of a truly great President, but shouldn't this be done on his birthday, not date of his death?

The museum is seeking to stifle all alternative theories except for the "official story" of what truly happened that fateful day.

“We have reserved Dealey Plaza for that date,” said Nicola Longford, the museum’s executive director. “I think, for the 50th anniversary, we have an opportunity to offer a dignified, appropriate event for the city of Dallas.”

How can you attend the event?

The city plans to cordon off the area and, for a ceremony lasting less than an hour, admit only people who have some kind of ticket. Details have yet to be worked out.

Some rumors mention a type of lottery system.

I think this is more about making Dallas look good than getting to the truth.

Expect a lawsuit, says prominent JFK assassination expert Robert Groden, a regular at Dealey Plaza, who will insist on his right to be there that day.

Groden maintains it’s really not officially a city park. If that’s true, and if that’s an impediment to City Hall’s plans, maybe council will wave its magic wand and — poof! — it’s a park.

Heard Jesse Ventura discussing this on AJ's show today, thought it was interesting. Thoughts?

dallasmorningviewsblog.dallasnews.com...
www.dallasnews.com...
www.wfaa.com...
www.dallasobserver.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Dallas Mayor and Leadership Committee Official Press Release

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I hope they will finally let the truth be known. That would be a hell of a memorial but I doubt that his killers would hold a memorial and then confess to what they have done.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
As long as there are people working behind the curtains of transparency, Conspiracy Theorists will never be silenced.

Peace

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Silence the CT'S!
Never!
The more they try the harder they push back.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
good

there is a time and a place for everything

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinvenzo

I wish we could finally get the full, true and complete story after all of this time.
Unfortunately I am afraid that too many of the actors in this theatre are dead by everything from assasination to natural causes and we will never truly know even a fraction of the truth.

Maybe agter our own deaths and probable enlightenment we will know though.

I do believe it is a bit late to prosecute the true criminals anyway, a life sentence on a 90 year old man is a joke.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yeah the truth is most likely hidden forever now. I hope somebody has enough guilt to tell the facts one day. Even if it isn't to "tattle" but just out of respect for JFK and his family.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
The Sixth Floor Museum at Dealy Plaza, run by that turncoat Gary Mack, is a total joke.

When I lived in Dallas, I had to go visit it at least once. It is a large tourist attraction dedicated to the Warren Commission's "official story", and I have to say that I was utterly turned off. It was obscene. The whole thing is designed to push the "lone gunman" theory, and the bookstore / gift shop only sells books and memorabilia that say that Oswald did it. You won't find any other books that explore the conspiracy.

According to Mr. Mack, Oswald was a crazy who did it all by himself.

Because the city of Dallas and the idiots at the Sixth Floor museum know that the 50th anniversary of JFK's murder will draw people from all over the world, they are trying to head off the commotion and the conspiracy theorists by cordoning off the area, only allowing certain ticket holders in, and only allowing their official nonsense story to be told.

I think it's a dirty trick, but knowing the good folks in the JFK conspiracy community, they will be all over Dallas anyway, trying to get their message across.

Anybody who has been in the Sixth Floor Museum knows that they have the "sniper's nest" on the 6th floor glassed off (making like it was the official place the gunman was)...however, the 7th floor is completely empty. For anybody who is there and can make it, go up to the 7th floor and go to the same window as the sniper was supposedly at, only one floor higher. Look carefully and see just how freaking impossible it was for a lone gunman with a cheap rifle to make the shot. It strains credibility to the utmost to see that the perfect shot would have been as the president's limo was on Houston street, and how crappy and difficult the shot was once the limo turned onto Elm Street and went down a ways. The sniper would have been twisted at an angle and would have had to hang out the window to make the final kill shot.

TPTB are trying to wrest to 50th anniversary away from the truth and hijack it to perpetuate the same garbage as the Warren Commission tried to force-feed us all those many years ago. They should be ashamed of themselves, and also, they are going to cause the conspiracy theorists to get very creative in getting media attention to this travesty.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chinvenzo

I'm inclined to believe the family does know the truth....but they are part of the system too.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'm missing how this is supposed to silence conspiracy theorists...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Hmm you're probably right. I heard somewhere that the driver (I think the driver at least) was the one to shoot him and in one recording from street level you can see it clearly. I haven't seen this for myself though.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sorry damn iPhone double posted'er
edit on 10-12-2012 by Chinvenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
First off let me say that in actual act, there will be no real silence of conspiracy theorists surrounding this case, especially at this moment - the 50th anniversary - Personally I don't think it will be possible. There have been meetings, there have been gatherings, there have been debates and everything else like this concerning the anniversary dates leading up to this one, and the 50th will be no different. On the day itself, I imagine some sort of popular and well known conspiracy-related event inside Dallas will be taking place. It might not be on the street as per usual, but It'll be happening. I can guarantee that. Tradition is tradition after all.

Secondly, is it really a surprise that on this particular anniversary, the milestone 50th, discussions will primarily be centered around the life of Kennedy, something along the lines of a celebration of his achievements, not the speculations surrounding his rather gruesome death? I don't think It's that much of a surprise at all - If anything I'm surprised that other people are surprised at this. This is a murdered American President and this is an event taking place in the City of Dallas, his place of death, at a crucial time with crucial modern day players - And we mustn't forget that to this day many still find these particular conspiracy theories disrespectful and unnecessary - remember, not everyone looks into this kind of stuff as we all do here on ATS.

So no, I don't think It's that much of a surprise really. It's a bit disappointing of course as a more mature look at thing's would've been nice to see, not an attempted blackout, but not a surprise.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chinvenzo
reply to post by Signals

Hmm you're probably right. I heard somewhere that the driver (I think the driver at least) was the one to shoot him and in one recording from street level you can see it clearly. I haven't seen this for myself though.

Don't be fooled. There's no proof at all that William Greer, the driver, shot anybody that day.

*Graphic content at times - watch with this warning in mind*

edit on 10-12-2012 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

My apologies to Mr. Greer.
as I said I hadn't seen it but thanks for showing me the light.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Chinvenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The whole driver thing had me intrigued for about 12 seconds back in the day. I thought , finally a break in the case, until I realized I was watching edited videos on youtube.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
i would suggest that all the CTers be locked in a small room - not to silence or cencor them - but just for the hilarity of the argument that would ensue :

one faction blames the cubans
another the mafia
yet another LBJ
the next the CIA

etc etc etc

there is a fair degree of mutal exclucivity in many of the CT arguments - let " battle commence "

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

A room full of Dale Gribbles lol. If they secretly video taped a few hours of that I'd definitely be willing to fork out like $14 for a DVD.

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This thread may be worth a second look with the date approaching.

They won't even let James Tague, the third person shot that day, attend the ceremonies. He doesn't buy the official story....

en.wikipedia.org...

www.timesdispatch.com...
edit on 18-11-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Signals
This thread may be worth a second look with the date approaching.

They won't even let James Tague, the third person shot that day, attend the ceremonies. He doesn't buy the official story....

en.wikipedia.org...

www.timesdispatch.com...
edit on 18-11-2013 by Signals because: (no reason given)

What?!?

Are you flockin' kidding me?!

It's as if no one in power even cares anymore what people think or how they feel about events. The average person simply doesn't matter and they're shoving our faces in it every day.

That attitude is going to bite them in the ass. It's one thing to try and deflect and pacify the public. It's an entirely different thing to arrogantly piss them off...

Tague absolutely deserves to be there. And he should have a place of honor as one who not only was there on that terrible day, but was a part of history.

Luckily, there's a lot of new and updated info coming out via alternate channels. Pretty soon they and their precious MSM won't matter anymore to us. They'll become the irrelevant ones.

Payback's a bitch as they say...

top topics

join