It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 8 USB Issues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Anybody else having issues with Win 8 and usb, I had no problems with Win 7 64 bit but now every so often it randomly drops my usb WIFI and keyboard as well as trackball, BUT it doesn't drop my mouse (mouse on the right, trackball on the left).

Any suggestions?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Drop Windows 8.

It's really only useful for mobile/touch devices. Beyond that, it sucks.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by majestikc

It sounds like a driver issue. I would make sure all the drivers for those devices are updated.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by majestikc

I haven't had any experience with windows 8 yet but my guess would be driver issues.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I haven't touched Win 8 and don't plan to..but I appreciate the heads up on continuing foundational problems. If they have USB issues...on such basic basic levels? Wow..... Fail is something they need billboards on for this one.

The question has been posed many times over the years....what would it take to move from Windows 100% and totally to Linux? Microsoft just answered that all by themselves. Windows 8 is what it took and it's done it in spades. The little penguin is my friend as Win 7 support fades.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Like usual there will probably be teething problems until at least the first service pack is released.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your right Wrabbit. I've ran various Linux distros on a low powered laptop for years now. Its becoming a serious contender these days and free to boot!

I can definitely see more people taking it up as time goes on. Once your used to it its great.

Having said that I still run windows on my main desktop PC. Its not quite time for me to ditch it yet.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Grifter81

I'll run Win 7 as a Dual boot on my desktop and my Laptop is going Linux for the coming semester at school. I've played with Linux as a primary OS but this will be the first term I use it with no Win even on the machine for my laptop. Hey. it should be a blast. I buy an SSD drive and Windows finds ways to get even BIGGER, slower and worse for coding to make even that seem slow. On Linux though? Ahh... SSD 's load like an Instant-On appliance. Well.. Almost.

Win 8 frosted my cupcake with this tile crap. If they want to force new interface things on me because "THEY" think it's cool? Well....I hope they enjoy their software. I have other options, right?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I've not had any issues with USB at all.

Older hardware can be more of a pain than on win7, but unless it's really obscure hardware then it's not an issue to sort. if you have really old hardware then you're not likely to be installing windows 7/8 either.

The only problem I've had with win8 so far is that it won't take the drivers for my eken tablet so I can use the livesuite software to dump roms.

runs better than 7 for me, loads a hell of a lot faster too. Surprising since I said I'd never touch it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I don't have Windows 8 installed (I will install it when I find a way of disabling that silly tile screen
), but I have a co-worker that has it installed on his laptop (since September) and he hasn't had any problems.

posted on Jan, 29 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
hi
i have used win 8..
i think you should check all drivers are installed properly or not...
or check if any hardware problem..

new topics

top topics

join