It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vinyl records

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hello again ATS. I got a sweet turntable setup from my dad last year, and have been adding to my collection as much as I could since then. Here are a few of my favorites at the moment.

Feel free to respond with some of your own to make me jelly.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
My first record was Shaun Cassidy! ..wearing his white one piece suit! Lol..Donna summer was next !

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boot2theface

That's awesome! I love vinyl records!

Unfortunately someone spilt a whole 16oz beer on my record player during my Halloween party last year.

It still works but the sound goes in and out.

Anyways my first records were from my grandmother and they were all the Beatles! I loved it! And still have them.

One of my favorite records is the Hank Williams sr record we got a little while back. And also Neil Young...harvest record.

I would post pictures, but Hahahahahaha! I don't know how! I'm not computer savvy at all!
edit on 9-12-2012 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
My first record was Shaun Cassidy! ..wearing his white one piece suit! Lol..Donna summer was next !

That's just so wrong in so many ways...

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boot2theface

I'm glad to see that young people are rediscovering Turntables and Albums. The "new" medium just doesn't sound the same. Digital recordings loose some of the high and lows that are heard on albums (so I've heard it said). Another thing is the artwork, Cd's are too small the have the artwork I grew up with on the old albums.
Bravo! my hat goes off to you. I hope you continue to enjoy the music and pass this on to others.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
If you want to grab a great collection for 2-10 dollars per LP, contact record stores in Asia. Especially Korea.

Seriously. I spent hours going through the lp sections of these stores, outdoor stalls etc when I lived there. They have 1,000's left over from the soldiers and they bought a bunch because it was cool at the time. They also have some of the best turn tables in the World.

I bought Eric Burton and the Animals first album, sealed with the original tag of 3 dollars on it for 4 dollars when I was there. Many more as well.

Peace

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Nice I just added some new vinyl to my collection today

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Man,the first one was Kiss Rock and Roll Over,next was Aerosmiths Toys in the Attic,next was Led Zeppelin ,or was it Neil Young,it's kind of hazy ,the memory,but you get the picture.

edit on 9-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The first vinyl I used to listen to was AC/DC Razors Edge

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I still have a small collection that isn't packed up somewhere. Most of my old ones are. I've kept out all my Kiss (my favorite band) and my other top bands out in a closet for easier access.

I still buy a couple from time to time.

The bottom two are some of my more recent buys and some of my favorite ones.. A red Italian version of Uncle Jam Wants You and Pleasure Principle by Parlet.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Ha ha! ...I was 9 years old.. And had just had open heart surgery, so my parents surprised me with the Shaun Cassidy album and a brand new YELLOW record player!! ....woo hoo! .. He was such the heart throb then!! ( thanks to tiger beat magazine! ) ....."Da doo Ron Ron , da doo Ron Ron" ! .....He he he he....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They say vinyl is making a comeback.

And the reason is the art. With mp3, you don't have the album cover and sleeve to study (loved the ones with the lyrics so you can sing along) to stare at while you listen to tunes.

In the 70s and 80s, sometimes the album art alone would break or make a band.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
We have a record and tape traders, and a local vinyl store. You should see if you have local places like that. F.Y.E. also has a vinyl section.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
This is my most desired object in the whole wide world. It will never be reprinted, and anyone and everyone who has a copy will never get rid of it...

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

I'd watch out with the cover to Nevermind lol. I think I heard of a guy who was contacted by the FBI over CP charges after posting it on his blog...

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Good stuff man, long live vinyl...can't beat the warmth, feel, smell and sound of wax! That beautiful crackle too

I still collect myself, mostly Hip-Hop but have a lot of old stuff like motown, classical, punk etc...have an original of O'Jays 1972 'Backstabbers' a;bum which has the cover signed by all the members which I found in a charity shop for pennies. Which brings me onto my next point...It's so easy for people to download music in an instant these days, but I feel kids are missing out in these digital days - the trips out to record shops, hunting down your rare copy of a certain track, the album artwork that comes with it, the journey home, placing the needle on the record for the first time...the sound man!

ha ha rant over, respect bro. Peace

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
i got into Vinyl a few years ago and i love it. Artwork is so much more awesome and i love the sound. I go to a small music store by my house and they have a great Vinyl selection, love spending my money there

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Cool mate, Its good to support your local record shop...hmv and internet stores pretty much closed down most of them in the UK but theres a handful left.

new topics

top topics

join