It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My personal trick for helping with stress

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Hello everyone. What I would like to share with you today is a trick that I use in helping to keep my emotions in check when I feel overwhelmed. It is a simple belief and idea that has helped me hold together through alot of crap. Every time that I think I'm going to bend fold or break I say to myself "You are only halfway there"

This ideal came from a rise against song.

Now in the song the singer uses the lines;
When enough is enough
That's when you know your halfway there.

It is these words that that give me the strength to carry on in an uphill battle against life. Every time that I think enough is enough, I just tell myself that i'm only halfway to my snapping point. Something that helps me in this is to envision yourself at the end of your rope, then picture your "rope" doubling, a representation of your patience with life.

For it to trully work though you must believe yourself. Every time you say those lines in your head, do so with intention, and always believe yourself. It is the BELIEF that you are only halfway there that is going to make it so you ARE only halfway there.Without the belief in yourself this will never work.

This little technique has helped me with my anger issues(of which there were lots), it has helped keep my sanity, and has improved my patience with the world. I hope that people find this little trick as useful as I have.

Much Love;
openeyeswideshut
edit on 9-12-2012 by openeyeswideshut because: video

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Great thread. S&F.

I have a saying that helps me when I feel overwhelmed. "It is what it is." Helps me realize that fussing about the situation is a drain of my energy, which should be focused on solving the problem.

Now I'm adding your phrase to my list.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

That is another saying that worth much in mental weight. It allows you to accept what the stuation is, and in that sense helps you get over what it is that was troubling you about the situation.

join