It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does the US wants more foreigners?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Originally posted by Otts
TC - keep calling me names, it arouses me.

I understand the need for the United States, like any country, to lay down clear rules for who can come into the country. And in a time where the US is fighting terrorists abroad, I would find it dangerous and foolish to resort to illegal means to get into the United States.

But in view of how porous the border is - especially in Arizona and New Mexico - I don't understand why Americans would make things difficult for a Canadian who holds a Masters degree and readily accepts to do things by the book..

its also hell for Europeans and other westerners with high degrees to get in as well. I think its discrimintory.

I agree 100%. As an immigrant, I have gone through many tribulations over the years, just to get visas, then work authorizations and such. It's hell. Right now, getting an actual H1-B visa back in the home country (I don't have to do that anymore) can take up to 5 months. Speaking of disrupted lives. It was always strange that there is a constant influx of illegals, on daily basis... While the legals spend same days in lines to get a stamp or file a paper, and it takes forever. Anybody who hasn't been in that situation... Just trust me.

I think we should let in anyone of decent character with a desire to make their own dreams come true, who have good intent in, regardless if its a third world country or a first rate power. the borders should be open to all decent people in the world.

There is no legal definition of "decent people". And if there was one, out of 6 or 8 billion Earth inhabitants, some fraction is bound to be decent... And the lot will be full in no time...

[edit on 25-10-2004 by Aelita]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join