It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Immortality And The End of The World. (The Get Out of Jail Free Card)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
On September 23, 1186 John of Toledo claimed that the world would end. Again on April 5, 1761, William Bell foretold of "The end being nigh". There have been thousands of "End Times" predictions over the coarse of recorded history but alas the end has never come.

Why? Why does world always remain intact? You would think in a reality of "probability" that at least one of these prophecies may come close. But they never do. Are these people just cranks? nutters? Fools? Well many may be but remember that even the father of physics- Sir Isaac Newton has his own end of world date. which I'm willing to bet will also not come to be.

I propose a possible reason as to why they never get it right. Why the world keeps turning. And its called Quantum immortality .

A man sits down before a gun, which is pointed at his head. This is no ordinary gun; i­t's rigged to a machine that measures the spin of a quantum particle. Each time the trigger is pulled, the spin of the quantum particle -- or quark -- is measured. Depending on the measurement, the gun will either fire, or it won't. If the quantum particle is measured as spinning in a clockwise motion, the gun will fire.

If the quark is spinning counterclockwise, the gun won't go off. There'll only be a click. Nervously, the man takes a breath and pulls the trigger. The gun clicks. He pulls the trigger again. Click. And again: click. The man will continue to pull the trigger again and again with the same result: The gun won't fire. Although it's functioning properly and loaded with bullets, no matter how many times he pulls the trigger, the gun will never fire. He'll continue this process for eternity, becoming immortal.

-The above video is for entertainment proposes only-

What if Quantum Immortality is correct? What if the world has ended many-a-time but we have just failed to notice it?

Interesting thoughts to ponder.

ALS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The world have perhaps ended many times before, but for that to happen we have to consider other dimensions, because I am the living proof that this earth have not ending.. like blowing up that is.

But some scientist are fantasying about a endless number dimensions beyond our visible one, that would mean our earth have blown up endless times and with endless possibilities come the fact that there is a planet in another dimension where I rule as king of the world

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

I think you misunderstand. In the QS (quantum Suicide) model, a new universe is created, everything is the same accept for the fact you aren't dead.

Think of it this way. If you are the shooter, the person you are shooting will appear dead. If you are the shot nothing will have seemed to changed but what has actually happened is that you left the previous universe and a new one was created.

Its not the same as a parallel universe because everything would be the same.

ALS

edit on 8-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
This is a very interesting article regarding the OP.

m.io9.com...

ALS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Cool little video demonstrating quantum immortality.

ALS

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Double

ALS
edit on 8-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Bumped.

I really hope this thread is doing better in another universe.

ALS

top topics

join