It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road to Overman: Man's Evolution as Three Step Process

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Here I would like to describe the evolution of man as a three-part process. I will call these three stages primal, technological, and post-terrestrial. Here I will utilize two modes of mind that are within humans, roughly corresponding to the left and right hemispheres of the brain. Let us begin with primal man. Primal man has an inherent connection with nature, and the larger energies of reality. This allows for a simple, yet definite bliss, corresponding with a wonderful ‘imagination.’ Imagination here is not meant as ‘unreal,’ but rather a more intimate and obvious connection with your own mind, or subconscious, and your perceived reality.

Primal man inherently has many things that modern, technological man seeks in spirituality. Nonetheless, generally this is very innocent, and not understood. They are connected almost as an animal is connected, without even knowing. They do not possess the language or empirical data to deeply understand things, and develop consciousness with Will. Thus, people being ‘adept’ is rare. Nonetheless, it does happen. In early history, there are people who arise from time to time who we may call pre-mature post-terrestrials, or pre-evolutes. They personally realize, but there is no way to know now how far they went with their understanding. This is because, despite the levels of their realizations, the language and empirical data simply did not exist, as mentioned. Therefore, they had to speak using the language that was available to them, usually being mythological and religious in nature.

So when modern man looks back at these things, it looks superstitious. The adept has great levels of knowledge about reality, do not be mistaken. That is to say nothing about the people who surround this futant(having undergone a mutation of the future). The pre-mature post-terrestrial communicates his knowledge through the prevailing myths of his time, and his ‘followers’ may or may not actually understand what he is communicating. Regardless, his teachings begin to be repeated in rote fashion, and it gets spread through the masses in a superstitious, imprecise way, and the depth of meaning is largely lost, unless read by another individual who has worked such things out for himself. Primal man has a connection, although in its infancy, with the subconscious, and the right-hemisphere.

Eventually, technological man comes around. This corresponds to a realization of what we may call the computational mind. The linear, mathematical mind. This corresponds to the left hemisphere. This is when man begins to take off in an outwardly visible way. He starts advancing in terms of the sciences, as well as developing technology. Due to the obvious, demonstrable advances this allows, man becomes obsessed. More and more he loses touch with his connection to the larger reality, with his subconscious. Nonetheless, he continuously carries on, developing more and more in terms of science and technology. These are often used for nefarious purposes, due to the fact that technological man feels dis-connected, since he has lost touch with what we are associating with the right-hemisphere, or his subconscious, which is his connection to reality-at-large. Despite the fact that great advances are made, the technology can never develop to its full potential, until man crosses the bridge to what Friedrich Nietzsche calls the ‘Overman,’ and I call post-terrestrial, which using traditional terminology could be called Divine. It is for this purpose that technological man existed in the first place. Man is, indeed, but a bridge. To quote Nietzsche, on the over-man… “Man is a rope stretched between the animal and the Overman – a rope over an abyss…What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal.”

The reason the technology cannot be used to its potential is that the premise driving the whole technological search is strictly based off of the mode of reasoning characteristic of the left-hemisphere, linear-mathematical mind. This computational mind is very useful, but it is only really useful for specific purposes, and not as a foundational mode of reasoning. The holistic, right-hemisphere, unified mind is ‘meant to’ be the premise underlying thought. This is why the original man is connected, unified, holistic, rather than mathematical and technological.

We are now right at the end of the bridge, ready to cross over to the other shore. Overman is upon us. Everything is prepared, just waiting to be utilized in the proper way. Overman, the post-terrestrial, re-activates the unified right-hemisphere subconscious with greater proficiency than ever. This becomes the new foundation. With this new foundation, the computational mind is able to be used in far more efficient and creative ways than was possible before. There was a noticeable signal sent out in human society, which indicated that the time was near. I am speaking of the 60’s youth revolution. Their fascination with psychedelic compounds, and the integral part these played, demonstrates the widespread re-activation of the larger-mind of subconscious.

Nonetheless, take-off-point was not yet. The linear-mind had not yet produced its crown technology, which signifies the end of its dominance. I speak of the computer, whose stage is culminated with the internet. This is the sign of ‘completion’ of the computational mind, and the readiness to jump into the larger-mind. Overman will be able to live as though he were in a computer, in the internet. In fact, he may quite literally become integrated into a computer system. Overman will have real access to his subconscious, larger-mind, able to produce any perception or experience he can conceive of. Overman will not be bound to the earth. He will be a citizen of the universe, unbound to anything physical. The empirical data, technology, and theories have all reached a point that allows for the post-terrestrial Overman to be born. It awaits, right now…waiting to be decoded, and put together in the required way.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I guess im an overman then

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TheJourney

Firstly, I think you deserve a S&F.

Secondly, I have a question regarding your theory. What marked the end of the primal stage, and the beginning of the technological stage in mankind's evolution?

You stated the advent of the computer and the resultant addition of the internet was the culmination, and apparent end, of Technological man's reign, so I am trying to visualize a pattern.

I know evolution is gradual, so there are no overly visible demarcation lines, but, and to restate and de-generalise my original question, what would you say were the highlights that signaled the end for primal man, and opened the proverbial gates for technological man to start flooding in?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deemo Diablo
reply to post by TheJourney

Firstly, I think you deserve a S&F.

Secondly, I have a question regarding your theory. What marked the end of the primal stage, and the beginning of the technological stage in mankind's evolution?

You stated the advent of the computer and the resultant addition of the internet was the culmination, and apparent end, of Technological man's reign, so I am trying to visualize a pattern.

I know evolution is gradual, so there are no overly visible demarcation lines, but, and to restate and de-generalise my original question, what would you say were the highlights that signaled the end for primal man, and opened the proverbial gates for technological man to start flooding in?

Good question. As you say, it is not a thing that can be absolutely divided at a specific date. This is alluded to by the mention of 'pre-mature post-terrestrials,' since they technically activated aspects of consciousness that are still in general of the future for us today, hundreds or thousands of years ago. Nonetheless, I suppose you would have to mark two significant events that mark the transition from primal to technological. Thus you could perhaps speak of 'lower technology man' and 'higher technology man.' The first event, which you could say marks 'lower technology,' would be the invention of writing, and thus the 'creation of history' around 10,000 years ago. The second event, marking 'higher technology,' would be marked by the industrial revolution, 2-3 hundred years ago.
edit on 7-12-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
That sounds reasonable. When the logical side unites with the intuitive side, you will be able to create your own reality. This just means you will be more deluded than you are already.

Truth is found when one stops searching. There is nothing more required other than to just look. Do not judge, do not seek, just look. You have creative potential, but you are not in control. Trying to direct your experience cuts you off from your true power. Do not judge. Do not define. Just watch. What you see then will be an illusion, but at least it will not be a furthered one.

top topics

join