It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LISS off the charts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Could anyone explain why all of these seismic readings are pretty much off the charts?

I tend to notice it when there is more solar/meteor activity, However those are low today.

And all the readings are very high.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

i1359.photobucket.com...

i1359.photobucket.com...

s1359.beta.photobucket.com... - Russia

What's going on? This has happened before but then it went down to normal readings. Are they increasing the reading size every time this happens?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JrDavis
And all the readings are very high.

What's going on? This has happened before but then it went down to normal readings. Are they increasing the reading size every time this happens?

The readings were high at 12:00 Noon on many of the graphs.

Looks like mother Gaia is getting ready to show whos boss and crush the old world order with a world earthquake.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I show 11 quakes on my USGS feed dated 12/07 and running Mag 5 or above. It's been a busy day.

This is the chart for the Seismic sensor group at Binghamton, New York but it doesn't matter much... My USGS heliplots look the same, no matter where one pulls a tape from. It's been a wild day.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So what we are seeing is in fact increased seismic activity???

I was a believer it could be related to Solar activity and Meteors but those seem the norm.

What could cause such seismic activity across the globe?

Thank you for your response.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Could anyone explain why all of these seismic readings are pretty much off the charts?

They are all overloaded after picking up the big Japanese earthquake.
And yes, this is a serious answer.
As a seismometer owner, I can assure you that an earthquake of this magnitude gets a HUGE signal on every seismometer all around the world. (except for mine because it was switched off)
And yes, the shock wave echos for a number of hours, helped along by the aftershocks on that earthquake.

Take a random example, this one, and see that the signal is flat until shortly after the earthquake (08:18 UTC)...

edit on 7-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
This is rather odd, I operate a weather station over last 5 years, and when the earthquakes happened the pressure went up quite high, not seen so a fast increase in pressure ever before, it went from 998.2 up to 1014.1 that was within 2 hours today.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

So what we are seeing is the earth shaking due to the 7.3 in Japan today?

Why do we not feel this vibration? I mean I personally haven't but maybe others have?

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

reply to post by alfa1

Why do we not feel this vibration? I mean I personally haven't but maybe others have?

Yes. Seismographs all over the world registered it. We don't feel it because seismographs are very sensitive instruments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Why do we not feel this vibration?

The vibration exists, and is rather small, but can be calculated.
This page is such a calculator.

As a test, I plugged in the coordinates of London, and this is the result obtained for that big earthquake near Japan...

DATE-(UTC)-TIME LAT LON DEPTH MAG Q COMMENTS 2012/12/07 08:18:24 37.89N 144.09E 36.1 7.3 US: OFF EAST COAST OF HONSHU
Expected 20s period surface wave amplitude [ 1.38E+02 µm] [ 4.33E+01 µm/s]
Expected 1s period body wave amplitude [ 3.50E+00 µm] [ 2.20E+01 µm/s]

As you see, the amount of "shaking" felt in London would be in the micrometer scale, and the speed of the earth movement in micrometers per second.
Extremely tiny, measureable by sensitive equipment, but humans wont notice.

edit on 7-12-2012 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So what we are seeing is in fact increased seismic activity???

I was a believer it could be related to Solar activity and Meteors but those seem the norm.

What could cause such seismic activity across the globe?

Thank you for your response.

What we are seeing by the chart I posted isn't an increase in overall activity.... Today has had two MAJOR quakes in the world. One off the coast of Japan above 7 and another in New Zealand. This is a screen shot from the USGS feed on one of my sites.

Like I said, it has been a busy day...but much of that is after shocks. To be realistic. 2 notable events happened and the rest is background noise. Japan and NZ. Thats not common...on the same day..but hardly rare either. Nothing to worry about in it's own right, IMO.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor change to show IN ..not off the coast of NZ

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

and how many times has this happened and we woke up the next day............

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I hate to bring up an older thread, especially on a day where most people will think this has something to do with a cover up, but would there be any explanation as to why a LOT of LISS Stations are down right now?

top topics

join