It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

m.youtube.com troubles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Does anyone else depend on this site besides myself?

The normal desktop version locks up my 5 year old tablet so I have to use the mobile alternative one instead.

I also use a custom script called youtube-dl-x to download and view videos.

Because of the setup I have, YouTube doesn't track what I'm watching and the videos don't get a hit of me viewing any of them.

Anyway, the mobile site has been a little broken since earlier this September.

As of yesterday, if I click on Recommended, Popular, or even Browse Videos, I'm always led to this page.

m.youtube.com...

It's nothing, even though there are 41,000 subscribers to it.

Does anyone have a scoop as to what is going on here?

I miss watching current YouTube videos.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
As of yesterday YouTube changed up their design maybe thats whats going on.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Youtube changed their layout yesterday I believe, completely changed their homepage, and comments now show user's avatars, not sure what else was changed but I'm sure there are more, I personally can't stand this layout.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
5 year old tablet? Yikes, you mean laptop? 5 year old hardware in a tablet would be very hard to support.

But thats not the issue..

Umm, I just checked youtube, yeah it's all changed again. I'd say it's to do with what as others have said, I find their m. website is pointless and stick to desktop on my eken.

It's another one of those websites that think their html rendering is the best thing since sliced bread and don't care that it fails to work properly on a tablet. Buttons don't click sometimes, or the elements are hidden inside a text object which pretends to click, etc.. much like another forum I use that says it's got no intention of moving towards a mobile app, as the webpage works perfectly fine on a mobile device. I'm sure they looked at a jpeg of a screen shot of a work in progress sometime in 2010 so they are spot on when they say they know it works.

As it is with youtube, I have no idea, they've changed it non stop, intruding popups, obnoxious features, etc.. You know, I can't even find when someone hates me enough to send me a private message on there about how bad I suck.. I've probably got 500 messages on there.

And now from what I see, they are listing videos based on what I like. REALLY? WHAT DO I LIKE YOUTUBE?

GOd damn I'm looking up Mr Hands, Goatse, How to blow up a google farm, youtube backdoors, synthetic caffeine 101, granny loves mr pimples.. see what they throw at me... What I like.. morons..

Sorry OP, lol can't help... Seems like you've got some funky setup too, it is inevitable it will break eventually. Check into the newer tablets, under $200 you can get very decent hardware, don't expect ipad or htc quality tho, but web browsing, flash, email, videos, music, e-books.. no dramas..

DEAR GOD "granny loves mister pimples" results more beiber than I know what to do with...

THat's a good search engine. lmao

edit on 7-12-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-12-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Heya winofiend.

Thanks for the great post.

And yeah, it's actually a tablet not a laptop that is probably closer to being 6 years old now.

I have an Nokia N800.

It's quite a fun little, open device. Here's my custom desktop image of it.

I have unlimited free long distance, even to Canada, and unlimited text messaging by using Google Voice paired with a free SIP account from this site.
simonics.com...

I never had to pay a single cent for anything, including all of the applications this has.

Some of which are Telnet, SSH, VNC Viewer to control my home computer anywhere when I'm away.

I can read comic books, medical books in .chm format, .pdf and word document files. I even have an audio book reader to go along with this when I'm feeling too lazy to read.

It can run Palm OS 5 applications so I have like 36 medicals programs on it.

For games, it runs SCUMM (old graphic point and click adventures), Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo, Gameboy, Gameboy Advance, and even Dosbox.

There are two memory card slots so it supports 256+ Gigs of memory.

Also, the stereo speakers really pop with some great sound.

When this one dies, I have a brand new back up one already to use for another 6 years.

Anyway, I originally posted this in the general conspiracy forum.

I was wondering if YouTube was trying to weed out all of the people who use their service that they can't track online like myself.

I probably should have worded my thread a little better.

Well, I hope this gets fixed soon.

I would hate to sell out big time and buy myself a new Windows phone.

new topics

top topics

join