posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
A chemical container has exploded in Buenos Aires, Argentina, blanketing the capital in a huge toxic cloud. Residents are being told to stay
inside while a mass evacuation from the area surrounding the blast has been ordered, local media report.
The container filled with pesticide caught on fire after a chemical reaction between its contents and exploded. As the flames were put out, yellow
smoke billowed out of it. City officials believe the container may have been transporting garbage.
"The pesticide presents a low level of danger and affects the respiratory tract," said Sergio Berni, the national Security Secretary, as quoted by
C5N television channel.
The incident hit the city's Port Terminal 4 early in the morning. Several buildings in the port and the surrounding area were evacuated, according to
Buenos Aires's Civil Defense. Residents in near-by areas were told to stay indoors, close their windows and turn off air conditioning.
Holy crap would this be a scary thing to live through...if you did.
Of course they are going to say it isn't going to hurt anyone, they have to. Could you imagine what would happen if they told them, they will
probably all get cancer in the upcoming years, or some sort of respiratory problem?
I hope the best for these people, but, blanketed in a toxic cloud of smoke things appear to be grim...
Thought I would share this with all of you as my eyes almost popped out of my head reading the article.