It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I travel on Dec 21? Not what you think

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

So every year we head over the hills and through the woods to Grandmother's house. This year we plan to make the journey on Dec. 21. Hence this thread, as I would like your advice.

Let me state that I do NOT believe anything will happen on this date.

However, I'm wondering if there might be problems because of hysteria or mass panic that we might encounter while we travel. In other words, people rioting or what have you. I know, kinda silly, but I have a child to think about.

What do you suggest, ATS? We can leave on the 20th, but would be forced to travel late at night.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Are you driving?
If so, I would think your going to be just fine.
Unfortunately, many people, like myself, will be at work, (or our Christmas party there.) so it should be pretty smooth sailing.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Unless you are living in Russia, I don't think you will have a problem.

Also, I would of thought the people who think somethings going to happen, would be in some bunker somewhere safely out of our way.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I think you will be fine to travel on the 21st. Do you remember the Harold Camping rapture date? The only riot that happened on that date was people poking fun of it and tweeting out funny "I've been raptured photos". And that was on a Saturday when more people would have had the day off.

I think your main trouble will be the hectic holiday travel that happens every year! It gets crazy out there from that alone.

Regardless of the date you choose, have safe travels and I hope you have a Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Yes you should continue your plans for the 21st , I seriously doubt the roads will be full of panicking doomers as most of them will be here waiting for confirmation that its started ..... which of course it won't

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I've been travelling around New Zealand and Australia this month.

I'll be in mid-air on the 21st of December, flying back home.

So if anything sour goes down, at least I'll have a great view...

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Personally, I think that many people (on ATS and just online in general) are greatly overestimating and over-exaggerating the amount of people who give a crap, and pay attention to Doomsday nonsense.

Most people don't even realize that there are gullible idiots who believe something will happen.

Even if taking into consideration only the people who are aware of the ridiculous claims, it is still only a small percentage whom do not have enough common sense to understand that the whole thing is nothing more than a big pile of [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/ai500829c4.gif[/atsimg]

It won't be any different from any other year.

edit on 12/5/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Well myself for one, I'll be on the road going home to celebrate christmas with my family, so if whatever happens I'll be driving through it
)))))

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Best advise is always,

Listen to what your gut tells you.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Thanks everyone,

we are driving, and I think we'll just take it like it was any other day.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Everything will be otay panky!

top topics

join