It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open World Games? (XBOX 360)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What are the best open world games for the 360? Games like Skyrim where you can go exploring anywhere you want.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Fallout 3/New Vegas, Fable I/II/III, Assassin's Creed I/II/III/Brotherhood/Revelations, GTA IV, Farcry 3, Red Dead Redemption.

These are my favourite ones, excluding Skyrim and Oblivion, you already mentioned one so I assume you're aware of the other. GTA V will be coming out in 4-5 months or so.
edit on 3-12-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Farcry 3 just came out, supposed to be really good. Big, open world island, lots of bears and tigers and sleezbags to kill.

GTA4 obviously... and Oblivion.

Fallout 3 and new vegas.

and Two Worlds.

Not much that can match Skyrim, I would go with Farcry 3 if your getting something.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Fallout 3/New Vegas are pretty good. GTA is nice but it isn't open world from the get go. Far Cry 3 is supposed to be good and the Assassin's Creed games are great. I would also recommend Kingdoms of Amalur and my current favorite, Dragon's Dogma.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
People have said Farcry 3 is like Skyrim with guns.

It is, I got bored with the massiveness of it and started using a memory editor.. lol.

there's only so many times you get attacked by a pack of dogs and get mauled to death reloading before you hack the game and give yourself the flame thrower with unlimited ammo..

Fable 3 seems to have a number of invisible walls, so I don't think it's really an open world game. Nice tho, a lot better than Id expected.

Serious Sam HD.. that is big and open and funny as hell to boot

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
The Mass Effect trilogy is another good one

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Sleeping Dogs is GTA genre, Hong Kong. Though I am just getting it running on my PC, I can say it has a detailed and large environment. Spectacular looking. I am newly gaming, and play Skyrim.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ecapsretuo
Sleeping Dogs is GTA genre, Hong Kong. Though I am just getting it running on my PC, I can say it has a detailed and large environment. Spectacular looking. I am newly gaming, and play Skyrim.

Sleeping Dogs isn't really a true open world game

It is more of a game which allows one to explore within a linear space...you can't travel off of the roads...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Open world games for the Xbox 360

Far Cry 3:

This game has recently hit store shelves and is great,if you are up for a bit of insanity that is:

Assassin's Creed Series

The first one is a couple of years old, but in my opinion, one of the best AC games to date. It places you in the time era of the 3rd Crusade:

The second one is from 2009 and lets you run around Renaissance Italy:

AC Brotherhood and AC Revelations are like shorter versions of AC2; they are basically fill in games.

The third Assassin's Creed game puts you in the shoes of an assassin in revolutionary America:

The Elder Scrolls Series

Oblivion and Skyrim are both on the 360. Personally, i prefer Oblivion:

Oblivion:

I think you already know what Skyrim is...

The Fallout Series

Fallout 3 was alright, i liked New Vegas more though.

Fallout 3:

New Vegas:

Sleeping Dogs

While it really isn't and "open world game," it still lets the player run around in an open area. It restricts the player to four (or five?) districts of Hong Kong:

Red Dead Redemption

edit on 4-12-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. The videos trailers posted were extra cool.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i've been playing far cry 3 and it's good.
many open world games get a bit dull after a while but far cry 3 is still entertaining me for the moment... just be carefull in the water, crocodiles love to surprise you.

next open world games i want are GTA 5 and Metal gear: project zeros.

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
My daughter ask me a Xbox or a Ps3 for christmas shall i buy an Xbox or a Ps3 ?

and what is the diference ?
edit on 6-12-2012 by jahlv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jahlv

Depends on what you are looking for.

Both consoles are basically the same, although the PS3 comes in on top in regards to technology. The Xbox only plays DVDs whereas the PS3 plays both DVDs and Blu-Ray discs. Multi-platform games tend to look and run better on the Xbox however. The games still run excellent on the PS3, just not up to the same standards. The PS3 does however, run exclusive games great. The PS3 also acts as a computer, allowing one to surf the internet. You can also play online games for free (unlike the Xbox which requires one to pay).

Overall, both consoles are good, but the PS3 slightly takes the edge in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Your daughter is awesome
As a female gamer, it's always nice to hear our ranks our increasing.

As the poster above me said, the only real difference is that the PS3 can play Blurays.
Personally, I have both, and I consider the Xbox to be more of a social console. Many games that come with downloadable content seem to release it on Xbox first.

They both have a really good online store for buying games (though on Xbox, you will need Xbox Live - which starts off at being free, or you can pay a small fee (£6 in the UK per month) to access the online multiplayer functionality. Might not be something she's interested in right now, but then I don't know how old she is.
PS3 also offers a premium online service, but I don't subscribe to it so I don't know how much it is. I do know however that PS3 gold service sometimes offers free downloads.

I also prefer Xbox. This is because the majority of my friends play it, I like unlocking and collecting achievements and the games that are Xbox exclusive really do it for me.

I have a friend who works in a repairs centre, and he constantly curses Sony for their poor console builds. He constantly has machines in that need new motherboards and all sorts.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Depends. The poster before me sites Xbox as being the more social one but I'd say that PS3 is. There is a certain stigma attached to the maturity levels of Xbox players (not saying they are true) and I'd personally feel better about my daughter playing with a PS3 player base than with a bunch of foulmouthed Halo players.

Plus PS3 has Home which is like an MMO but exclusively for socializing. It's a great place to meet gamers to actually play with.

If she is more of a loner type of gamer, I'd just look at the exclusive titles each one has and choose based on that. PS3 has Bluray which is cool but otherwise, it's pretty much about the exclusives and what her friends play on. Generally, FPS fans tend to gravitate towards Xbox and third-person gamers tend to play more on PS3. Not sure why the disparity there but I'm guessing it's something to do with exclusives.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
thank you for your comments about my dilemma.

Definitely im going to buy the Ps3 for what you guys described the Ps3 look like the most suitable for her and also for me.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jahlv

Personally. I have only had xbox's.

The plurality of that last statement is the problem, I've had 4 in the last 5 years and every one of them has broken just outside of the warranty period with the dreaded red ring of death.

I'm not sure why I keep buying them, maybe familiarity, maybe hypnosis, maybe the microchip that Microsoft implanted in my brain.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

i've played all the halo games and i find no-one talks at all.
but call of duty on any console is the most racists fueled shouting ever.

my firend has both ps3 and xbox, he played a few exclusive games on ps3 then never touched it again.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieSlayer

Crackdown
Crackdown 2

Saints Row the Third is also open world in the GTA genre of gaming.

Just Cause 2 is open world as well.

top topics

join