It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How and Where do you want your end to be?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
We have all thought about it, feared it, questioned it and some have even welcomed it.

Death...The final chapter or just the end of one chapter before the next page? And this, we've all wondered about.

So my question is how and where you would personally want your end to be? It's not intended to be a depressing question but rather one of personal enlightenment and sharing with others.

I have thought about this since I was a teenager and I guess that's where many start to question their end. It's natural at that age to question death but also to live like we have no fear and that it will never happen, could never happen to us personally.

So, my perfect ending?

Under a very old tree with the setting sun, warm on my face just low enough to see the first stars and the moon with a good book in my lap. A cool glass of fresh natural spring water nearby. The tree would be next to a river or stream. It must be flowing water because I want to hear it, feel it along with the wind and birds, insects surrounding me.

I would want it to be near some type of ancient structure that I could gaze upon with wonder of those that came before me. I don't want to know the answers, just the wonder. Perhaps Angkor Wat or the Itsukushima Shrine of Japan.

And then slowly close my eyes for a short nap...

See? How could I be depressed at that point in time?

Anyways, just curious as to what others have imagined for their final moments.

Peace

ETA:

Having read the posts so far I've just realized without seeing it at first, that I've gotten to know each member on a level of which we may have never have had the opportunity to do so.

Thanks for sharing a very intimate thought.

Peace

edit on 3-12-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
If I could choose the end?

On a high speed run through the Utah salt flats. Preferably above 250mph in an explosion that ends it instantly.

I've thought long and hard about this question.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I would be asleep... deep in a dream.

And suddenly i would hear a familar voice that said... Its time to come home my son...

I would know this voice even though don't remember hearing it before...

It is so compelling that i must follow it...

Then i would awake to what was before...

And remember who I AM... and always will be

It seems like i've done this before...

Great thread by the way S&F

edit on 3-12-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
If I could choose the end?

On a high speed run through the Utah salt flats. Preferably above 250mph in an explosion that ends it instantly.

I've thought long and hard about this question.

Peace.

Just a little different from mine...

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by jude11

I would be asleep... deep in a dream.

And suddenly i would hear a familar voice that said... Its time to come home my son...

I would know this voice even though don't remember hearing it before...

It is so compelling that i must follow it...

Then i would awake to what was before...

And remember who I AM... and always will be

It seems like i've done this before...

Great thread by the way S&F

edit on 3-12-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

That's a cool thought.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Yes,just a nap under a tree on a warm summer day in a meadow with a slight breeze.
That's how I would like to go verses a....................

Not going to say it or I will jinx myself.

I think about it everyday and think about my children and wife and what would happen if I was no longer there for them.

Peace,
K

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I used to think I'd want to die sleeping. Not so much now tho.... I'm getting old enough now to where that wouldn't be sudden and death in bed isn't peaceful if it's come at the end of suffering illness. So, I can think of many ways I would NOT want to go..... Burning, drowning and drugs come to mind. They either work horribly well, or do NOT work often enough with nightmarish results for life that I'll pass if given the choice.

To be totally honest, I think if I had my choices and all things are equal, I'd prefer it in a massive blast of some kind where I either triggered it or was right near the guy who did. Instant and no chance to survive. The lights just wink out. Poof..... Or... Being shot by someone at a distance who KNOWS how to shoot a gun. lol... Again, instant lights out and no pain, no muss...no regrets. In my belief system 'I'll be back' takes on new context and indeed...in a year or two or three it'll be time to start all over again. goo goo ga ga.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
"I don't mind dying, I just don't want to be there, when it happens" Woody Allen

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I'd like to die of old age on the top of a mountain, sleeping in a sleeping bag while overlooking Earth and the heavens.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I used to think I'd want to die sleeping. Not so much now tho.... I'm getting old enough now to where that wouldn't be sudden and death in bed isn't peaceful if it's come at the end of suffering illness. So, I can think of many ways I would NOT want to go..... Burning, drowning and drugs come to mind. They either work horribly well, or do NOT work often enough with nightmarish results for life that I'll pass if given the choice.

To be totally honest, I think if I had my choices and all things are equal, I'd prefer it in a massive blast of some kind where I either triggered it or was right near the guy who did. Instant and no chance to survive. The lights just wink out. Poof..... Or... Being shot by someone at a distance who KNOWS how to shoot a gun. lol... Again, instant lights out and no pain, no muss...no regrets. In my belief system 'I'll be back' takes on new context and indeed...in a year or two or three it'll be time to start all over again. goo goo ga ga.

I've also thought of the quick and violent end and it would have to be because I was either doing something I truly love or sacrificing myself for someone who couldn't help themselves. Friend or stranger doesn't really matter.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

If I could choose my own ending I would be on the porch in a rocking chair watching the sun set as I fall asleep to the sound of my great great grandchildren giggling as they chase their new puppy around the back yard, never to awaken again.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jude11

If I could choose my own ending I would be on the porch in a rocking chair watching the sun set as I fall asleep to the sound of my great great grandchildren giggling as they chase their new puppy around the back yard, never to awaken again.

That's a nice thought.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I want to be the white center of an oreo with 2 hot cookies 1 on each side.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Heart attack while taking a dump.

Just being realistic here.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Heart attack while taking a dump.

Just being realistic here.

If that's your desire I wish you the best and may all your dreams come true...

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I want to die quietly in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Or...

I want to be shot at 99 years old by a 22 year old jealous husband with a beautiful young wife and a darn good reason to shoot me.

Serious answer...

I have no fear of death. I believe in an afterlife and the most important thing is to get there. The only thing I do fear about death is how I would go. I don't want to be in screaming in pain in a cancer ward for six month before they finally pull the plug on me. So really what is more important to me is not how I die but how I don't want to die.
edit on 3-12-2012 by happykat39 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

So really what is more important to me is not how I die but how I don't want to die.

I get that. Great insight.

Thanks

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Id like to die wrapped in the arms of an angel floating into heaven with a smile on my face..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I would prefer to die doing something meaningful. I'd know it when I saw it.

My chances are high for a car accident or crossfire where I live so I do my very best to stay vigilant enough to see a nice peaceful death.

If anywhere, somewhere tropical! most likely in Canada though hehe hopefully overlooking the ocean or mountains or forest, my favourite places.
edit on 4-12-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'd always thought something awesome like a naked girl avalanche, or even saving the world fighting off zombies allowing people to escape to continue civilisation while I died heroically....

Realistically, I think I'd just like to fall asleep one night after a good read and a few drinks, and basically just never wake up. I couldn't imagine a more peaceful way to go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join