It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haunted Night Stand?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Alrighty folks ths happened about two months ago and it may be electrical but for the believers it may have been a relative. It was perhaps just before noon when I was cleaning our bedroom. I was cleaning the wood floor with some polish/cleaner when I notice the underside of my nightstand go on.

In the past this particular nightstand that I purchased from Jordan's Furniture has a phone charger drawer built in with extra outlets in it. My wife had charged her phone a few times as of recently and her phone would charge off and on. I plugged my iphone charger into the plug one evening and my charger shorted out. Clearly there is an electrical problem with that particular plug so I put a safety cover on it and I know it very well could be a serious hazard.

Fast foward a couple of weeks later maker a whisker longer to the day I was cleaning the bedroom. I noticed the light go on and I freezed a bit and asked if someone turned it on. It then went off and I walked over to the nightstand (i'm getting goosebumps now) and said out loud if someone is there can you turn it on again and it went on again. This particular nightstand has a touch senser on the side of the nightstand that is away from my bed oposite side similiar to the tough lamps. I asked again, if someone is here can you turn the lightstand on and it did. I asked the next question if you are one of my relatives can you turn it off and it again complied and shut off. I then asked if this was my grandmother or my wifes father could you turn it on and it did go on again. I was nervous but strangely enough not that nervous..more adrenaline than anything I guess for the moment.

This whole interaction took about 3 minutes tops and at that point I unplugged the nightstand and plugged it back in...no longer was it going off and on. Part of me wants and I mean wants to believe that it was something more but the somewhat logical side wants me to side with the previous electrical issue.

As far as the light going on or off after the question it was immediate and I have not tried communicating again and we still use the other electrical ports to charge our phones..I'm of the mindset that I do believe in other wordly things obviously being on this site but I have a healthy dose of scepticism. Just thought I would share this odd occurrence...and the nightstand is not an antique as it was purchased from a furniture chain here in Massachusetts.

edit on 2-12-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Being a one time occurence, it may not be anything paranormal. I would pay attention to if it keeps happening and if other things are going on.
edit on 2-12-2012 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I would take it apart and try to fix the short if there is one, or have someone look at it. If theres nothing wrong with the wiring or sensor then maybe it is paranormal..

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Ha, I clicked reading "haunted 1 night stand?"

Was a bit disappointed to be honest. haha
You were probably lightly bumping the connection, considering you had been cleaning.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Did you have your cell phone plugged in near the touch sensor while this was happening?

Just thinking it may be RF interference caused by the cell phone being near the sensor.

Try placing the cell phone near the sensor again and using the cell phone in different modes, I.E. use the internet, download something, use it to make a call, plug it in unplug it etc..etc.

See if you can get it to reproduce the same effect you experienced.

Looking up possible causes:

touch sensors and Cell phones
edit on 3-12-2012 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Well, unlike the other posters here, I think it could have been paranormal (check out my signature), being that it did what you asked, when you asked.

If you are still unsure, do it again and find out. Could be a relative trying to let you know they are still with you. Spirits communicate through electrical devices easier than anything else because they draw energy from them.

If it doesn't happen again, then it was probably a short, or the spirit gave up, since you didn't believe the first time they tried.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Kill it with fire and never buy from Ikea again!!

Sorry, I don't mean to make light of your situation, but if you've previously seen you have issues with the power strip on that cabinet, and never had anything paranormal happen before, it could easily be a fluke.

That much said, was the light plugged into the powerstrip of the cabinet? Or a wall outlet? Has it ever displayed erratic behavior before with the light? What kind of cleaning were you doing? Vacuuming? Maybe the amperage draw from the vacuum was causing the flickering.

On the other hand, it could be legitimately paranormal. It's certainly not been ruled out yet, and with the paranormal we can't always apply logic to it, however much we may need to.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

Nope no bumping and for purpose of clarification I am not 100% sold on the idea of paranormal but I think with so many ghostly encounters there can always be some mitigating circumstances that prove other wise...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertF

No and I'm not trying to justify paranormal monkey business...I can see how someone could easily bet their bottom dollar on this being paranormal if they really wanted to...strange coincidence certainly possible...passed relatives picking a horrible time to communicate I guess also possible...fun experience regardless

new topics

top topics

join