It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone notice the moon last night?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Okay the other day the moon was higher in the sky but last night when I got home after work it looked lower than the other night. And of course Jupiter was much further away then it was before. Now watch tonight, I bet the moon is going to be higher in the sky.

I don't know, it just looked way off last night.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
They say the moon is always about the same size in the sky,

But on my way home the other night the moon was massive coming over the horizon and much smaller only 20-30 minutes later when higher in the sky.

I know this is supposed to be an illusion as you have points of references near the ground , but it looked so F-ing huge!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soapusmaximus

They say the moon is always about the same size in the sky,

Who says that?

The lower that it is on the horizon, the bigger it appears. Doesn't exactly make sense, because it is actually further away at that point. When it is directly overhead is when it is the closest to you.

I think it has something to do with a magnifying effect brought on due to the fact that when it is low on the horizon, the light is traveling through much more of our atmosphere before it reaches your eyes.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Okay the other day the moon was higher in the sky but last night when I got home after work it looked lower than the other night. And of course Jupiter was much further away then it was before. Now watch tonight, I bet the moon is going to be higher in the sky.

It constantly moves, and so do we.

top topics

join