It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

107 Billion dead yet so few ghosts?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This fact got me to thinking.... If there have been that many people died in history then why so few ghosts?

Is this "proof" that the whole ghost and spirit thing is hogwash? Surely we should see them all over the place right?

There are currently seven billion people alive today and the Population Reference Bureau estimates that about 107 billion people have ever lived.

What say you ATS?

BBC news do the dead outnumber the living

It's an interesting article anyway

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
lol i love the bit where they say back in 50,000bc there were 2 people.

Thats been explained to be false many times. I think it was 7 or 9 that could start a population, not 2

If people are reincarnated as many believe this would shrink the number a lot, but it would also mean more souls are being created as the population is growing. Who knows. i dont

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Id say the majority of them are out adventuring through out the cosmos, atleast thats what id be doing. Maybe a few are afraid to leave the place they know out of fear of losing the few memories that they have left? What I've experienced kinda makes me biased because I have no other explanation other than ghost to explain it. Maybe an explanation will arise to change my mind?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wellsybelieves

i heard about a so called "passing over". ghosts are supposed to be spirits, which haven't passed over and roam the earth. reason could be unfinished business or loved ones, that are still alive.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I haven't been attacked by any ghosy t-rexs lately so maybe there isn't any lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Many cultures have different beliefs with regards to ghosts. Many believe that some souls refuse to move on at the point of death, they don't realise their dead or they dont believe in an afterlife so continue to linger on. Of course most of us have heard of spirts that have unfinished business and wont leave till its completed or some message passed.

If this is so then most surely pass on at the time of death leaving only a few to wander in death.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
''Ghosts'' are simply spirits that still have a deep connection with earth, aka they are not ready to leave to the 4th dimension or however you want to call it.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
lol i love the bit where they say back in 50,000bc there were 2 people.

Thats been explained to be false many times. I think it was 7 or 9 that could start a population, not 2

Actually, I think the minimum number of humans needed to ensure a healthy mix of DNA is 1,000 - 3,000. Don't remember exactly but it's around there. I wonder if any of them are still roaming the earth in search of lost loved ones that died in the last extinction level event?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
107 billion people have ever lived?

Probably closer to one tenth that number.

Oops forgot to post on topic....

You don't see all those ghosts because most of those dead guys went into the light.
The only ghosts we see are the ones that don't go into the light. Dontcha watch movies?
edit on 2-12-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I would like a answer which would tell me how many souls actually there is, at the moment 7 billion and counting, seems that Guf is not empty yet.

if there is 7 billion souls, they would have been reincarnated about 15-16 times. ghosts are souls who have stucked here for various reasons, not wanting to go, love of materialism or people of their times, wrongly treated and so on...

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
107 billion people have ever lived?

Probably closer to one tenth that number.

Oops forgot to post on topic....

You don't see all those ghosts because most of those dead guys went into the light.
The only ghosts we see are the ones that don't go into the light. Dontcha watch movies?
edit on 2-12-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

There are 7 billion in the world now

Are you telling me only another 3 billion lived ever?

1.6 billion people alive in 1900 certainly aren't now that leaves 1.4 billion humans before around 1800 your maths is wrong.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wellsybelieves

Is this "proof" that the whole ghost and spirit thing is hogwash? Surely we should see them all over the place right?

You're looking at it backwards. No evidence could ever prove that they don't exist.

There is no proof of their existence. You shouldn't need any more than that.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There is only one soul.

we are all part of it.

It is infinite and can create as many parts as it feels the need to.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

So as not to completely waste this post, I'll pretend that I'm a religious nut, and say this:

[color=7AFF70]It's because all of the good people are in Heaven, and all of the baddies are in Hell. Those few ghosts that are occasionally seen, are just the sad souls whom are trapped in purgatory. They don't even know that they're dead.

ooops....Nevermind X2 ....Delete....
I thought your post was directed at the OP.

I'm obviously not very attentive at the moment.[color=666666]Since that is you.

edit on 12/2/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/2/12 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

The informational realm and the material realm are extremely incompatible (it's complicated but it's the difference between stasis and change, which is as fundamental as an incompatibility can possibly be) and it takes a lot of expertise and determination to "catch up" to the relentless reconfiguration of the material realm if you aren't inherently part of that constant flurry of readjustment. A good analogy is trying to communicate with the people on a passenger train as it whisks by, as you stand on a platform next to the tracks. To those people on the train, you showed up for a moment and then vanished. You can see the train carrying them speed away, but to them, you disappeared as soon as you showed up in the window. Good luck trying to get a message through, as they sit there and do their crossword puzzles or converse with one another - or sleep. Their actual experience of sailing along at 50+ mph is motionlessness. Their realm is completely incompatible to yours, and yet you both exist as human beings within an overarching reality confine.

The capacity of mediums to see and talk with dead people is due to a very rare "glitch" in how their minds process external information coming into their brains for inclusion within their "memory data cloud". "Spirits" are a unique form of information, and most mind/brain data processes don't allow that form of information to be processed (preventing it from being unduly influential) in a version of cognitive dissonance. Mediums are inherently dysfunctional in that sense, although this dysfunction does have its own value, since it's responsible for humanity's awareness of its own eternal nature, even while it's engaged in its corporeal development stage. No human culture that's ever existed has been free of the conviction that there is more to heaven and earth than what can be seen, and this is why.

The reason why there's no real concern - from that side of the veil - that we (on this side) learn the actual relationship between their realm and ours, is due to the fact that they know that we'll all end up there anyway. Besides, they had to go through the whole pain-in-the-ass of not knowing, so why should we be let off easy. They're people after all. No mystery there either.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
If souls/ghosts exist, and I'm not saying they do because I don't know, then there could be any number of reasons why we don't see more of the dead amongst us. We don't have any answers so the answers could be anything. Pure speculation.

My mother claimed to have seen her father's ghost/soul/whatever at the moment he died. Nobody else in her family did. That was almost 23 years ago and I still don't even know if she actually saw what she claimed. Wondering why his ghost only appeared to her is speculation mounted on top of another mystery.

Let's try to settle once and for all whether or not humans have some type of ghost before we ask questions about them. How about that?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by wellsybelieves
This fact got me to thinking.... If there have been that many people died in history then why so few ghosts?

There are currently seven billion people alive today and the Population Reference Bureau estimates that about 107 billion people have ever lived.

What say you ATS?

BBC news do the dead outnumber the living

It's an interesting article anyway

I think the truth of the matter lies in the fact that most people are simply too stupid to ever become ghosts. I don't mean this as an insult to the vast majority of humanity, but I refuse to believe that human beings are by default sentient. A good chunk of people lack any degree of awareness beyond their own petty thoughts, then factor in total lack of awareness. It is rare for a person to be perceptive, and it is common for ghosts to be locked in a certain time-frame, repeating the instance of their death or some other event over and over again as if the world never changed, funny that.

Here is the thing though, suppose ghosts do exist, how do they exist? Seriously how would ghosts exists? If I had to guess they exist within the Earth Geomagnetic field. And what seems to happen ever few ten thousand years or so? A polar shift that reboots said Geomagnetic field......... Funny that problem solved. Every few thousand years they get erased when the field fade as the poles shift. If parts of the field stay around(if the field just becomes really, really weak but some of it remains) it could mean many different things.

For example the "soul" (see www.iol.co.za... )
could transfer to the Geomagnetic field.

What happens next depends on a key factor: Is what it the quantum perspective that is being imprinted or is it merely a recording?

If it is a recording it stands to reason that it should disappear when the geomagnetic field begins to fade. It may take several pole shifts for the recording to be wiped out. If it is a quantum perspective then, that is probably beyond my reasoning capabilities but I will still give it a try:

Suppose the QP(Quantum perspective) has to endure a geomagnetic fading. If it survives it should be able to become very powerful, as it can recover in the renewed Geomagnetic Field(what happens if a QP survives dozens of go though?) If a QP doesn't survive as the faded Geomagnetic Field may not be able to store all the data of so many souls, where does it go? I would imagine it would be sucked into the nearest large geomagnetic field: the Sun, as energy cannot be created or destroyed(or something like that). Or the QP could get stuck on another planet/solar system/ who knows?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack

i heard about a so called "passing over". ghosts are supposed to be spirits, which haven't passed over and roam the earth. reason could be unfinished business or loved ones, that are still alive.

That's an interesting statement. Do you or any-other ATS member here believe there are ghost or spirits on-board sunken submarines or still in the bowels of navy ships at the bottom of the sea's?
What about the planes of WWI and WWII or any conflict, to include bombers that caught fire and blew-up in midair, are their spirits in those vast area's of the sky and oceans?

These has always interested me, YES, I'm a believer, but then again, my culture still to this day pays tributes to our ancestors.
My husband has told me stories of his second tour in Vietnam and his friend that whispered in his ear warnings.
He said he actually seen him twice and neither of those times was he Drunk or Stoned, Scared The Sh*t Out Of Him!
But they where like brothers and to this day, my husband still does not talk about the events but he also believes .
I would like to know more, I also believe spirits stay behind because of unfinished business or to protect the ones they love or care for most.
Seriously, what do you think?
edit on 4-12-2012 by guohua because: Spell Check

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Do you or any-other ATS member here believe there are ghost or spirits on-board sunken submarines or still in the bowels of navy ships at the bottom of the sea's?

i don't know. the expression s.o.s. (save our souls), could mean, save our souls, even if our bodies are drowned ? maybe it is important, that the body is recovered for the soul to be redeemed.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
I've thought about this quite a lot.
I've also considered how this works in cases where numerous ghosts are seen simultaneously. There is one case in England where a home-owner has experienced an entire regiment of soldiers walking through the house. Another military site has several soldiers all believed to be from the same disastrous event appearing at the same time. So how does this happen, do they all have a meeting and decide to have re-enactments?

Then I consider that there does seem to be two types of haunting or sighting, the ones where they are seemingly able to interact with us, and those where it just seems to be a recording replaying. From my experience, all those where there are more than one, like the soldiers, don't interact with us. So that lends support to the idea that there are indeed intelligent hauntings and residual too.

As for the billions of dead who should be around us all the time, consider where you are, in a town or city. Would they be there? Then consider the reports of "elemental" spirits, described as violent, malevolent, almost non-Human...

If we accept the premise that some choose to stay, or choose to show the living that they are there to communicate something, where would the limit be? Why would someone who died a thousand years ago have any motivation to try to communicate with a race of people they cannot understand?

Then you have to consider why a Human from thousands of years ago would want to have anything to do with the modern world. Think about that, you're a person who died before the written word existed, wouldn't you be staying away from the alien-like creatures and their illuminated caves filled with noise and creatures communicating in a language you don't understand?

Personally, I believe we are all energy, and that when we leave that energy returns to something bigger. Some choose to remain, or choose to try to appear to others in order to communicate something. Perhaps they can come and go as they please?
What reason would an ancient soul from thousands of years ago have to make their presence known?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join