It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 - Let me help you.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I am sick to the back teeth of reading on Facebook, the internet, and hearing, about the end of the world on the 21st of December 2012, or the end of the world as we know it - a spiritual awakening. All of it is based on Mayan calendars, created centuries ago, that end on this date. People interpret it as the end of the world. Basically it meant the end of an age just like the way the zodiac works. I know most people on here know this. I won't go into that.

If they were so [snip] clever at predicting the future, how come they didn't foresee the arrival of the Spanish Conquistadors? I know what the spiritual awakening will be. All those that believed the world was going to end will wake up on the 22nd and feel like complete idiots. No point in buying Christmas presents, is there? So allow me to help you on the road to your "spiritual" awakening.

Please send all your cash, precious metals, iPads, iPods, computers, mobile phones, BluRays, huge TV's and valuable possessions to me. Please contact me via private messaging to make the necessary arrangements. No refund policy applies.

edit on 2-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
they actually did 'see' [foresee] the arival of the spanish, they just didn't have enough 'conspiracy theorists' around to warn them of their impending doom !

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by itchy_tartan_blanket

I hope you're a patient kind of guy. I figure we have 19 more tin foil days left before the big kahoona and some people have spent large %'s of their life fortunes and time for years to build up to whatever this is. If it's only human stupidity reacting to what perception says should happen, it'll be a show worth paying attention to that day anyway.

I've been absolutely shocked by the shows on TV talking to the companies who have cashed in by making 2012 shelters for private people. The rates run from the 4 figure thousands into 7 figures...a Million + dollars...for a bunker to prepare for a date just under 3 weeks away.

Personally, I don't think much will happen. We're too close and the only place I've ever thought it could come from would have warned us long before now that something was coming fast to greet us. Nothing out there....just the regular space junk. There is plenty back here in Earth though. Plenty to make people do crazy things on the 21st. That concerns me more at this point than anything else I think. A world class event of 'dumb' is going to happen.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

As well as a breakthrough/major change in communication. (i.e. the internetz)

2nd

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I am sure you sensed my joke....

The sad fact of the matter is that this is causing a lot problems in its wake. Suicides of kids, depressions, people cashing in. Ah wait, that is what I attempted.

What do you think the new date of destruction will be?

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I am sick to the back teeth of reading on Facebook, the internet, and hearing, about the end of the world on the 21st of December 2012, or the end of the world as we know it - a spiritual awakening.

So sick of it, in fact, that you added to the gazillion threads we already had on it.

Seriously, there will be some sad news on that day, I'm afraid. Stories of people who flipped out, and/or killed themselves, and their families. Stories of people who are now financially strapped because all of their life savings went into preparation for an unlikely event. And on and on.

What is so unfortunate, is that the warnings throughout history that should have been heeded, weren't. Warnings the masses weren't able to comprehend, or fit into their world view. The "apocalypses" we are facing this century will probably make many people wish the world would have ended in 2012.

Yes, something earth shattering could happen the 21rst of this month, or thereabouts. But if it does, it probably isn't going to be as easy to deal with as the end of the world.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

That's easy... Next long term doom date is already set. People are just too busy focusing in this for the moment. That'll change soon enough when the 21st becomes past tense. A little rock with an attitude named Apophis may just come and punch us right in the nose at a distant point.....not distant enough. We'll all be alive to see if it pans out or not, anyway. I'd say that's the next long term one for people to fret about.

Short term? The Solar Max is peaking 1st quarter, into 2nd quarter of 2013. Although, oddly, the solar flare charts I've looked at which show the prediction line for this cycle also show the actual activity lines diverging recently and quite sharply. Activity is far below what it actually ought to be for this stage of the cycle by predictions. Did this cycle just kinda run out of gas on us or could it be building back pressure for a good release, for lack of a better term? ...Or it could be a passing statistical anomaly. The NASA charts show that happening in the past too.

So since you mention the question of dates? Never fear... It's ATS.
There are definitely dates ahead beyond this one and I've started a little research for some to have threads ready when the subjects become topical. I'll bet others have too.

edit on 2-12-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Its NOT just Mayan. Many cultures focus on this date.

At some point it will all be obvious even to those with eyes wide shut

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It feels like I've seen this thread before... Maybe it's a Deja Vu.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I am sick to the back teeth of reading on Facebook, the internet, and hearing, about the end of the world on the 21st of December 2012, or the end of the world as we know it - a spiritual awakening.

So sick of it, in fact, that you added to the gazillion threads we already had on it.

Seriously, there will be some sad news on that day, I'm afraid. Stories of people who flipped out, and/or killed themselves, and their families. Stories of people who are now financially strapped because all of their life savings went into preparation for an unlikely event. And on and on.

What is so unfortunate, is that the warnings throughout history that should have been heeded, weren't. Warnings the masses weren't able to comprehend, or fit into their world view. The "apocalypses" we are facing this century will probably make many people wish the world would have ended in 2012.

Yes, something earth shattering could happen the 21rst of this month, or thereabouts. But if it does, it probably isn't going to be as easy to deal with as the end of the world.

To be honest, I have only posted on one thread and posted this thread in about the last two years or so
I have been quietly observing for a long time. I felt that the site was being invaded by idiots that believed everything and anything. Now I just read posts by those that I have always liked reading, like Slayer69 for example.

I agree that there are warnings all around us but people just will not, or cannot, see them. Or if they do see them, they ignore them. What hope we have for our species. Maybe population reduction isn't such a bad things in some ways

But as for the 21st...I seriously doubt anything will happen. If something like aliens land on Earth, or The Messiah pops up.... I will return here and give all my possessioins to charity.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by itchy_tartan_blanket

Yep, reading all of the anger between the lines, you are certainly possessed by a grumpy demon.

Like i said on ATS, hell's minions were summoned during the Olympic Ceremony and now possess many ATS users.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself, 'am i usually this angry?'. If horns appear in your head, its only natural. lol

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
no my calender ends dec312012 an there is no jan1 2013, so that must be the end date, but i can go and buy a new 2013 calender so the must be a 2013 year ahead, just because one ends does not mean it ends and if you do your home work on calenders you will find that we do not know the true real day date year month any way , for we just take what we are told the date is as fact.
The calender we in the west have, shows us to be the date year month day 2 dec 2012 what is the year in china the year in Israel? not 2012 if you look it up
edit on 2-12-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

one link that will help in the "what day/ year is it" www.timeanddate.com...
edit on 2-12-2012 by bekod because: added link

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by itchy_tartan_blanket

I am sick to the back teeth of reading on Facebook, the internet, and hearing, about the end of the world on the 21st of December 2012, or the end of the world as we know it - a spiritual awakening. All of it is based on Mayan calendars, created centuries ago, that end on this date. People interpret it as the end of the world. Basically it meant the end of an age just like the way the zodiac works. I know most people on here know this. I won't go into that.

If they were so f****** clever at predicting the future, how come they didn't foresee the arrival of the Spanish Conquistadors? I know what the spiritual awakening will be. All those that believed the world was going to end will wake up on the 22nd and feel like complete idiots. No point in buying Christmas presents, is there? So allow me to help you on the road to your "spiritual" awakening.

Please send all your cash, precious metals, iPads, iPods, computers, mobile phones, BluRays, huge TV's and valuable possessions to me. Please contact me via private messaging to make the necessary arrangements. No refund policy applies.

you need to understand that the calendar was given to them, not made for them, so the spanish conquistadors wiping out the aztecs have really no point of importance.
the aztecs wasnt smarter than us, neither dumber, but their fate has nothing to do with 2012.
just sayin

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

The prophecy that "foretold" the arrival of the Spanish comes from the books of Chilam Balam. These books were written after the arrival of the Spanish and were written under the guidance of Christian missionaries. The goal was to convert the natives to Christianity.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Got any proof of this? People keep claiming this but no one has been able to show me these other prophecies or references to 2012. I just keep getting a list claiming such and such civilizations make reference to 2012 but no one can actually provide primary sources. So where is the proof that other than the modern fascination with December 21, 2012 there were references made to this date outside of Tortuguero Monument 6?
edit on 12/2/2012 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I guess if something does happen I will be ready for it figuring I prepare all summer long for the winters just in case. Oh well if it does it does, if it doesn't it doesn't who cares let people do what they want, and let them think what they want. They all are most likely getting annoyed at everyone saying nothing will happen when they think it will. So why worry either way.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Here's a link to someone's site that has done a lot of work on apocrypha :

A brief history of the apocalypse

Hopefully that link takes you right to the page where he outlines the doomsday predictions to come after 2012.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

The prophecy that "foretold" the arrival of the Spanish comes from the books of Chilam Balam. These books were written after the arrival of the Spanish and were written under the guidance of Christian missionaries. The goal was to convert the natives to Christianity.

doesn't matter ... they're still dead.

top topics

join