It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Baltimore Spectator, LIVE on air, surrounded by police.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
hopefully someone was outside able to get photos or video...maybe on youtube already?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
fox2now.com...

Some plainclothes cops said it was peaceful and he was ok as they left.

There's news stories popping up everywhere.

Sometimes social media is faster than the 'official news.'

Supposed picture of him in the back of the police van - looks like the right neighborhood: twitter.com...
edit on 1-12-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
fox2now.com...

Some plainclothes cops said it was peaceful and he was ok as they left.

There's news stories popping up everywhere.

Sometimes social media is faster than the 'official news.'

Supposed picture of him in the back of the police van - looks like the right neighborhood: twitter.com...
edit on 1-12-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

your link takes me to an old folks home....lol

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Thank for for this information, OP. I am in Baltimore and think I might get to know this man. He is doing what needs to be done.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Sounds like the police department did not handle this guy with any kind of common sense or judicial propriety.
It seems he was originally arrested by the police after they found him at home with a legally held firearm in his possession after he called 911 because of 2 burglars in his property.
He was held for 40days, any inquiries from family friends and even politicians as to his whereabouts were met by the police with a denial he was even in the system.

I can understand why this man was not prepared to take the police as a professional organisation doing their job, after he saw first hand how they can treat people.

The 2 burglars were never caught, he had to cop a plea to get out, so, protecting his home, not firing a weapon, being in possession of a legally held weapon, being held incognito by the police with no paper work showing on the system, is what happened to him, i hope he doesn't get fu**ed around by them too much this weekend.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

You should work for the Baltimore Sun, as your research provide another universe of information compared to the article I just read in my newspaper. www.baltimoresun.com...

MacArthur, who has said he was never notified about the court date, had been posting on social media for days about his "fugitive" status and predicted that police would try to harm him.
Police officials said some of the messages were threatening toward officers and required a precautionary presence of the SWAT team, particularly once MacArthur refused to come out. Police said he had not complied with an earlier attempt at surrender and could have turned himself in once he learned of the warrant.

This distorts readers perspectives of the situation, swaying them in a certain direction. Anyone who gets the full story should be outraged at the circumstances perpetrated by law officials. I'm hoping to convey the "message" presented by this to my friends and family as we all live in Baltimore and hate the pigs already.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Hello everyone that was following this story when it was happening. I found a follow-up story and wanted to post it in this thread.

“Baltimore Spectator” James MacArthur Tells Reporters That Police Planted a Shotgun in his House after SWAT Standoff.

and...

The standoff began Saturday as police served a warrant related to a gun charge. They said MacArthur made threats online but he told WJZ he was only joking.
Adding to his problems, police say they found a shotgun and ammo in his home and filed new charges against him. MacArthur claims he never had a weapon.”

Link

From my reading of the article the BPD is notorious for planting evidence and the other usual police malfeasance.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join