It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spirit photo of UFO on Mars??

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Not much to add other than we have a NASA announcement in about 20 mins (12pm EST) about that amazing/not amazing Curiosity discovery (or not a discovery, who knows. We'll find out soon). Anyways, compelling pic from Spirit. S&F.
edit on 3-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

Do you have a link where to watch this online ?
If so I would like it, I am crossing fingers for ancient ruins

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Not to go too far off topic, but here it is. Watch live: www.space.com...

(15 mins to go thereabouts).

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Yeah you're right. It's just as likely to be an alien craft as an image artefact *rolls eyes*

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by PeterGriffin

Are people still this dim??? Really you don't know 'why' the photo's are taken in black and white? Really? I mean seriously? You don't know why?

Im gonna go ahead and take that one step further! No, I don't know why the images are taken in black and white. Please explain..

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ContractedMercenary

I thought it was explained already why it's in black and white? View the black and white reply Here Now I'm not a pro photographer or anything but it sounds like a reasonable explaination why the photos are black and white.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Looks like a blimp to me.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I just don't see why NASA would release a picture a photo with a UFO on it?

IF the space had been blacked out, I could understand, but to just let it pass, well, I'm not sure.

If people see something clear cut in the sky now, the doubters claim its advanced miltary aircraft.
If people reported something 500 hundred years ago, the modern day doubters claim it to be natural gases or such like,
If NASA release pictures with a strange shape in the background, doubters say it is dust in the lense.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
very cool pic, i guess aliens don't just have saucers,

they have copied our design!, i see a lawsuit coming

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The chance of an image artifact that fleeting?
I dont know the picture timing, but think the artifact, if stuck to the lense, would leave at least a trace in the next shot or more....
maybe not if it were some windblown object x distance from the lense...(close or far, no matters)
or perhaps a dry whisp of Mars grass or something similar.....lichens come to mind....
But the abolutely aero dynamic apearance still bugs me......
aside, ill bet the announcement has to do with water.......perhaps even a new form of it?
Asked before but not addressed....is there any way to judge the distance size speed etc?
through what we have?

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
its white sands with a F16 flying in the back ground ...

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It is curious, but does the 'line of trajectory' blur or exhaust trail to the left in the singular picture actually match the almost horizontal attitude of a rightward heading 'missile' in a single frame? I don't think so. Conversely, could it not be a saucer coming in from the right, with motion blur, except that the motion blur seems to show all the shades of the grey scale.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Well, it could be something like this (Starfighter) could explain the wierd tragectory of the rocket vapour?

or alternatively.....................................................

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
The chance of an image artifact that fleeting?
I dont know the picture timing, but think the artifact, if stuck to the lense, would leave at least a trace in the next shot or more....
maybe not if it were some windblown object x distance from the lense...(close or far, no matters)
or perhaps a dry whisp of Mars grass or something similar.....lichens come to mind....
But the abolutely aero dynamic apearance still bugs me......
aside, ill bet the announcement has to do with water.......perhaps even a new form of it?
Asked before but not addressed....is there any way to judge the distance size speed etc?
through what we have?

It is possibly a digital 'artifact' created by a transmission or compression error. It's probably not a physical artifact on the lens at all.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
It seems to me that the term "image artifact" that gets trotted out every time there is something unexplainable displayed is the new term getting used instead of "swamp gas" cause that one was getting sooooooo tired.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be great that when Curiosity has fulfilled its mission requirements they sent it to rescue the spirit rover ie dig the little guy out it would be the most epic of rescue missions out of this world in fact... What are the distances like separating the rovers?

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I think it is too difficult to determine what this specific object might be. Every hypothesis comes from a speculation in such a case.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ContractedMercenary

Go to Nasa.gov and read, there should be a link to an explanation somewhere on there...

www.nasa.gov...
saturn.jpl.nasa.gov...

An Mod's really? That was a ill-mannered post? No it wasn't... and as mods you should take a toucher stance against those who don't know how to type, 'Why are Nasa's pictures in B+W' in a google search. Those who are lazy shouldn't be given an upper hand either, asking why the photo'd are in B+W has about as much to do with this thread as me asking why someone doesn't know that. Thanks Again Mods.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What you are seeing there is the IR image of a high altitude Mars dust devil in the distance.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

I would also have to chime in with camera artifact. Sadly.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join