It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State lawmaker says "dissolving Detroit" should be an option

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Detroit is at a political impasse that could lead to a financial collapse next month.

Now, one state legislator is saying Lansing should consider “all its options”—including possibly dissolving the city as a municipality.

The idea of dissolving Detroit—and effectively merging it with Wayne County—has popped up occasionally in some business and political circles recently.

But mid-Michigan senator Rick Jones is the first official to publicly discuss that as an option.

www.michiganradio.org...

------------------------
This scenario, is highly unlikely, but bankruptcy is. Detroit is only one a a list of counties and cities in the U.S. on the verge of bankruptcy and yet the gov spin machine is trying to tell us its okay out there.

They actually had the nerve to say that the average saving last month per household was over $2800

Which country boys, because until those jobs that you let the corps send oversees for higher profits come home, its game over.

For us of course, I forgot they paid to get you back in office.

edit on Sat Dec 1 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Give it to China. I would actually start visiting it if you did that. It looks worse than some of the most dilapidated areas of China now, so I imagine it would only make it better. +more manufacturing jobs would return!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Dissolving the city does NOT dissolve the debt! :shk:

Its just transfered to Wayne County in FULL!

Personal Disclosure: So dissolving the city solves nothing!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Explanation: Also .. anybody holding land title deeds .. ie the landowners ... will still be held financially accountable.

Personal Disclosure: And those records go back a long way in time..so no matter where they are now in the world ... the coprporate lawyers will track them down and make them pay... running away is also useless!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
This is the futures of every American city county and town! They are all broke and living on credit now which will run out soon. Detroit got stripped of their manufacturing base to they hit the skids sooner the most.

edit on 1-12-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
This is the futures of every American city county and town! They are all broke and living on credit now which will run out soon. Detroit got stripped of their manufacturing base to they hit the skids sooner the most.

Detroit is exclusively 81% African American, African Americans make up less then 14% of the nations population. Pittsburgh lost some 100,000 jobs since the 80's but yet is doing just fine. I am sure Philadelphia will join Detroit soon as many Caucasians are getting tired of the black hate gangs eerr "flash mobs" attacking them like what happens to Boers in South Africa.

edit on 2-12-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
A couple of years ago, in Britain, a Tory think tank called Policy Exchange advocated abandoning much of the north of England, writing it off as a failure (handily skirting the fact that the North of England is such a mess because of Tory policies during the 1980s and 1990s). Given the amount of links between the current Tory party and American politicians/think tanks, I'm curious as to whether there's any overlap of names.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

Detroit is exclusively 81% African American, African Americans make up less then 14% of the nations population. Pittsburgh lost some 100,000 jobs since the 80's but yet is doing just fine. I am sure Philadelphia will join Detroit soon as many Caucasians are getting tired of the black hate gangs eerr "flash mobs" attacking them like what happens to Boers in South Africa.

They dont have those "Flash mobs" in my area as all the GOOD LAW-ABIDING citizens here all PACK HEAT where I live!!

Many good folks here would just consider it a fine and happy day of TARGET PRACTICE
for them if these degenerate CRIMINAL THUG flash mobs tried to force their UNCIVILIZED THUG nonsense and CRIME in my area!! And they KNOW that, and therefore the reason as to WHY we dont have flash mobs in my area.

After the locals here have their TARGET PRACTICE session, the men in blue here would shake their hands and probably give out medals for culling the heard of CRIMINAL THUGS.
AHHH TEXAS!! These "Flash mobs" WONT MESS WITH TEXAS.

edit on 2-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

African American population in general correlates to an impetus in crime rates throughout the country.

I would never imagine that I lived in Detroit. That would be akin to practical suicide.

top topics

join