It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Yule or Festivus...Happy Holidays dang it! Post some cheer here!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Whatever it is you celebrate - or don't - let's get into the Spirit of the Season!

Whether seasonal memes, videos, pics, heart-warming stories, general cheer or even an occasional "Bah Hum Bug!" feel free to put it here.

Of course, all of the standard caveats do apply.
Keep it within the T&C and keep it relevant to the topic.

I'm super excited this year. I kind of skipped Christmas last year due to some personal stuff but this year I have an extra reason to celebrate. So I'm gonna!

Merry Christmas Ya'll!

I'm kicking it off with some kitsch...

And:

Snooki and baby Lorenzo.

edit on 11/30/2012 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hmmm. OK.

As Burl Ives used to sing:

Have a holly jolly Christmas
It's the best time of the year
Well I don't know if there'll be snow
But have a cup of cheer

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

That'll work!

I think that falls under Festivus! LOL!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My season kicked off yesterday when I got a Grizzly Bear.

Seriously.

Someone adopted a Grizzly Bear in our name from the WWF.

In the past we've received a goat, a goose and cow. Or least someone in Africa received it on our behalf.

Really, though, that's awesome. We don't need anything and it's a great lesson for the kids. Hard to wrap though!

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If it helps, here is a thread featuring a Christmas flash mob. I really enjoyed it. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Got to have a little Trans Siberian Orchestra for Christmas.
One year my husband and I recieved tickets to see this band live. It was the most amazing and enchanting concert!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Ho! Ho! Ho!

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Thank you for including it!

That's just so beautiful. I liked the cross-section of humanity either participating or watching in awe.

And yes! The end is a tear jerker.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Happy Holidays ATS. Your the best.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

I have wanted to get tickets for this show for my son and his girlfriend for about 6 yrs. Maybe this year. I love them.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I love this story:

www.nydailynews.com...

NEW YORK (AP) — A wealthy Missouri man posing as “Secret Santa” stunned New Yorkers, handing $100 bills to many in Staten Island who had lost everything to Superstorm Sandy.

The Kansas City businessman is giving away $100,000 this holiday season, and spent the day in New Jersey and New York giving away thousands. But he says money is not the issue.

“The money is not the point at all,” said the anonymous benefactor on Thursday as he walked up to surprised Staten Island residents and thrust crisp bills into their hands.

“It’s about the random acts of kindness. I’m just setting an example, and if 10 percent of the people who see me emulate what I’m doing, anybody can be a Secret Santa!”

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Wish I was there that day.

Seriously though, great story.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I am a true Navy brat. So many years, too many to remember we had our Christmas's with out our dad. When i saw this video it was like stepping back in time for me and I waas that little girl. Love these reunions.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I celebrate Christmas, so I'm going to post my favorite Christmas songs:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Just a note: if any of you would like a special avatar for the holidays (or just for regular days
), feel free to drop by the Avatar Creations thread to put in a request. We'll get you looking fancy in no time at all!

A classic scene from A Charlie Brown Christmas:

edit on 12/2/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Never mind, we have a new thread on BTS for Avatar Creations - visit if you'd like to join in or get something cool to wear...

I'm in a Frank Sinatra mood:

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Let It Snow

White Christmas

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Whatever it is you celebrate - or don't - let's get into the Spirit of the Season!

Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Yule or Festivus...Happy Holidays dang it! Post some cheer here!,

Whether seasonal memes, videos, pics, heart-warming stories, general cheer or even an occasional "Bah Hum Bug!" feel free to put it here.

Of course, all of the standard caveats do apply.
Keep it within the T&C and keep it relevant to the topic.

I'm super excited this year. I kind of skipped Christmas last year due to some personal stuff but this year I have an extra reason to celebrate. So I'm gonna!

Merry Christmas Ya'll!

I'm kicking it off with some kitsch...

And:

Snooki and baby Lorenzo.

Star & Flag kosmicjack ! A Great Thread and Especially for This 2012 Holiday Season - No Matter what anyone Celebrates or Not ! This is the last month of 2012 - A Year that will be remembered for Endless Gloom & Doom Predictions - So Lets All Try to End it on A Cheerful and Happy Note !

For Everyone World Wide who is watching and waiting for some type of A 2012 Alignment -

Fo-Git About It ! As they say up in Joisy ! The planets will always be Aligned to Something on Any Given Year in the past or future.

Here is a view from the top of the Great Pyramid - It is Always no doubt Aligned with Something - Somewhere...

For Everyone who might be worried about the .gov watching them online or anywhere else in the world -

Fo-Git About It ! As they say up in Joisy ! All governments watch everything they can - Nothing new Under The Sun !

Notice the Sign that Says - Intelligence on the Ceiling -
-

And if Anyone gets caught up into any kind of clever trap - You'll need a Really Good Attorney !

This Attorney Below Never Loses a Case ! - He sure is Serious Looking Ain't He !

This Attorney is also known for not having any sense of humor @ all !

Sometimes People might feel like " Their God " is Not Listening - Maybe something like this picture below.

Don't Worry ! - There is A God Somewhere who Listens - A God Who Really Made It All ! And A God That Really Cares For You !

For Anyone Watching and Waiting for " Jesus - aka - The Messiah " Remember This Picture Below !

He Ain't " Jesus or The Messiah " Unless He Walks Through This Gate Below !

The Golden Gate

Oh Yeah ! Don't matter if anyone says he's in the desert or in a secret place somewhere !
If He Don't Walk Through That Gate - He Ain't Jesus !

Wishing Everyone Happy Holidays This Winter - Whatever You Celebrate This time of Year !

Merry Christmas ! Happy Hanukah! Chanukah!, Kwanzaa ! Yule ! or Festivus ! - Whatever !

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the humor, Chris.

And now, some Festivus highlights for consideration:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It's been a busy season already! Here are some pics.

The first set is some southern suburban Christmas kitsch from our local parade. I had a prime spot adjacent to the package store and the IHOP. Obviously, since it's the holidays, the day could have gone either way.

An obligatory grumpy, grown-ass man in an elf suit...

What's a parade without a wacky Shriner in a go-cart?

This one, I have no idea...

Some Charlie Brown-ish "awww"...

This is an elf...doing it WRONG:

And, of course, Santa...with what looks like Secret Service in the background. LOL!

Here is a snap from the live Drive-By Nativity performed by a local school:

And some awesome brownie treats from my sweet neighbor - that tray is actually made from real peppermints.
So cool!

This isn't a new pic but it's my favorite. It's an annual light display - for years and years - down the street from my Grandparent's house. So pretty.

More later!

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Think these kitties had a little too much eggnog?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join