It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Business Question Unrelated to ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Hello,
I'm inquiring to know if anyone has knowledge of the buying and reselling or appraisel of internet domains? Is this like the digital real-estate of tommorow?

Thanks,
TheBigD

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
As far as I know this is a very tricky business.

If you were to get Microsoft.com before them then technically you're breaching their copyright by reproducing without their consent. Its generally frowned upon by courts and judges will rule in favour of corporations or the prosecutors.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   
What exactly do you want to know about internet domains.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
What exactly do you want to know about internet domains.

Well, I've bought a few domains. I'd like to know the future of selling them such as maybe do they increase in value such as real estate. For instance, I have domain rights to UKLondon.Biz, but I am unsure where to sell it or the value of it. Any Ideas?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't know if there's an actual formula out there that suggests growth of its value over x amount of time, but I would assume that if the name is a popular request that you could have people bid for it and take the highest bidder...

If you can hand a domain name over to someone else that you created, then it's your intellectual property...so you can sell and advertise it for whatever you see fit...who knows...someone may bite...

[edit on 10/22/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

new topics

top topics

join