It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seems like everyone is pushing the flu vaccine....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
So I have noticed a couple of treads lately and one of them is the Flu Vaccine (The other is a different topic), no matter where I go: Grocery Store, Doctors Office, Mail Box, Online. Someone is trying to get me to take the Flu Vaccine. Now I had a flu shot before, and I am not a person that thinks vaccines are a cover up (At least not before), but it almost seems to be too much.

Government

Everyone 6 months of age and older should get the flu vaccine. Seasonal flu vaccines have a very good safety track record.

The flu vaccine is available by shot or nasal spray. Get your flu shot or spray as soon as the vaccine is available in your area. It is especially important to get the vaccine if you, someone you live with, or someone you care for is at high risk of complications from the flu. Mild reactions such as soreness, headaches, and fever are common side effects of the flu vaccine. If you experience a severe reaction such as difficulty breathing, hives, or facial swelling, seek medical attention immediately.

CDC:

Influenza is a serious disease that can lead to hospitalization and sometimes even death. Every flu season is different, and influenza infection can affect people differently. Even healthy people can get very sick from the flu and spread it to others. Over a period of 31 seasons between 1976 and 2007, estimates of flu-associated deaths in the United States range from a low of about 3,000 to a high of about 49,000 people. During a regular flu season, about 90 percent of deaths occur in people 65 years and older. The “seasonal flu season” in the United States can begin as early as October and last as late as May.

Walmart:

Mollen Immunization Clinics is the largest and most trusted provider of influenza (flu) immunizations in the United States. We conduct a network of seasonal clinics at drug stores, supermarkets, shopping centers, superstores, corporations, schools, governments (City, County, State & Federal) in a variety of community locations, and we support thousands of clinics across the United States each year.

Now I ended up getting the swine flu a few years back(Which I thought I was going to die, like really die) and there wasn't a push this hard to get that vaccine(After it came out), so my question is what is so different about this Flu season?

edit on 11/29/2012 by Djayed because: Spelling error

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Yea, its ridiculous, now the stores where I live are pushing the shingles vaccinations as well. They are even offering discounts on merchandise if you get injected with their poison.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Yes I have to hear it from acquaintance's as well now. I really dont think getting a shot at walmart or kmart or any other store is a safe thing. Its just about making money though I dont really believe there is a whole lot of sinister motive behind it. I hate how people preach to me about getting a vaccine just bc they feel smart for getting one. I am not prone to getting sick and dont feel it necessary for me.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
My brother and mother work for UPMC and I remember one of them mentioning they get paid more if they get a flu shot. I don't remember the specifics...just remember shaking my head when I heard that.

You know once they start paying YOU to get a shot, something is up...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Its getting to the point where if you don't get it, you will lose your job:

TriHe alth 'fires' workers without flu shots

This post sums it up:

It is criminal for employers to get involved in personal health care decisions. Not only are these types of immunizations less than 75% effective, they can be harmful to individuals. The risk/benefit ratio should be an individual choice. Look at the potential risks below. Mandates on vaccines in large companies is like treating people like cows – the type of cow you don't want to eat or drink its milk.
* Allergic response
* Fever
* Guillain-Barre syndrome
* Myalgia (muscle pain)
* Malaise (fatigue)
* Soreness at injection site
* Systemic Vasculitis
~ Dr. Theresa Ramsey, www.DrRamsey.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yes, ive noticed the flu vaccine everywhere, theyre now giving it in pharmacies, i thought you had to get it at the docs.
I was talking to a taxi driver today, and she said she'd just had it and she had these strange sores in her nostrils. Weird

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

The CDC has really pushed lately for vaccinations. As an ER nurse they will make us mask in patient care areas if we don't get the flu vaccine. Flu season came in early this year and hard. Pertussis is back as well.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I think our county alone has well over 30 cases of confirmed flu, just through our emergency department. Pertussis, or whooping cough, is pretty close behind in the high 20's. I'm not a big fan of excessive vaccinations, but working in the ER predisposes you to pretty nasty bugs so I said WTH and got the flu vaccination and Tdap, which is tetanus, diptheria, and pertussis. Most vaccinations can be administered without a doctor's order so you're seeing an increase in vaccinations at pharmacies across the nation; usually by the pharmacist or LPN. I was in Wal-Mart a couple weeks ago and they are advertising not only flu, but pneumonia vaccine, hepatitis A/B/C, and meningitis. Like most things, they are good for the very young and the very old, or anyone susceptible because of a weakened immune system, like HIV/AIDS or cancer.

top topics

join