It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge orders tobacco companies to admit deception

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
oh yes - let me say it for you

Smoking is so toxic it kills people - maybe, if you smoke for more than 50 years and then again, maybe not!

Smoking is so toxic it kills people - look at these 4800 "additives" - those "additives people are ALL the byproduct of the combustion of organic products. Those "additives" are the same "additives" that occur when people burn fuel in their cars, burn candles, burn wood, cook food etc etc. Canadian tobacco companies have been forbidden to add anything to tobacco except a little anhydrous ammonia as a humectant for quite a long time. Strangely anti-smokers still think its Canadian cigarettes are toxic

Smoking is so toxic, it kills people - its so toxic that second-hand smoke is considered more hazardous than active smoking. Third hand smoke is considered even more toxic than second-hand smoke

Smoking is so toxic - There are no safe levels of exposure. That is, it is more toxic than sarin gas, carbon monoxide, dioxins and furans, and even the zyklon B (the gas used to asphyxiate jews), which, despite being substances that can kill in a very short amount of time, all have established safe levels of exposure.

Smoking is so toxic, tobacco companies add things to make it more addictive. Nicotene is so addictive. Back in the 50s when tobacco companies just made cigarettes, it naturally contained over 12 mg, now a cigarette only has about 1.2 mg. But somehow smoking has become more and more addictive. Its seems the less nicotene, the more addictive it is!

Smoking is so toxic its a Class A Carcinogen....just like sunshine!

SHHH - don't anybody google the HPV virus and its link to oral cancer and lung cancer ......its the smoking, I say.

Don't anybody google the over 40 known causes of lung cancer.....its the smoking, I say.

Don't anybody mention the fact that as the incidence of smoking has decreased in the population....the incidence of lung cancer has INCREASED...Its the smoking I say!!!

Look I have proof....I know someone who smoked and they died of lung cancer! Then lung cancer must be caused by non-smoking. I know someone who didn't smoke and they got lung cancer!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TiredofControlFreaks

Nothing makes death more certain that being born.

I tend to agree with you. There are lots of things that kill us.

To each his own.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by zroth

Amen brother! You are preaching to the choir!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Here is a classic example of 'do as I say, not as I do'. Smoking is so dangerous that the G20 summit was made exempt from the smoking ban.

Foreign dignitaries who attended the 2009 G20 summit in London were exempt from the smoking ban, it has been revealed.

The leniency required an amendment to the legislation enforcing the ban.

Certain smoking rooms were allowed in the Excel Exhibition Centre in Docklands in east London during the summit.

But it is still unclear whether the amendment was for the time of the summit or the location permanently. Conservative MP Anne Widdecombe said: "It's one law for one, and one for another, and I think that sums up this government."

www.politics.co.uk...

Maybe smoking only kills poor, uneducated people? I'm confused.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

You seem to be missing the point.

No, not really.

Tobacco companies are greedy and evil because they put profit before the health of others.

Because they sell a product that is unhealthy? Then you would have to include all the companies that sell alcohol, and even the companies that make a profit off of making people fat.

I could claim that companies like Hershey are evil and greedy because they want to make money off of our diabetes, but that would detract from the point.

No one forces us to smoke, drink, or eat unhealthy food.

Its a choice.

They intentionally put addictive chemicals in their product to make it very difficult to quit.

Nicotine occurs naturally in tobacco. Nicotine is addictive.

Quitting smoking isn't hard unless your a tool.

And they marketed to teens, when they were allowed to, when my husband was young for example, in such a way to make smoking seem glamorous and cool.

Smoking is glamorous and cool.

But, seriously, anyone who falls for marketing is an idiot. But, that is the point of marketing in the first place. How else are you supposed to advertise your product?

They killed millions of people, not just my husband. That is evil.

No.

Millions of people have killed themselves.

The true evil comes from people like you who refuse to accept the fact that the person choosing to smoke is the one responsible. Then you go on your holy crusade, and given time, we wind up with gangsters like Al Capone in power.

What other product would be allowed to be on the market for generations, when it has been proven to kill people?

Bleach has been proven to kill, but it is still on the market.

Oh, wait, you meant consumable products.

Lemme me see if I can esplain. We are responsible for ourselves (at least, we're suppose to be), you do not have the power to take a product out of the market just because you're on a moral crusade.

I have every right to make the decision to smoke, or put into my body, whatever I choose. You cannot make decisions for me.

It makes me violent.

The money, greed and power of the tobacco industry are what keeps them going.

That pretty much sums up all businesses.

They have been allowed to hide the truth and minimize the harm.

I am pretty certain that, in 2012, the majority of us are well aware of the dangers of smoking.

But in the United States we shouldn't have organizations holding our hands to make sure the products that we buy are "safe." Such activities were suppose to be the responsibility of the consumer.

This is a conspiracy site. It would be a good project to research how in the world this has been permitted for so long.

Research what? Why a company can sell a product?

My husband tried unsuccessfully many times to quit when he was older.

Sounds like he failed.

In the beginning, it was the propaganda spread by those who wish to gloss over or minimize the risks, such as you see in this thread, which encouraged him to keep smoking.

Huh, sounds like he also had a weak mind. I know children with better character than to go around blaming others for the choices they have made.

So - by saying the things that are being said here in support of tobacco companies, you are just encouraging others to ignore the facts.

Lol, ok. Make others responsible for people's choices.

You have inspired me. I am going to go encourage teenagers to smoke.

Don't worry, I will be thinking of you the whole time.

Your opinion about what you think I sound like has nothing to do with the facts.

You are absolutely correct.
The fact remains that no one forced your husband to smoke. He was a big boy who made that choice on his own.

It may sound preachy, but if it makes one person think twice about what they are doing, and try to find a way to quit, then it is worth speaking up.

Preachy? You sound like the majority of idiot, soccer moms I know. You all seem completely incapable of rational thought.

You remind me of the the people who made a stink about alcohol and pushed to have it banned, but just wound up creating greater problems for society as a whole.

What is the option? Just shut up, and live with knowing how this can impact someone and the lives of their loved ones?

Yeah. Get over the fact that your husband made the choice to smoke knowing that it would eventually kill him.

Your whole crusade is completely useless.

Sorry - but I will go for the option of spreading the truth.

That's about as irrelevant as running around screaming that the sky is blue.

Nobody cares.

Just remember the number one most important fact:

Your husbands death was 100% his fault.
edit on 29-11-2012 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deessell

I label you a tobacco lobbyist.... Tobacco has 5000+ chemicals added! some of them very dangerous and most not disclosed. Don't bother fighting the other side of this argument.

Whilst I do agree tobacco in a less processed form is much less bad and the nicotine increases brain activity. Cigarettes processed by the industry are a form of global poison. Eugenics. Thats fact sorry. But your entitled to your incorrect opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join