It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's People's Daily falls for Kim Jong-un 'sexiest man alive' spoof

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Guardian.co.uk

Peopledaily.com.cn

The online version of China's Communist party newspaper has hailed a report by The Onion naming North Korean dictator as the Sexiest Man Alive – not realising it is satire.
The People's Daily on Tuesday ran a 55-page photo spread on its website in a tribute to the round-faced leader, under the headline North Korea's top leader named The Onion's Sexiest Man Alive for 2012.

Chinese newspaper wrote :

- With his devastatingly handsome, round face, his boyish charm, and his strong, sturdy frame, this Pyongyang-bred heartthrob is every woman's dream come true
- Blessed with an air of power that masks an unmistakable cute, cuddly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board swoon with his impeccable fashion sense, chic short hairstyle, and, of course, that famous smile

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
This must be Joke of the Century

Great Work Onion

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I read that this morning and snorted I laughed so hard. This doesn't do much to bolster those ATS members that think China does no wrong.

If they had a sense of humor to begin with they might have detected the tone straight away.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

How is this a joke? He looks like Napoleon on that horse. The kind of look that demands respect

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Literally Unbelieveable has been blogging people taken in by the Onion for a while.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

well, he is damn sexy, in a sociopathic, daddies boy,gangnam style sort of way.....

mmmmm

jong-un.........

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

He deserves the Title : Kim Jong-un Bonaparte[The Great Grandson of Napoleon Bonaparte]

edit on 27-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zedVSzardoz

Thanks for that vital information

Morphologically , these two guys look alike [ Like Twin Brothers separated in the Korea War ]

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine

Translation:

- With his devastatingly pimpled round bottom, his Psychopathic charm, and his pudgy, round frame, this Pyongyang-inbred stomach turner is every woman's nightmare on two legs

- Blessed with an air of heartless power that masks an unmistakable dictatorial, prickly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board gag with his stagnant fashion sense rice bowl cut hairstyle, and, of course, that famous grimace...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

"Jong-un Style"

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well you never know...the Chinese might be just playing it deadpan

My all-time favourite was 'white foragers report black looters' from 2005. I miss the days when The Onion wasn't buried behind a pay-wall.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
My only thought is that they must be trolling us and laughing at the fact that we think they really believe this.

Trolling the troll?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by UltraMarine

Translation:

- With his devastatingly pimpled round bottom, his Psychopathic charm, and his pudgy, round frame, this Pyongyang-inbred stomach turner is every woman's nightmare on two legs

- Blessed with an air of heartless power that masks an unmistakable dictatorial, prickly side, Kim made this newspaper's editorial board gag with his stagnant fashion sense rice bowl cut hairstyle, and, of course, that famous grimace...
Slayer, that was priceless! LMAO!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I admit, I always get a kick out of it when I hear about some media source falling for the onions satire. That actually says a lot about just how awesome the onion really is and even more about the news media in general.

Peace and love

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucidclouds
My only thought is that they must be trolling us and laughing at the fact that we think they really believe this.

Trolling the troll?

You'd be surprised. This is not the first time a news source has fallen for the satire that the onion puts out. Ever now and then I hear a story of some news site not realizing that the onion is just a big joke and then reporting on some onion article, thinking it is a legitimate story.

The media is really not all that smart.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Yep I can see Kim Jong un singin and dancing to:

Geez t he Onion

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

This story just can't be true.
Someobdy someplace is rolling...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

How do you know The People's Daily "fell" for it? Perhaps they knew it was a joke and wanted to rub it in Kim's face?

Edit: Oh I see.. they took it down.. I suppose with egg on their face. Way to go China! You have learned well the lessons taught by Fox and CNN.

I'd look for the offices of the Onion to get nuked any minute now.
edit on 28-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
it just amazes me to this day peoples lack of sarcasim in other countries, either that, china has a HUGE sense of sarcasim by running 55 page spread lol.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

satire.. garbage.. it usually gets my fist..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join