It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Woman Killed By Pepper-Like Spray After Red Sox Win

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Here's the front page picture that was published. It's not gruesome or very bloody, but I have a responsibility to say "viewer discretion is advised".

www.pressdisplay.com...

Here's the story:

news.bostonherald.com...

Search around and you'll see that the reaction to the pic was pretty full-on. Shame that the reaction to the police actions and to the riot instigators wasn't as marked.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Sorry, first link doesn't seem to want to work now. Maybe it'll work for others.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The news here reported it to be a bean bag pojectile from a special shotgun

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Please dont anyone call these weapons Non-lethal weapons because they are not. Most cops will cringe when they here people call them that. They are Less-lethal weapons.

Those rounds fired from a shotgun are really powerful rubber or beanbag. Something like the force of a Mike Tyson punch for the bean bag. These things can and will kill you if used in a inproper way.

They are a very important part of a cops inventory. If a cop does not have the Less-lethal option often he would have to go to his next option his sidearm.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Before the War of the Revolution, a British Regular killed a boy (who was in Boston to control the people) and was aqquitted. A mob later caught up to that officer, and when things were done, it was the Boston Massacre.

With the Mayor calling for a special law to be invoked banning booze sales, and to curb the baseball games in pubs, it looks like history is repeating its self similarly.

Supression of liberty, by the politicians. Distress in the people.

This cop will more than likely not be charged, and although unpleasant (if the people see this as a repeat), mob protests/riots may ensue.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Your sitting there wondering what can I do to keep my friends and loved ones safe from this kind of police brutaliy? Well my fellow Americans I have been giving this alot of thought. We are left with very few option.

1. We could gather our familys and leave. But what country would take you and your family? I got to say I really don't think the rest of the world is happy with Americans. and not many would want a fload of Americans.

2. You could not leave you home. Thats a sure way to make sure your safe in a way. But if you don't out right own the land you live on this may not work as you have to work to pay rent, and then there is the yearly tax on said land that must be payed or the state will repo it for not paying taxes. Also there is a chance that the state you live in will just clam the land for themselfs for what ever reason the want. Then you would have to learn to live without lights, wather, gas as these need monthly payments.Soon it will be unsafe to even go to work. So you would have to give up your job just to make sure you are safe. If you have children you would have to home school them. You will have to grow all your food, and hope the state dose not come take your food. Then you have to save all rain water or if you are lucky you'll have a steam near you land, but it could always be damed up. And you would have to have a filtering system.

3. You could band togther with you fellow Americans and take you country back.

4. Or you could just do nothing. Go on like nothing is happening.

You make up your mind what is best for you.

O.k your thinking but Sis don't you think you are taking this a bit to far, and I would have to say No I Don't. Yeah sure the police are taking responsibility for her death, but I bet the police person who fired that shot will not be charged with murder, and for punishment the Mayor has decided to try banding alcohol from being served when a game is going on. I don't know about you but since when is it o.k to be punished for a crime committed by another person? Was any of you on that police squad?
With the police person who fired that shot. Every police person on that squad should be charged with conspiracy to commit murder, aswell as the police cheif, and the Mayor. Along with the charge of reckless endangerment. And I am sure I am missing more charges that could be filed. What you have to ask yourself is since when is the police above the law? I don't know about you. But I thought all Americans was the same in the eyes of the law. No matter what your job was. As for those of you who say how can these police do their job? So what your saying is it's the police job to go out and murder a woman leaving a ball game? I don't know about you but thats not the America I grew up in. Oh and to all of you who say you would not be saying that if someone in your family was a police officer. Well your wrong my brother is a police officer and yes if he had commited this crime I would expect him to be charged just like anyother American. You see when you allow police to be above the law. You are not living in a free country. You are living in a police state.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
So you are absolving the rioters from any responsibility in this at all?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sistinas

. Every police person on that squad should be charged with conspiracy to commit murder, aswell as the police cheif, and the Mayor. Along with the charge of reckless endangerment.

I am a cop and this is just insane.

Yes all cops in America are out to get you and turn america into a police state. Sistinas is right on the money

I doubt this person even knows a cop let alone has one in his family

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I guess those pepper balls are not safe for riot control. If someone had to die from one to prove it, it's just been done.

Paintball-type projectiles won't hurt you too bad unless they hit you in the eye. Pepper spray won't hurt you too much unless a good amount goes directly into your mouth and throat, where it can inflame the airway to the point that you can choke to death.

Pepper balls can hit in the eye, and they can hit directly in the mouth. As we all know, if something can go wrong, it will.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Your sitting there wondering what can I do to keep my friends and loved ones safe from this kind of police brutaliy? Well my fellow Americans I have been giving this alot of thought. We are left with very few option.

Well, you could just teach them to not participate and or expose themselves to volatile situations that will definately require intervention.

I went to College myself in Boston and all I can say is nothing has changed in 20 years. The behavior of way too many Red Sox fans is deplorable to the point that there is no way you can ignore a gathering of them after such a major event. It would have been negligent for the police to ignore it. In addition, everyone knows that this behavior phenomenon is at it's worse if it is Yankee/Sox.

It is extremely unfortunate that what should have been a celebration led to this, but I am really not surprised. I could see the Fenway Park scoreboard from my dorm. If the Yankees were in Town, I stayed off the streets and if necesarry to be out, kept my NY accent mouth shut. It really was that volatile. Even if there was no game, throwing my hair up under a Yankee cap to run some errands was a guaranteed confrontation.

Obviously, the actions of the police will have to be thoroughly investigated, as a failure occured that caused what should have been crowd control to end in a death, and I am sure the officer who fired the shot will never recover from this incident. However, I think you are blowing it way beyond reason to speculate that this indicates a failure of all law enforcement in the Country, or even in the City of Boston.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu
I guess those pepper balls are not safe for riot control. If someone had to die from one to prove it, it's just been done.

Paintball-type projectiles won't hurt you too bad unless they hit you in the eye. Pepper spray won't hurt you too much unless a good amount goes directly into your mouth and throat, where it can inflame the airway to the point that you can choke to death.

Pepper balls can hit in the eye, and they can hit directly in the mouth. As we all know, if something can go wrong, it will.
Police are trained to use riot control agents for "effect". One person
being deterred from rioting is not the purpose, but rather a person is
targeted for wide visibility among other individuals about the target.
When others see the terror of the target.. the sobbing, the tears,
running, trying to get away.. the "effect" is to transfer the rioting
causing destruction of property, or the threatening of police officers,
into fear and the need to get away from the area. In the murder of the
girl, the "rioting" was not yet at the level where "responsible" police
action to terrorize the citizens was called for.

The girl was targeted, she was killed.. undoubtedly her death was not
the intent.. but she was.. murdered. For "effect" she would be shot in
the face intentionally, following protocol of police training. Unlikely
the officer responsible will be prosecuted, and a case can probably
be made for manslaughter. A sad day when celebrating a Red Sox
win is to die. What is the value of a human life? A sane response to
property destruction would be to bill the perpetrators for damages.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

When others see the terror of the target.. the sobbing, the tears,
running, trying to get away.. the "effect" is to transfer the rioting
causing destruction of property, or the threatening of police officers,
into fear and the need to get away from the area.

Kinda like terrorism itself.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

. Every police person on that squad should be charged with conspiracy to commit murder, aswell as the police cheif, and the Mayor. Along with the charge of reckless endangerment.

I am a cop and this is just insane.

Yes all cops in America are out to get you and turn america into a police state. Sistinas is right on the money

I doubt this person even knows a cop let alone has one in his family

I could say the same thing about you. Like I highly doubt your a so called Cop. But that dose not change the fact that some Police think they are above the law.Police officers are hired to uphold the law not brake it. If and when they do brake the law they should be held accountable for said crime. Just like very other person in this country. If you think its ok to kill a woman who was just standing on the sidewalk. Not braking the law. Then I think you should be fired!Your job title dose not state you can brake the law to uphold it. So flame away. It dose not bother me. Call me a lier all you want. But I will still think that if you are in my country and you brake the law. You should be held accountable for it . No matter who are what your job is.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Gotta love it when people comment on something they can't even spell. It's "breaking" the law.

I'm sure that cop didn't mean to kill that girl, and if you think he's running around gloating about it you're probably pretty ignorant about cops.

Cops are just people, the majority are good and some are dicks.

posted on Oct, 25 2004 @ 10:32 PM
link   
regardless of everthing said above,the cop murdered this girl ,he should go to jail and pay for his crime.but he will probably get off since he thinks a gun and a badge is a license to kill,when civilians make mistakes and someone dies we go to jail so should police.say what you want,he killed her i hope he pays and if he dont the girls family should hunt him down,if it was my sister he would allready be dead.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join