It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Minister for Military Affairs - Ehud Barak RESIGNS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Defense Minister Ehud Barak announced his intention to quit political life Monday morning in a press conference at the Defense Ministry in Tel Aviv. Barak thanked the public for its continued support and said he will remain in his position as defense in minister until a new government has been formed following the coming Knesset elections in late January.

www.jpost.com...
www.ynetnews.com...
www.bbc.co.uk...

Well that's certainly a surprise. I wonder what the real intention could be.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
This strikes me as another one of those stories that seems simple and straightforward but with enough of a story behind the scenes to write books about. The timing is just too interesting. I'm guessing that whatever he says about this being long planned, something didn't go how he wanted with the Gaza operation. Either too much or too little...hard to say with the leaders over there.

I love how the oddly timed 'retirements' always seem to be for family reasons though... I guess that's the agreed upon stock answer when telling the boss to shove it...or getting fired is the other way of putting it. I just wonder which it was....?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
This strikes me as another one of those stories that seems simple and straightforward but with enough of a story behind the scenes to write books about. The timing is just too interesting. I'm guessing that whatever he says about this being long planned, something didn't go how he wanted with the Gaza operation. Either too much or too little...hard to say with the leaders over there.

I love how the oddly timed 'retirements' always seem to be for family reasons though... I guess that's the agreed upon stock answer when telling the boss to shove it...or getting fired is the other way of putting it. I just wonder which it was....?

Good questions we'll likely never get the answer to. They'll always offer to accept resignation before firing in a case like this. He may have lost support internally and saw it coming and just did it pre-emptively. And there is always a possiblity he really may just want to have done with it (or he at least thinks he does, I mean how many boxers retire then unretire? LOL). It certainly has been announced using purely stock phrases for certain.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
Or he was already resigning over another issue (Iran perhaps?) and stayed on until the Palestinian conflict was resolved. Now that it appears stable he feels he can resign without hurting his troops and country.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
He did not resign. He still is minister of defense, at least this is what i get from local media. He leaves political life,maybe due to inability to find leading position in one of the main parties. Or maybe for some other reason.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
this is HUGE news considering his involvement with 911

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Also could reveal some new information that could tie him to the death of Yasser Arafat (about to be exhumed)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
awesome!

that guy was a right winger, evil mofo...has lots of blood on his hands..

sorry, no wish to judge, i just pray more dark beings leave...please leave.

i so greatly desire peace, please God....bring us peace, thank you. thank you, thank you

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Mofaz was always the better man for the job; will be interesting who takes over 2nd top spot!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Seenav and corporation.....

what a load of crock! Where do you two come up with this stuff?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
It could mean that if he is a Dove that they are going to War and if he is a Hawk that they are not.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Whats surprising is not is not his "retiring" from the post of defense minister, but retiring from politics in general.

Just a few months ago people were thinking Barak would form a new centrist party against Natanyahu. Something on the political level obviously occurred with dampened Baraks belief that he could win a viable number of seats in a new government.

The big change may have been the Likud's merger with Israel Beiteinu.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by corporation

Probably to go get some more money and then come back. he saw he had no chance in the coming elections and did not want to just be a junior partner in the next coalition. He will be back though. he resigned in the past and came back. they all do. at least in Israel

top topics

join