It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange two suns Lebanese news?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
reply to post by Trillium

see i just copy and pasted that, clicked on vid youtube and pasted it, and it didnt work for me, i dont know what im doing wrong!!!

You have to select insert youtube video and past that into the box and click ok

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't think it matters in the least what someone says it looks like, if its a sundog picture they dug up from somewhere, if its been photoshopped, or if its One Big Sun shining through two holes in the clouds.

Thats not the point of the video or the article I provided a link to. My friend is Russian, and he translated much the same as the other translation last night.: (his translation) Seeing two suns at the same time will be an astonishing rare sight to some members of the planet. The astronomers are predicting an explosion of one of the biggest stars in the known universe the star Batelgia (English Betelgeuse) near the Orion star system.  

The point is, its not saying we're seeing it now, but this is what we will see some time soon potentially I gather.

So if Betelguese super nova'd and it probably did, it looked like it was going to in those images and you have to bear in mind we're looking into the past. Each light year represents a year window into the past. So that star supernova'd.

The question is, what would that energy do if the gun was facing us. And it was.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Folks, I would not take this video too seriously. It is clear, that this is not the main/central Channel supported by Government, otherwise there will be a logo of the one of the main Channels. The Channel does not look serious (main Channels that supported by Gov. usually look impressive). The lady was speaking very quickly and tripped more then few times (this also says something). But this is my personal opinion.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

thank you will practise, lol.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So if Betelguese super nova'd and it probably did, it looked like it was going to in those images and you have to bear in mind we're looking into the past. Each light year represents a year window into the past. So that star supernova'd.

The question is, what would that energy do if the gun was facing us. And it was.

Maybe we need an experienced ats'er in astronomy to give us some insight into exactly this, does a supernova put earth in any danger if the energy is facing us?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
All this stuff about how Betelguese would be like 2 suns - I see Betelguese at night.

Some of us would just lose our dark night for a while.

The articles that are talking doom - its too far away. At least that's what I like to believe.
If something closer went supernova and hit us, would we even have time to notice that we're dead?

edit on 26-11-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

My problem with the two suns debate is that only certain parts of the world are able to "see" them. If there were two suns, every single person on the planet would be able to see it. The fact that not everyone can leads me to the belief that there are not two suns, just one.

Actually that is not true. A sun/star/rogue planet could approach earth from the Southern or Northern Hemisphere. Lets suppose one of these is a brown dwarf and not visible unless using ultraviolet imagery. Planet X for example is rumored to be approaching from the Southern Hemisphere only visible to a few people and specialized telescopes. I donno.. interesting video. Not a lens flare.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thank mother freaking christ. Pardon my anger, but I was expecting this to be the FIRST reply. Seriously ATS? What the hell happened with your heads.

edit on 26-11-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

My problem with the two suns debate is that only certain parts of the world are able to "see" them. If there were two suns, every single person on the planet would be able to see it. The fact that not everyone can leads me to the belief that there are not two suns, just one.

duh..is where the chemtrails were not sprayed omg

/sarcasm

or not?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr10k
reply to post by elevenaugust

Thank mother freaking christ. Pardon my anger, but I was expecting this to be the FIRST reply. Seriously ATS? What the hell happened with your heads.

edit on 26-11-2012 by mr10k because: (no reason given)

If you read the whole thread you would see the lady in the vid was translated, and talking about a supernova to come, this vid is possibly an older vid but being used as an example of what scientists, astronomers are saying is coming!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
Please engage your brains folks.

A second star in the sky that is viewable in Lebanon would be able to be seen by the entire planet.

As this isn't headline news on every TV channel in the world, what does that tell you?

Just give the subject some logical thought. It's not a hard thing to do.

I think it's funny that everyone is taking this thread title literally, as though the person posting it is some kind of authority as to what this object is, and then "debunking" it from that standpoint. Because, well, what would ATS be without A HUNDRED people practically frothing at the mouth for their chance to run, not walk, into a thread and explain why they think it's a hoax, just before laughing at or mocking anyone who would think differently than them, and patting each other on the back. Great job "denying ignorance" guys!

I wonder if it would be possible for a large object, not a star (no luminosity of its own) to be seen in the sky, reflecting the light of the sun, in one area of the world, but not another.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
This is not Lebanese its Russian, my native language. She says that this is something we MIGHT see if some star explodes.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy

Maybe we need an experienced ats'er in astronomy to give us some insight into exactly this, does a supernova put earth in any danger if the energy is facing us?

Actually, if it went super nova 643 years ago, it would suddenly increase in brightness in our night skies, because that is where you can see it right now. So it would go from looking like this:

To looking like this:

The current theory is that it would approach mag. -12 which is about the same as a full moon (not the sun, not even at sun set, sorry to disappoint).
edit on 26-11-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by GArnold

Actually that is not true. A sun/star/rogue planet could approach earth from the Southern or Northern Hemisphere. Lets suppose one of these is a brown dwarf and not visible unless using ultraviolet imagery. Planet X for example is rumored to be approaching from the Southern Hemisphere only visible to a few people and specialized telescopes. I donno.. interesting video. Not a lens flare.

It is not possible for anything to approach the Earth without at least half the Earth being able to view it. It is impossible to have only a small spot on the Earth being able to view it,

Remember that we see the Moon at night because it reflects sunlight. Any object reflects sunlight. It would reveal itself. Can't hide something unless it is very, very small or very, very far away.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by GArnold

It is not possible for anything to approach the Earth without at least half the Earth being able to view it. It is impossible to have only a small spot on the Earth being able to view it,

Remember that we see the Moon at night because it reflects sunlight. Any object reflects sunlight. It would reveal itself. Can't hide something unless it is very, very small or very, very far away.

You know, it simply amazes me the amount of people that seem to think that if a celestial object is over the south pole, it can't be seen by anyone else in the southern hemisphere.

If that were true, no one in would be able to see the Southern Cross. And that would hold true for us here in the northern hemisphere: none of us would be able to see the North Star, Polaris.

If you took the moon, and put it directly over the North Pole, at the same distance it's at now, everyone in the northern hemisphere would be able to see it still. Same again for the south pole, everyone south of the equator would still be able to see it.

The ONLY way to have an object directly over the south pole and not visible to anyone else except at the south pole, would be if it was only a few hundred miles up or closer. But it would also have to be very, very, very, very small. Not even moon sized.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GetRealBuddy

it looks like the sun it's splitted in two by the clouds and mountains..

Phew, someone with some common sense.

The Chinese one is bit more difficult however.

We would never know in Ireland if there were two Suns. We very rarely see it and we cower when the strange light comes in the sky. We probably would see two after a few of the dark matter, known locally as black stuff, however.

Welcome to the mad mad world of ATS by the way.
edit on 26/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Its a sun dog. Just a normal atmospheric phenomenon. nothing new, just old news

I see these almost everyday. Even phantom moons exist at night

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiveEquation
Its a sun dog. Just a normal atmospheric phenomenon. nothing new, just old news

I see these almost everyday. Even phantom moons exist at night

nothing new? what was the 1st report of one? please provide proof , not being a peni but need the info

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
we had an eclipse a while back, wake up, if there was a second sun/niburu we had to have seen it then

and if betelgeuse would go nova we would have light as bright as a full moon i read a while back

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheniks
we had an eclipse a while back, wake up, if there was a second sun/niburu we had to have seen it then

and if betelgeuse would go nova we would have light as bright as a full moon i read a while back

Again, if you read the translations of the news anchor, she specifically referenced, IT HASN'T HAPPENED YET, so I guess we will wait and see!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join