It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trees on Mars?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Skywatcher2011

..."Hope this clears all the confusion and ends the argument whether these are trees. NO TREES!!!!" ...

Yeah, there are no trees on mars, I think they have a different name for them there.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I once tried to find the truth about life on Mars. I spent many hours in the library going over the old science articles on Mars going back a century. They all agree that there was life on Mars because they saw part of the planet turned green every year and the so called canals which could not natural. Photographs were taken of these phenomenon, but that all ended when the first Mariner space probe sent back the first close up pictures of the planet which showed it was a desert. The NY Times editorial said at the time that anybody who believed in intelligent life on Mars was wrong because it does not exist.
I have a close up color photograph of Mars taken from a large telescope in 1954 when the planet came close to earth. Appearing in National Geographic Magazine, it shows that the planet Is covered with green areas and a blue atmosphere. The caption says the green areas were vegetation. This photograph proves that all the images sent back from the planet since 1965 are not the real planet. Here is the caption under this incredible photograph:
"Across 40,000,000 miles of space, the south polar cap gleams blue-white in the sunlight. ICY-BLUE CLOUDS HOVER ABOVE THE NORTH POLAR CAP. MILLIONS OF ACRES SHOW GREEN, BECAUSE DR, SLIPHER BELIEVES, A SCANTY WATER SUPPLY MELTING FROM THE POLES QUICKENS SOME FORM OF VEGETATION."
So what happened to the icy-blue clouds and the green vegetation?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Yep...this thread is a joke. I lost interest after reading the third post going on about calling each other liars. Really people. Grow up. I remember why I lost interest in ats for awhile. If you can't respond to a thread without throwing in personal attacks, then don't respond at all.

As for people saying NASA and the government lies about everything - really? I used to work for our provincial government for many years. Never saw any lies coming from our department.

Why is this crap allowed?
edit on 25-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I wonder if I should mention the fact that there is a conspiracy theory that the mars rovers are actually sent to the Australian outback instead of Mars?

I'm not saying I believe it, but whenever I hear of a mars anomaly (like that caveman they photographed) I think about that theory.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Maybe the sun is directly overhead. As I said, I'm no Scientist or Engineer but something just doesn't seem right with this picture. For one, the "Dark Streaks" idea might work if we were looking at a flat surface such as a wall or something but we're not; we're looking at the ground. No discredit to the hardworking Scientists and Engineers at NASA but the explanation given just doesn't work for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by lostbook

They look like they're standing up. NASA thinks we're all blind.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike215
So what happened to the icy-blue clouds and the green vegetation?

We developed better telescopes and methods of imaging the skies. Do you believe amateur astronomers are lying to you as well? Incidentally, mars DOES have icy-blue clouds, but no green vegetation.
astrobob.areavoices.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Not forest. Not lakes. Just Skipper doing his thing.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by lostbook

They look like they're standing up. NASA thinks we're all blind.

Well sometimes it depends how you look at something

Is it a mound

Or is it a crater

It is a crater just to confirm!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Thread is a joke. Also odd you pick the most alien and undefined pictures. There are far more obvious ones.

www.marsanomalyresearch.com...

Forest!

Forest and Lake photoshopped by NASA

Image corrected!

www.popsci.com...

Arthur C Clark, Life On Mars!

Water and forests of Moss.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Dont trees have seeds and reproduce? if this is true then why arent there forest on mars? if conditions are amiable enough to have a tree then why not 1000 more?
edit on 26-11-2012 by Foxy1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

Water and forests of Moss.

Then when the colours are not inverted and picture is posted the way it is on the net

It's clear to see it's a raised area above the surface and not a lake!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
To me it looks like an Orc camp has been established. Too many RPGs for me?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
NOT TREES! Here is the proof to debunk this thread question:

I'm confused. Wasn't it clear in the first post that they were simply saying how the revealed patterns looked a little like trees, but were actually not, with the same explanation you posted?

But points for enthusiasm.

(thanks for the cool photo OP. But the collective has spoken. It's from NASA, who lie, so they must REALLY BE TREES!
Or, since NASA provided the picture in the first place, they just WANT us to think that. It's probably something much more terrifying, like holding pens for all the human clone farms they are helping the aliens run.
Or the secret elite's base where they've lived and manipulated humanity for thousands of years from.
Huh! Sand! As if! We're too smart for their blatant lame attempts at cover-ups.)
edit on 26-11-2012 by delusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
To my old eyes they don't look like trees per se but certainly look like blades of dark grass. They are standing upright not lying flat like "streaks" but I can't get any idea of the size/scale I still doubt they are trees.

Love the poster who said there was a conspiracy they were actually photographing the australian outback coz when I first started looking at pics of Mars from the holy NASA me and my husband immediately said "Ahh Oz" hehe

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I have to agree with you so much Arken, I can see what is happening as plain as day. It is like when the horse and buggy had to give way to the car. There is plain and simple tons of photos out there that CLEARY show buildings, plants, intelligently made tubes, gadgets by the millions. It is all over when you study so many of the images. To think otherwise is sheer stupidly. And you can better believe when the the horse and buggy had it's heyday there were PLENTY that didn't want to give way but it happened and it will happen with the tons of images of objects, structures biological organisms on mars.

The horse and buggy attitude really is going to give way to the fact of images, photos truly don't lie the human eye can understands what it sees. The horse and buggy theorist were thriving and put up a fight like babies that didn't want to give up their rattle. And ATS is one of the greatest examples of that I've ever seen in my life.

They will shake their rattle for all it's worth but those horse and buggies are going down like it or not. It didn't happen over night and it sure want happen in this case either. There will be an awakening to the living universe just like there was a waking up that the earth is flat belief, but you know there are some that still believe the earth is flat.
To me that is just not that much fun, I don't want to be an ostrich, I like my head out of the earth were I can SEE clearly, even though Nasa can make things a little fuzzy

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

I hope one day, another Country will come forward and publicly announce that they have found ancient structures on the moon or life elsewhere in the cosmos... For the folks who visited in the past, who did detail mapping and study, it's pretty hard to miss it!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcarpenter

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by jcarpenter

2) NASA is a national security organization that specializes in propaganda. Which pretty much fits the rest of our government. Do you *really* believe a damn thing they say?

Aren't they the ones up there now? Aren't they the ones whose images you are looking at? Aren't they the people who should know?

What reason would there be to lie. Trees on mars. Wow, earth shattering news.

No reason to lie. No reason for it to be a lie.

god this is tediously silly sometimes...

Yes; it is tedious.

Fact is: This "government" is built on lies. They will lie even when the truth will work just as well. Who knows their agenda -- other than it's just another faucet of the dog-n-pony show we are subjected to daily.

Yes, we all know the government loves telling lies.
That doesn't mean everything they say is a lie, you literally don't trust a single thing they say then you'll never learn anything will you?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
A few points for the record:

This image is from the polar region of Mars, where there is a seasonal freezing/thawing of CO2 going on, subzero temperatures, and winds up to 400 km/h. If there were trees on Mars, wouldn't they be found more commonly in the warmer regions, closer to the equator?

To me, these dark streaks look nothing like trees. Looking at the original image it's clear that the view is top-down and the streaks are flat on the slopes of the dunes. Some of them are even pointing the opposite way, which would be impossible if they were trees standing upright and photographed from an angle. hirise.lpl.arizona.edu...

Here's a full-scale fragment of the image, with the streaks that point the opposite way. They are quite clearly not trees but sandflows. img.photobucket.com...

Here's a true-colour (RGB) of another part, at full-scale: img.photobucket.com...

If those are trees, then I am Micky Mouse.

edit on 26-11-2012 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join