It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not sure where else to ask this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I recently payed a visit to an old family member doing life in prison for some stuff back in the 90s.

He described to me something that was the equivalent of selling yourself to a corporation. Details that he provided were very vague and his English isn't the best so I will try to describe the process as best as I can.

Supposedly there is some kind of system set up that allows an American citizen to sell themselves to a corporation and have all their debts and files erased and renewed as though they are a new person. They are no longer John Smith they are now John Smith LLC or something like that.

Supposedly prisoners that are serving time with him have done this, and the process involved selling their social security, birth certificate, and all other documents associated to them to an interested party, and then they get released.

By selling themselves, the companies use this information to pay off debts and it somehow pays off the companie's debt or America's debt.

I might not be explaining it very well, but then again it wasn't explained to me very well. If this sounds familiar to anyone, or if anyone knows anything about this, I would love to hear more about this.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

They dont get released, they get vaporized.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I'm not to keen on the politics of prisoners
...Although I understand that prisons have become privately owned lately...so It wouldn't surprise me.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

Well privately owned prisons is one thing, but straight selling yourself to a corporation for a clean slate sounds very odd and almost like complete fiction, but he was very much interested in me finding out more about this system.

He compared it to the Matrix, like the corporation is agent smith and just keeps buying new people so they can be everywhere at once. Terrible metaphor, but he very much believed that these companies have the power to buy people.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Reply to post by rottenrascals

Makes zero sense the way you explain it. It sounds to me like you are trying to describe the process by which one gets rid of his straw man and becomes sovereign. If you get rid of your straw man the courts can't prosecute you and none of the debt you accrued under it counts anymore. Your straw man is your name and is backed by your social etc

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

This, this is what it sounds like. Do you have any more information about this or atleast point me in the direction of where to find more info.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Forgive me...but the fact it's a prison doesn't mean the guys living there can't be con'ed as easily as anyone living out here. It sure sounds like a scam to me and a play on the Sovereign citizen concept maybe? I can say there is absolutely no legal course or means to do what you're describing short of through Government intervention and then it's a hell of a thing to have done. That's Witness Protection level change of status and identity. What private corp would want to and what can a prisoner actually give of value they would want in exchange? I'm missing the whole idea of what is being exchanged? I mean I get the prisoner's impression of a better situation...but what deal is actually done?

The prison still sees them by the same name, number and everything as before right? No Official record changes are there?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
If this sort of thing is real I can imagine there would be some very grave consequences at some point for anyone willing to be "sold".

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by rottenrascals

I can only say that there is no depth of cynical depravity that I would think is beneath the corporate rot that rules this world. Nothing would surprise me anymore.

But I don't really see how such a contract would work, specifically, or what its purpose would be. I will say that it seems like the prisons would be pretty empty if you could "sell your soul" and be freed. I have also lived on the "fringe" long enough that I have no doubt that I'd have met a few of these people and would know about this if it were true....
edit on 11/25/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/25/2012 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
First off, they're in prison, the place is full of bs artists and outright liars.
Does he know anyone PERSONALLY that hs done it

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
After spending almost two hours searching through the policy and procedure for the GA department of corrections, I can answer this one with a bit of certainty.

Inmates and detainees in the state of Georgia cannot enter into any legally binding contract with the exception of magazine subscriptions, and with prior approval of the facilities warden, marriages.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Happens all the time, to make it even more simple all you need is a death certificate. Doesn't seem fair in some cases but if the time served doesn't get served in real time than maybe the crime wasn't real either.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Well, aren’t they using private institutions in some cases to house inmates? And aren’t some of those institutions guaranteed 100% bed occupation? And don’t some of them get paid a daily amount for each prisoner they house?

So, what if they could say they were housing a prisoner, had all the paperwork to prove it, but the prisoner wasn’t really there? And if they gave someone a new identity, in exchange for their old one, they wouldn’t have to worry about the ss# or birth certificate showing up outside the prison walls. They could probably be making some pretty good money.

Not saying this is happening, or even plausible, but I could see it.

Thanks,
Blend57

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
To the O/P...

I know that there are online money-making "groups" who claim to create a form of reverse debt that capitalizes actual monetary instruments based upon one's identity. Personally, I don't see how the math could possibly work with this stuff... Perhaps that is what your friend was referring to.

I also know that there are attorneys who specialize in identity-change issues for various reasons. Of course, the government uses change-of-identity routinely in the Witness Protection Program.

I doubt a prisoner's identity is worth a corporation's time -- what do they get out of it? Future earnings? Internal organs...? It doesn't make sense.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Actually I have heard of this before, however, I am not sure if it is a real thing.
However, from what I hear, you also have to act in the best interests of the company and if you don't there are consequences.
I hope for the love of humanity, though, that it is not a real thing.

new topics

top topics

join