It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dont understand

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
The search engine here sucks

Seriously it does, fix it or else

I saw a thread about a 3d video of a yawning fetus and wanted to comment on it but searches turn up threads that are totally unrelated.

I wanted to comment on it because I saw the video and it looks just like a baby that could and probably would live outside the womb.
Even though it doesnt specify what term this particular baby was in, it did say that the study was given on fetuses that were between 24 and 36 months.
I am not an anti-abortionist fanatic but this really shows that these arent just objects in the womb, they are living "breathing" humans and to chop them up inside the womb is pretty much murder, even at 24 weeks.
I am sure this particular video is of a baby thats in a later term, probably closer to 36 weeks but still, just look at this, this kid looks like a newborn baby, it could and would live outside the womb.

There are laws out there that prosecute women for things they do that accidentally kill a fetus, yet a doctor can do it without repercussions?
There are also laws that prosecute a person that accidentally causes the death of a fetus, ie car crash or whatever.
BS double standard hypocrisy.

The study was carried out on eight female and seven male fetuses from 24 to 36 weeks gestation. The researchers found that yawning declined from 28 weeks and that there was no significant difference in how often boys and girls yawned. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 11/23/2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Is this rant about the search engine or abortion?

Edit: If it is about the search engine sucking with the abortion issue as a side note, I agree.
edit on 23-11-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

Edit 2: Beat me to it, hence the edit #2.

edit on 23-11-2012 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Both but more so about abortion, hence the couple of paragraphs about the fetuses etc..
Did you really need to ask that or were you just being a smartass?

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by superman2012

Both but more so about abortion, hence the couple of paragraphs about the fetuses etc..
Did you really need to ask that or were you just being a smartass?

A small serving of smartass, I just wanted to know what the crux of this thread was.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

lol ok, sorry for the confusion. What I meant was, there was a thread about this 3d image already and I couldnt find it, so I started this one.
Wanted to head off any "thread already exists" posts that would probably pop up.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I am not an anti-abortionist fanatic but this really shows that these arent just objects in the womb, they are living "breathing" humans and to chop them up inside the womb is pretty much murder, even at 24 weeks. I am sure this particular video is of a baby thats in a later term, probably closer to 36 weeks but still, just look at this, this kid looks like a newborn baby, it could and would live outside the womb.

Of course they can live outside the womb by then. 24 weeks = about 6 months. 36 weeks = about 9 months.
Almost a complete pregnancy.

Canada restricts abortions to less than 12 weeks, unless the pregnancy is too risky for the mother's health. They do it privately in a hospital.

The US, for some reason, does late term abortions, and doesn't even try to keep it between a woman and her doctor. And then they get everyone worked up about how wrong it is.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Wanna know something else?
In the US, you have to have parental consent for any surgical procedure, if youre under 18, unless its an abortion.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

They seem to do things down there on a way that keeps the controversy going.
Abortion clinics seem so "in your face", so "public".

We don't even have "abortion clinics" up here ( to my knowledge).

Planned parenthood does all sorts of women's examinations, birth control, mammograms and such, but abortions are done quickly and privately, in a hospital, before the fetus turns into a baby that could live outside of the womb. Covered by regular medical insurance.

I almost think they try to keep Americans as polarized as they can, on many issues. Race wars, gender wars, religion, medicine, all sorts of issues...
TPTB want the US fighting with one another. Over everything

edit on 23-11-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

They seem to do things down there on a way that keeps the controversy going. Abortion clinics seem so "in your face", so "public".

Yep, you can thank the feminist movement for that.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Nah, we have (for the most part) equallity up here too.

I blame the US's crazy, dysfunctional media and the government.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
although I don't go around and encourage people to have abortions (of course in some cases, it may be a good idea), the video doesn't show anything spectacular. It's not a yawn because a fetus doesn't use their lungs and there's not an oxygen atmosphere in there for it to breath in.

It was an involuntary reaction of opening its mouth, and was repetitive, it was just the same action shown several times. It's not positive proof to be used against abortion, it's a video of a developing fetus, and that's all it is.

Now, with that being said, I do feel abortions should require a great deal of counseling before they are understaken and done only as a last result if the life of the mother is in danger. I am very much against it being used as a form of "birth control" and also feel it shouldn't be considered at all after the first trimeseter... unless the mother's life is in serious danger.

Anyway.... it needs to remain legal regardless of how a minority of individuals may feel about it. It isn't a mandatory practice and nobody is going to force you to get pregnant then force you to have an abortion just to rub it in your face. It's a choice that must be made by the woman carrying the fetus. It's up to them and their medical doctor. I'd hazard to guess there isn't a doctor in the world who takes pleasure in doing it, but they do it for specific reasons. If they didn't, there would be a lot, a LOT of back alley abortions and a lot of deaths of women involved. Keep it legal where the counseling can take place and minds can be changed whenever possible. ....and lives can be saved when necessary.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
yawning foetus

www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread901985/pg1

first match

then your thread.

Is there another thread??? Because that one is many hours before this thread, so I'm not sure if you saw that and it was not what you wanted.

Yawning foetus... good name for a gore band..

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Well, your ATS works better than mine does because I typed it in several times and it never came up..
Just like this...

top topics

join