It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone had or know of any strange experiences at sea?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I find this interesting.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomcake
www.youtube.com...

I find this interesting.

Yeah that is interesting and strange. Do you know any background info on this recording? Or has it been discussed on any threads on here at all that you know of?

edit on 23-11-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by doodles40

Hey, yeah Tristan Da Cunha

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chop_UK

Hey, yeah Tristan Da Cunha

What an interesting little place, would be kind of cool to get away and live in a small place like that

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Im lucky enough to have been there 4 times
as my grandad was an islander and half
of my family still live there today.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Chop_UK

Oh wow that's cool man, do they have many urban legends or folk tale kind of things over there?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   

Most stories were told between familys from the older generations but one whch
was island wide was the Jack-o-lantern one, where sometimes on a night
(as im not sure if they had street lights back then) when people were walkin home
from the island hall/pub or freinds houses they used to see light which would
look like someone carry a torch so they would sometimes follow as everyone on the island
knows everyone! but the light would lead to the ocean and go out to sea.
Another kinda strange story but one which caught my interest also.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Well i have no way of proving this but one day i was fishing in the north end of the Red Sea when this guy comes up with a long pole, long white flowing beard, and dressed in a bed sheet, and promptly parts the "Red Sea".
Funnily enough he looked just like "Charlton Heston", i never caught a thing after that. I took a Photo of him

edit on 24-11-2012 by Ferryman because: Addition

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Yeah that is interesting and strange. Do you know any background info on this recording? Or has it been discussed on any threads on here at all that you know of?

edit on 23-11-2012 by doodles40 because: (no reason given)

Not much info, other than they started recording it in august of 1991 (right after I was born)! The signal was stronger in fall and spring, and it slowly faded until 1994 I believe. It seemed to emit from tectonic fissures and areas of volcanic activity. I think 1991 was also the start of a period of high solar activity, so possible link maybe?

I can't make the drone out at all, but the few I've shared it with think it sounds like the hordes of hell. The weird thing is, if you listen with a decent pair of headphones you can make out something howling these really eery melodies; doesn't sound like any whale noises I can find.

Hydrothermal vent's? A legion of the dead? I can only ponder.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Doomcake because: remarking the quote

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
It's fun to think the deep sea sounds were created by mythical sea creatures, but they aren't.

The sounds you hear in the videos are amplified, pitch shifted and band pass filtered. If they weren't, you wouldn't be hearing much of it.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
There is the case of the USS STEIN that had the protective coating on its sonar dome damaged by what was considered the largest giant squid to date judging by the circular scoring in the rubber coating and remnants of teeth that normally ring the suckers on these beasts, I couldn't find a pic of the damage I suppose it was classified for some reason but here is some info on the vessel.
www.mesotheliomaweb.org...

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by cookiemonster32
There is the case of the USS STEIN that had the protective coating on its sonar dome damaged by what was considered the largest giant squid to date judging by the circular scoring in the rubber coating and remnants of teeth that normally ring the suckers on these beasts, I couldn't find a pic of the damage I suppose it was classified for some reason but here is some info on the vessel.
www.mesotheliomaweb.org...

Heres an old segment about it from (again) my favorite TV series to do with this sort of thing

The part dealing with the USS STEIN starts at 3:00, gotta be big if it thinks it could take on an American Nuclear Sub
(there is also a segment in that same episode where a navy man from WW2 tells a story of him and other survivors of a torpedoed ship being plucked from wreckage by large tentacles in the moonlight)

Theres a vid I cant find that shows a giant squid eating a lure and suddenly out in the murk behind it you see another 'Bigger' (and by that I mean HUGE) squid flare its tentacles then recede into the depths again. From what I gathered those that studied the vid said something along the line of the background squid have a tentacle span of 50 feet or so... so yeah, one big mother.

Wish I knew where to find the vid (tried a few times with out success) might have been from an investigative TV show of sorts.

Edit:- Nevermind I finally found it, yay... was a camera squid not a lure, and was 50 foot or so long not tentacle span.

Come to momma...
edit on 2-1-2013 by BigfootNZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Not really strange, but I was once at sea in a hurricane in a 32ft yacht, which was definitely an interesting experience.

My father was also on the European side of "The Perfect Storm" (yes, the one in that movie).

posted on Jan, 2 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
One time about 240 miles off the Calif coast we ran into a area where we found ourselves in a areas with 1000s and 1000s of sharks just swimming in circles on the surface. this went on all day as we went through the area at 10 knots.

Would not have wanted to go for a swim there.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join