It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO in night vision as promised

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Venus or Jupiter? He doesn't even know which direction he was filming?

Why is there never any information other than some obscure videos? Do people not understand these videos are rather useless?

What direction was he filming? How long was the object visible? What happened when it disappeared...did it "zap away", fade out...move elsewhere in the sky...? What was the location of the person filming the object? What time zone? At least a best guess on altitude and size.... etc etc

Did he try filming it without night vision equipment?...

Without data, it's just a bright spot in the sky... or perhaps not even that.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Without data, it's just a bright spot in the sky... or perhaps not even that.

I agree, too many people simply post a video without any background data. It becomes very hard to believe the footage is a genuine ufo when no other data is present - it just looks like a blob of light.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
iv just looked at some of your threads

as i said i will ask any questions on monday did you not read all the replies ?
edit on 24/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidmortal

as i said i will ask any questions on monday didf you not read all the replies ?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
pics or it didnt happen
get pics then its something else

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I see you're in Chester, is that Chester England?
Your third video in this post looks a lot like my own sighting when it flew off into the distance, it looked very different close up though and this was very close up, the speed it was travelling also looks about the same. Did he catch anything on September 1st?

ETA. I hadn't seen this post when I replied.

" he did he said it was slightly bulged in the middle
and he thinks it may have been really big as he thought it was very
far away in his opinion but how he came to that conclusion i dont know"

What I saw was huge and if its the same thing, my sighting might explain the bulge.
edit on 24-11-2012 by LEL01 because: Added more.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Maryhinge, if you're pretty good friends with the chap, then maybe you two could work together, learning the equipment and shooting some great video. There have been a lot of comments on here with tips included. I myself would just be shooting at whatever if I saw something, so I would totally fail in the filming department. But it appears as if your friend sees a lot of 'somethings' and there may or may not be something worth viewing. Hope you can get some good vid on here.
edit on 24-11-2012 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
pics or it didnt happen
get pics then its something else

Well you do need as much info as possible time,date, location direction facing can help rule out certain astronomical objects info on the camera etc can also help ie make model (lens if its an slr) can also help work out what could be seen or not, if it's still pictures exif data is handy to rule out certain things as well.

Well lets look at a recon 550 it's a scope / camera you have to hook it up to something to record the video

specs Visual magnification, x 4, Objective lens, 50 mm, Angular field of view, degree 5.5 ,Video output signal standard CCIR / EIA**
Camera resolution, pixel (CCIR / EIA) 500x582 / 510x492

So 4x optical with a LOW resolution digital sensor.

At 4x zoom the big bright object CAN'T be Jupiter or Venus and the field of view of the camera confirms that

You said this

For one i trust him for 2 he has nothing to gain by telling fibs
the big bright object is jupiter or venus

The spec of his equipment says he is lying care to comment on what you think of him now!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

that is what he did say to me and i think you are very RIGHT
i will see him today at 10.30am and will see what he has to say
thanks for your input

Well lets look at a recon 550 it's a scope / camera you have to hook it up to something to record the video

it holds a memory card he actually tock it out of scope/camera while i was there.

The spec of his equipment says he is lying care to comment on what you think of him now!

well lets just say a pinch of salt with anything he says from now on

its done my head right in and i think i cant put down what i think of him now as a ban
would follow

edit on 26/11/2012 by maryhinge because: (no reason given)

that star is off me as i think he told me it was 3 am and if it was jupiter how would he see it
i wish i could delete this thread now

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

I see you're in Chester, is that Chester England?

yes

but i think hes pulling my leg sadly but i will see him at 10.30am
and i do have a few questions for him

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I will leave them up for now but i think i will be deleting them from utube

we will see

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

gortex i now think its got to be the moon and i think hes
making it fantastical in his own way why i have no idea
i feel like i have been played

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

No problem that's why it's handy to get as much info as possible about the event and the equipment, many members on here are amatuer,semi or even pro photographers it's been my hobby for 30+ years so I do have a good grasp of what can and can't be done started of with a manual camera (focus & exposure) the best way to learn.

Many threads on here have come to an end because the claims made don't stand under scrutiny when we see all the info

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
he was a no show but his son came in for the memory card

so sadly i have no further info at the moment

im really sorry

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

That's disappointing, all I want is for one person to have seen what I saw and you are kind of in the right direction, so it could have come from your way. Trust me to be fooled by him, do you think he knows what he filmed in the video I was talking about?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Regarding the time stamp jumping, I was able to find this. If someone cares to translate, this may be your answer.

Re: RFC: use of timestamp/sequence in v4l2_buffer Le mardi 4 septembre 2012 13:38:06, Hans Verkuil a écrit : > 7)

Should the timestamp field always be monotonically increasing? Or it is > possible to get timestamps that jump around?

This makes sense for encoders > that create B-frames referring to frames captured earlier than an I-frame. I would expect an encoder to output frames in DTS order rather than PTS and a decoder to output frames in PTS order.

The timestamp field is the only indication of the PCR, so an application might not recover if the timestamp jumps backward. If there is an ambiguity between PTS and DTS, I think it should be documented and specified per format what the timestamp is. --

gmane.com

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LEL01

no his son says that he did see this thing i just think hes got the moon and jupiter mixed up
but maybe the star under the moon is jupiter i dont know
but his son says he would not try to fool me/us

well his dad usually comes the gym mondays wednesdays and fridays
so i will see him eventually

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
that's a lightbulb

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

reply to post by LEL01

no his son says that he did see this thing i just think hes got the moon and jupiter mixed up

Seriously he got them mixed up.

Not really easy to mix up

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I don't know one star or planet from another but I do know the moon when I see it. What I'm talking about is the 3rd video in your 2nd post with videos, this thing is moving so whatever it is, it's not a star, a planet or the moon.

I did a thread last week about my sighting, I don't want to bring it here so if you want to know what I'm talking about just look in my profile then you can ask me here if there's anything you want to know, if you want to.

I wouldn't delete the videos until you have spoken to him to be sure of what he is saying.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join